Defensive Carry banner

Appendix IWB for Glock 26

22K views 25 replies 23 participants last post by  ajgranda 
#1 ·
I am curious who carries a 26 or simular in the 11 or 1 o clock posistion and what holster you use.

#6 ·
I am curious who carries a 26 or similar in the 11 or 1 o clock position and what holster you use.
I love carrying appendix with my G27! This summer, I'm carrying in a Remora holster custom made for me. It's the bomb, and it's me.

#8 ·
Ok after looking at several links. RetSup which one do you prefer to wear when you carry in the appendix posistion? Boricua I know most carry at the 3-4 while wearing the C tac. I had not thought that it would work due to its width. I am just wondering where the clips wind up in realtion to belt buckles etc. With my current job tuckable isnt nearly as important. I currently carry in a Smartcarry or Highnoon (dont remember the model) pleased with both but always open to options. Ive found living in a small town where a hug may happen at anytime or where co workers may bump into you or with small children that appendix is without a doubt the most discreet.

#9 ·
Ok after looking at several links. RetSup which one do you prefer to wear when you carry in the appendix position?
I would not carry in the appendix position (not comfortable with my shape...round is a shape, right?). Actually, I don't know anyone who does carry in the appendix position, but I know it can work for some.
I have carried at the 3:30 position with the #1A (with a cant). I think that you would find the Fist #1 (without a cant) a good choice. http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/1.htm
Fist uses a steel clip that really grabs, easy on/off, quality leather, and well-boned. I would recommend getting the body protector with any IWB holster that is going to touch the skin.
Enjoy shopping...:hand10:

#11 ·
I carry a G26 at 1 - 2 o'clock in a Minotaur Neutral (Appendix Carry) Cant Holster from Comp-Tac. Comfortable and well-concealed.

#13 ·
In summer, I carry a G27 IWB in appendix carry (1:30-2:00) using a Comp-Tac MTAC. The clips are adjustable enough to get a straight drop and it is very comfortable. Their Neutral Cant is the same holster specifically designed for appendix carry but I have not tried it since the MTAC works well for me.

In winter, I carry a G23 OWB in a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit.

#15 ·
I have been carrying AIWB for about 1.5 years now as my primary mode of carry. I use a Dale Fricke Archangel AIWB holster to carry my Glock 19. It does not have a tucking feature, but I never tuck anyway. In a casual setting I just wear shirts un-tucked, and in a work environment I wear a sport coat or blazer. I have had several of Dale's appendix carry holsters and this one is the best for me because of the two pull-the-dot straps on the front. They make it much easier to wear with all my pants and shorts. The straps don't get in the way of belt loops, and easy on/ off. He makes them specifically for the G26, or you could get one that will hold a full size G17 and everything in-between. The Shaggy looks good, but I would get it with the belt loops and not that huge kydex loop (that would interfere with the belt loops on my pants).

Here is a good blog by Gabe Suarez about appendix carry from his Warrior Talk News: http://www.warriortalknews.com/2010/05/appendix-carry-comfortable-concealable-and-quickest.html

#17 ·
I'm really interested in the Archangel holster for my G26. I currently use a FIST K4 worn at 3:30 most of the time and don't care for it when worn at 1:00. I would probably get the Archangel for the G19 to give it a little more stability and to enable me to move up to a G19 should I ever do so. I'm sure the Archangel can be worn at 3:00 also, correct? I'd love to see a pic of this.

#18 ·
Too short for my weight....appendix carry is uncomfortable for me, so I carry at 2:30-3:00 in a High Noon "Down Under".
Have one each for my Glocks & HK.

#20 ·
I use to carry a G26 AIW and also a S&W 38. It keeps the gun handy when driving also.
e4gulf, I use the Widerness belts also but I put it through my belt loops from the "wrong" side so the excess flap is on the other side and does not make a bigger bulge.
(I also do this when shooting revolver in IDPA, as my speedloaders ride there also)

#23 ·
Hey guys, I have been carrying Appendix IWB for several years now. There was a trial and error period to get it right. I'll share what I learned with you -

Will it work for you?

1). If you are overweight, and I mean sumo material, AIWB will not be very comfortable.
2). If you have to wear a business suit, it will not be a good choice either unless you opt for deep concealment.

Advantages -

1). With careful selection of clothing AIWB is by far more concealable than the typical "strong side" 3:00 - 5:00 carry.
2). It is the fastes draw possible since your hand is closer to the gun and the gun closer to the target.
3). Being on centerline, it is easier to draw from uncomfortable and compromised positions.
4). In a fist/ground fight....which could happen, AIWB is easier to access, as well as defend.

Holster Dynamics -

Height - To conceal it best, the gun's grip should be very low...almost riding the belt. The problem will be a slowed draw and often in stressful training, you will grab the belt as well. OTOH, riding the pistol higher will aid in access but compromise concealability. I arrived at a compromise when I had my own rig built. Just enough room between the top of the belt and the grip to get your fingers in for the grab.

Angle - We tried forward cant, backward rake, etc. The best solution to give to accessibility, concealment, and comfort was simply straight up and down carry.

Anyway....that is it. We sell our own holsters of course. I designed them to provide all of these attributes. Here is another write up on a suitable rig that offers very deep concealment - http://www.warriortalknews.com/2010/05/the-zack-concealment-holster.html#tp

Try AIWB however, if it fits your attire and body type, you will never go back to strong side hip.

Gabe Suarez
www.warriortalknews.com

#26 ·
Same here, I have a Galco stow-n-go for my XD40sc for appendix carry in really hot weather. A Tucker Answer IWB for the rest of the time.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.