First post- remodelling shoulder holster

This is a discussion on First post- remodelling shoulder holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello to all. I found this forum a few days ago while looking for some info on shoulder holsters. I liked what I saw and ...

Hello to all. I found this forum a few days ago while looking for some info on shoulder holsters. I liked what I saw and joined up. This is my first post, but strangely enough there's a similar post on here about modifying an X-15 type shoulder holster. This indicates to me that I'm not the only one who can't use the elastic. I tried to post in that thread, but something went wrong, so I'll try a new post. My project is a little different as I made a new harness and a dual magazine carrier.sscn1023_1.jpg My original holster was made for a S&W 29 with a 10.5" barrel. I cut the holster down to fit the Beretta 92, made a new harness and a dual mag carrier.The harness pictured is basically a test harness that's adjustable so I can get some measurements to use making a harness with wider shoulder straps. Even so, with the 3/4" straps the rig is not uncomfortable. The project was not too hard to do, the hard thing was making up a pattern for the mag carrier. Here's what it looks like so far. I hope to get the new harness made shortly, and I'll post back with my results.sscn1024_1.jpg

Nice job. Many years ago I did something similar with the X15. I fitted the leather X16 harness to it and used a weak side tie down from some other manufacturer. It made the holster a lot more comfortable.

Nice job - and welcome to the forum.
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

Links