DeSantis Mini Slide

This is a discussion on DeSantis Mini Slide within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I've been shopping for a IWB holster for my M&P 9mm (full size/service model). However, after talking with a couple of guys at the store ...

Thread: DeSantis Mini Slide

DeSantis Mini Slide

I've been shopping for a IWB holster for my M&P 9mm (full size/service model). However, after talking with a couple of guys at the store that carry, they were telling me that a full sized pistol is going to be very uncomfortable in a IWB holster. They were telling me a high riding OWB holster will be more comfortable and all I'd have to do is wear a shirt out over...untucked.

I figure that's not a problem as I don't wear tucked shirts anyway and most of the shirts that I wear are collared, which tend to make a CCW easier to conceal. So, I purchased the DeSantis Mini Slide, wore it for 3 or so hours and have no complaints. I have to slide it to a 3 o'clock position while riding in a car, but it's easy to slide back to the 3:30 position when stepping out of the car and nobody's the wiser.

$49 was a good price for the quality I found in this holster. I made a slight adjustment in the retention screw and it has been a pleasure to wear.

Good hunting, Bowhunter57
    Beer Nuts: $1.49
    Deer Nuts: Still under a Buck.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Interesting. I've got a S&W 4566 that I'd love to carry, but holsters for it are hard to find (unless you want to spend $90+). I've been thinking high-ride pancake.
    Retired USAF E-8. Remember: You're being watched!
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    I carry a 5" 1911 and prefer IWB because of the barrel length. I use a Crossbreed Super Tuck and find it to be very comfortable. Dressed properly, there is nothing wrong with a slide type holster. You will probably wind up with the proverbial "holster box" full of the latest, greatest that weren't.

Links