Need laptop AND gun Messenger type bag.......thoughts?

This is a discussion on Need laptop AND gun Messenger type bag.......thoughts? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello All, I need a messenger type laptop bag and although I have seen some online, wanted to get some real world opionions first. I ...

Thread: Need laptop AND gun Messenger type bag.......thoughts?

Need laptop AND gun Messenger type bag.......thoughts?

Hello All,

I need a messenger type laptop bag and although I have seen some online, wanted to get some real world opionions first.

I know most people wont carry like this, and for me, it is mostly to transport from home to vehicle and vehicle to work (laptop only from ehicle; without gun since it is prohibited). Here is my issue, I leave the house carrying my laptop loose, gun loose (in a holster but not on me to store in vehicle while at the office) and papers, and coffee, etc. etc......so I want a messenger type bag that will primarliy be used this way but MAYBE, and RARELY as a carry mode if I need it to....but mostly just for transportation to and fro.

Any thoughts are greatly appreciated!
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    Have you see this at the NRA store? http://www.nrastore.com/nra/Product....tid=SA%2022206

It might be too "tactical" looking, but it has holsters for handguns and a removable laptop case as well.

I have an eagle industries courier bag that I really like. It fit my fullsized laptop and fullsized CZ-75. it has a totally seperate compartment for the pistol so you can pull out the laptop without worrying if anyone sees the other. It is a little pricey and maybe a little tactical looking but not out of the boundary of laptop and shoulder bags carried by a lot of students and professional types.

So with the Eagle Ind. bag...do you put the pistol in the zippered back part or the laptop there? They shopw the pistol in the main compartment.

I like the NRA bag but yes, too tactical and too many compartments for what I need.
    "I would rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!" - Dorothy Parker

I've been considering one of these: http://www.maxpedition.com/store/pc/...r-Bags-c58.htm
    They're a little pricy, however.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

you can check this one out...

http://www.lapolicegear.com/zombie-hunter-bag.html

has molle webbing on it, but u can always unstich thoses off. unstich the la police gear tag too...

not sure if it fits a lap top, but def looks like a lap top case if thats what ur aiming for. prob fit the 10 or 13 inch latops

I have this one made by Uncle Mike's. The price was very reasonable, and the quality seems much better than one would think it would be. I read quite a few good reviews before I bought mine. It looks exactly like a "normal" briefcase/bag. I did remove the Uncle Mike's tag, probably wasn't necessary, but I thought it was a good idea. I seldom use the holster that comes with it, but it does work well enough that I would not have a problem with it. This is now my daily carry bag. The only thing that I wish was different was the color, anything you want as long as it's black. Actually you could probably do just fine with any number of bags out there, even if not specifically made for gun carry. My preference would be a vertical bag, and somewhere I know I've seen one, but I can't find where. In the back of my mind I've had the idea of either making my own and building in the features I want, or finding one that I like and doing some customizing. Good luck, and do post back with what you end up with.

http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/...n_holster.html

Spend the money on the Maxpedition and you'll never look back. Got one that I've carried every day for last 6 years still looks like new.

Quote Originally Posted by flor1 View Post
    Spend the money on the Maxpedition and you'll never look back. Got one that I've carried every day for last 6 years still looks like new.
    I can second that, Maxpedition's stuff is built to last and last and last.
    If You Want To POPULATE Heaven
    You Have To PLUNDER Hell!!

4th Man Ministries

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by flor1 View Post
    Completely concur - I have a Colossus that I use as a camera bag (and occasional off-body carry). Extremely well build and sturdy.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

I have been carrying on of these for a couple of years and it is still in great shape, even though it has been more than a little abused. Has a padded laptop pocket and an easily accessable handgun pocket.
    http://www.dillonprecision.com/#/con...led_Carry_Tote

Maratac Range Bag could work as an alternative, but it might be too big for a messanger type bag. Plenty of room for the laptop and your CCW. It has the loop lining like the Maxpedition bags for use with a velcro holster. There is a video that shows it's features. Good luck on your search.

http://countycomm.com/FORCE1.htm
    Last edited by tmoore912; August 5th, 2010 at 12:15 PM. Reason: spelling
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Links