Appendix IWB for Glock 26

This is a discussion on Appendix IWB for Glock 26 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I am curious who carries a 26 or simular in the 11 or 1 o clock posistion and what holster you use....

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Appendix IWB for Glock 26

Appendix IWB for Glock 26

I am curious who carries a 26 or simular in the 11 or 1 o clock posistion and what holster you use.

2. Remove Ads

i dont have a g26 yet, but i plan on trying the mr softy from high noon holsters at my 1 o clock...

I use one of these (fits all 4 of my Glocks):

http://activeprogear.com/22-belt-slide.html

I know you asked about Glocks, but when something feels this good you gotta share. I just got my Shaggy from Custom Carry Concepts and it is amazing!!! Not to mention that Rich is a great business man, but check it out http://shop.customcarryconcepts.com/Shaggy-AIWB-SHG.htm

Best of luck in your search!!

G27 C-Tac.jpg G27 every day in a C-Tac
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Quote Originally Posted by camsdaddy View Post
    I am curious who carries a 26 or similar in the 11 or 1 o clock position and what holster you use.
    I love carrying appendix with my G27! This summer, I'm carrying in a Remora holster custom made for me. It's the bomb, and it's me.

If you can't find it in here, you're not looking hard enough.
    All my firearms ride in a Fist holster, most of the time.

http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/Default.htm
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ok after looking at several links. RetSup which one do you prefer to wear when you carry in the appendix posistion? Boricua I know most carry at the 3-4 while wearing the C tac. I had not thought that it would work due to its width. I am just wondering where the clips wind up in realtion to belt buckles etc. With my current job tuckable isnt nearly as important. I currently carry in a Smartcarry or Highnoon (dont remember the model) pleased with both but always open to options. Ive found living in a small town where a hug may happen at anytime or where co workers may bump into you or with small children that appendix is without a doubt the most discreet.

Ok after looking at several links. RetSup which one do you prefer to wear when you carry in the appendix position?
    I would not carry in the appendix position (not comfortable with my shape...round is a shape, right?). Actually, I don't know anyone who does carry in the appendix position, but I know it can work for some.
    I have carried at the 3:30 position with the #1A (with a cant). I think that you would find the Fist #1 (without a cant) a good choice. http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/holster/1.htm
    Fist uses a steel clip that really grabs, easy on/off, quality leather, and well-boned. I would recommend getting the body protector with any IWB holster that is going to touch the skin.
    Enjoy shopping...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Boricua I know most carry at the 3-4 while wearing the C tac. I had not thought that it would work due to its width. I am just wondering where the clips wind up in realtion to belt buckles etc. With my current job tuckable isnt nearly as important.
    Depends on the type of pants that I'm wearing and where the belt loops are located. I usually wear slacks and a tucked in polo, G27 under the shirt at 2 o'clock. One of the clips usually ends up about two inches from the belt buckle and the other right in front of my hip bone. I've carried like this for about a year and half now without any problems.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

I carry a G26 at 1 - 2 o'clock in a Minotaur Neutral (Appendix Carry) Cant Holster from Comp-Tac. Comfortable and well-concealed.
    "To predict the behavior of ordinary people in advance, you only have to assume that they will always try to escape a disagreeable situation with the smallest possible expenditure of intelligence." Friedrich Nietzsche

When I carry my XD9SC (almost same size as G26) it is appendix in a High Noon Mr. Softy.

In summer, I carry a G27 IWB in appendix carry (1:30-2:00) using a Comp-Tac MTAC. The clips are adjustable enough to get a straight drop and it is very comfortable. Their Neutral Cant is the same holster specifically designed for appendix carry but I have not tried it since the MTAC works well for me.

In winter, I carry a G23 OWB in a Mitch Rosen Upper Limit.
    NRA Life Member

i use a cheap uncle mikes but i changed the clip to a strong steel one. the holster is carried at 1:00 when wearing elastic type shorts or sweats. very comfortable and waterproof and will not come out on a draw.

I have been carrying AIWB for about 1.5 years now as my primary mode of carry. I use a Dale Fricke Archangel AIWB holster to carry my Glock 19. It does not have a tucking feature, but I never tuck anyway. In a casual setting I just wear shirts un-tucked, and in a work environment I wear a sport coat or blazer. I have had several of Dale's appendix carry holsters and this one is the best for me because of the two pull-the-dot straps on the front. They make it much easier to wear with all my pants and shorts. The straps don't get in the way of belt loops, and easy on/ off. He makes them specifically for the G26, or you could get one that will hold a full size G17 and everything in-between. The Shaggy looks good, but I would get it with the belt loops and not that huge kydex loop (that would interfere with the belt loops on my pants).

Here is a good blog by Gabe Suarez about appendix carry from his Warrior Talk News: http://www.warriortalknews.com/2010/...-quickest.html

GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links