Brommeland OWB holster

Brommeland OWB holster

This is a discussion on Brommeland OWB holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I came across a guy online selling some of Gary's holsters. He had a max con V, an OWB holster and one he called a ...

Talking Brommeland OWB holster

I came across a guy online selling some of Gary's holsters. He had a max con V, an OWB holster and one he called a cheetah holster, all for the mid sized glocks. My friend got away with the maxcon and the Cheetah. I all ready have my max con on order so I was all right with letting him grab it. I took the OWB holster. Its a bit dif from the def con as it has a thumb break and an open bottom. I don't know if its an older design of gary's or custom, but I know I like it. I feel like I stole it for the 30 dollars and some odd chnge I paid for it. Holds my gun extremley close, rides comfortably and doesnt move too much. it has the same reverse slot on the rear of the holster as the def con which I really like. Still breaking it in a bit as it seemed brand new and un stretched. I let it sit all night with two layers of wax paper and drew from it a bit. It's about there. It really makes me THAT much more anxious to recieve my max con. My friend is in love with his cheetah holster. Says he thinks he likes it more than the max con. I took some time switching between some of my other OWB holsters(galco's, mikes) and Gary's just seems to ride better. I'm not having to adjust it during the day. It just stays put. Keep up the good work Gary!
    Attached Images

Rich... what is the deal with the wax paper? I've seen that mentioned before, but never asked why the paper. Please enlighten me abit.
    John
    XD40 Service
    S&W638 Airweight .38

Kahr CW9
    Hi-Point 995 Carbine

Distinguished Member Array snowdoctor's Avatar
    wax paper does two things. protects the gun during break in and more importantly, it adds thickness just a bit so the holster fits the gun better and you can draw from it. the new holster is shrinked to the gun mold and is VERY tight when you receive it. Gary rocks!
    ----DOC-----

--people ask why I carry, and I show them this picture. I think it says it all.--

NRA Certified Instructor--many disciplines

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    You just cant go wrong with garys holsters . or any custom holster from reputable makers imho , unfortunatly due to my trade habits i seldom invest in quality leather lol .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Wow, great find on that OWB! Don't think I've ever seen one of those before but really a nice design. Curious what the cheetah was like too.

Seems to me the wax paper also adds just a smidge of lube (wax) to the leather while breaking it in too as it's works MUCH better than the traditional method of plastic bags.
    Jack

Quote Originally Posted by maclean3
    Wow, great find on that OWB! Don't think I've ever seen one of those before but really a nice design. Curious what the cheetah was like too.

Seems to me the wax paper also adds just a smidge of lube (wax) to the leather while breaking it in too as it's works MUCH better than the traditional method of plastic bags.
    Jack
    I'll see if I can get some pics from that holster. My friend really likes it. He mentioned that if it had more of the FBI cant it would be perfect. I told him he should call Gary and see if he could make something custom for him or maybe modify the one he has.

Administrator
    $30.00 for a Brommeland holster. You DID get a steal of a deal.

Best make an offering to The Holster Gods as they were smiling on you.

Congrats - You got a great deal on a fine chunk of leather.

Great looking holster

Links