Milt Sparks

This is a discussion on Milt Sparks within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I spent hours redialing Milt Sparks so that I can get an order in and NEVER got through. It was constantly busy. Now they have ...

Thread: Milt Sparks

Milt Sparks

I spent hours redialing Milt Sparks so that I can get an order in and NEVER got through. It was constantly busy. Now they have reached their quota and I have to wait until Sept, AAAAAHHHHH!!!!

I love my SS II for my G27 so much that I wanted to get one for my 23/19. I know that I could get one at Brownell's (that is where I got the one for my 27) but I don't want a brown one. I want the one that is dyed black.
    Attached Images
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

2. Remove Ads

Administrator
    M. Sparks holsters are always worth the wait. The demand always (obviously) outstrips the number of holsters they are able to produce in a month since they absolutely refuse to compromise on quality.

Also This May Help. You might want to try another approach as per the Milt Sparks FAQ page on their web site.

"I'm trying to call to place my order, but the phone is always busy. What can I do to get my order into the queue?"

First, we ask that you do not email us with a request to call you. We cannot honor that request for the same reason you are unable to get through on the phone. The phone literally rings the moment it is hung up from the previous customer!

The best way to assure that your order gets in before the monthly quota is filled is with a little preparation beforehand.

Do your research ahead of time.
    If you are unsure of your needs and need our advice, give us a call during the least busy time of the month (when we are not actively taking orders) instead of waiting till the time has come to actually call in to place your order (when the phone is slammed!).
    This will save us both a lot of time and make it easier for the next person to get through on the phone.
    As long as the customer knows what he/she wants in advance, it shouldn't take more than 5 minutes for us to record the order.

Once you think you know what you want and before we open up the following month to new orders, print a copy of our order form and fill it out completely.
    Print it and fill it out, even if you plan on calling it in as it will save time and give you a temporary record of your order that you can relate to. We will follow up by mailing you an official order acknowledgement once we get the order entered into our database.
    Include ALL the pertinent information asked for on the form and please give some thought as to the minutia of the order, including and not limited to such things as your color preference (black, tan or cordovan), belt width, belt length etc., etc.
    We cannot make those determinations for you so it's imperative for you to have made all those decisions before actually calling in to place your order.

Once you have the order form filled out completely, you can then either call it in once the queue opens up, or you can mail it.

If you decide to mail it, I would really suggest using one of the available expedited air letter services such as FedEx, UPS or Express mail to guarantee placement in that months queue.
    Next Day Air and 2nd Day Air Letter are quite reliable and will GUARANTEE delivery within their respective time frames.
    Those services can be somewhat expensive and you'll have to decide if the service is more cost effective than sitting by a phone waiting for our phone line to open up.
    Expedited air letter services will also allow you to track delivery of the letter so you will know exactly when it is delivered.
    As mentioned above, we will only guarantee your placement in that months queue as long as we receive the Air Letter/order within the first 3 business days that we open the month up to new orders! After the third business day, I cannot guarantee placement unless we are still open to accepting new orders for that month.
    It is unlikely that most months will fill up in 2 or 3 days, but it has happened (April of 09, the order quota was filled in 2 days).
    So if you are going to go through the expense of Next Day Air Lettering us an order, please don't wait till the last day to send it.

Sending your order form to us via USPS ground mail is inexpensive (the price of a stamp), but will not guarantee you a slot in that months queue should it arrive late due to the unreliable nature of ground delivery.

Please do not air letter an order destined to arrive earlier than the date we are actively accepting orders.
    The air letter option gives you a guaranteed date of delivery, so there is no reason for you to schedule it to arrive early.

Mailed in orders that arrive after the order quota has been filled, may be carried over to the next months order queue providing the order arrives no later than 5 business days after the queue has closed for that month.
    Mailed in orders that are received after that date (along with accompanying check if any) will be returned to the sender without processing.

It is very important to keep your eye out for the order acknowledgement/confirmation that we send you with each order. That is your proof that the order had actually made it to us.

For security reasons as it pertains to submitting credit card information, we do not accept orders via email. Sorry.

Answers to other frequently asked questions related to Sparks fine leather holsters may be found here on the Milt Sparks web site.
    http://www.miltsparks.com/

Thanks QKShooter. I'll give that a try.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    Click the Lightning Arms Sports banner above. I bought a VMII over the phone from them a few years ago and it arrived a few days later. No fuss, no muss.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Buy it from Brownells and take it to a shoe shop to have it dyed black.

Sponsor
    damn, here is another example of Great customer support from a board sponsor. I've been waiting patiently for my Feb. order of my VM-2 (3rd one) to be built. I was ready with my info and started calling 5 minutes before they opened the moment they opened the order process. I was one of the lucky ones.

Guy

www.TigerHolsterSystems.com www.TigerRacingProducts.com
    Tiger Holster Systems
    Peace of Mind at Arms Reach

Quote Originally Posted by druryj View Post
    Buy it from Brownells and take it to a shoe shop to have it dyed black.
    I was going to do that with the one that I have for my 27. But I heard that the leather used on the mouth won't take the dye well. I don't want to mess up a $100 holster. I put black loops on the one that I have, but I wanted to get all black from MS for my 23/19.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

I don't think you'll have much luck having it re-dyed. The acrylic sealer would need to be stripped off first, and I have a feeling you'd end up with a big ol' mess on your hands.

-Adam
    Overland Gunleather
    http://overlandgunleather.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jeepin76 View Post
    I don't think you'll have much luck having it re-dyed. The acrylic sealer would need to be stripped off first, and I have a feeling you'd end up with a big ol' mess on your hands.

-Adam
    Thanks. That is why I did not do it. I'll just try to get my order in w/ MS.
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Go to TT Gunleather and I'll bet you don't get a busy signal.
    I love my Milt Sparks holsters too but I won't put up with that monthly call to get on a list crap!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    Click the Lightning Arms Sports banner above. I bought a VMII over the phone from them a few years ago and it arrived a few days later. No fuss, no muss.
    Unfortunately, Lightning Arms is no longer a dealer for Milt Sparks. They do, however, have a lot of Sparks holsters on their closeout section as they get rid of current inventory.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky dangerous animals and you know it. Fifteen hundred years ago everybody knew the Earth was the center of the universe. Five hundred years ago, everybody knew the Earth was flat... Imagine what you'll know tomorrow."

Links