Two New Carry Positions

Two New Carry Positions

This is a discussion on Two New Carry Positions within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have been carrying for quite a while mostly 1911 IWB 3-4 o'clock and my P32 BUG in my Pocket. I have a Taurus 85 ...

Thread: Two New Carry Positions

Two New Carry Positions

I have been carrying for quite a while mostly 1911 IWB 3-4 o'clock and my P32 BUG in my Pocket. I have a Taurus 85 which is very versitile and that is why I got it, so I could carry it IWB or pocket.

Well needless to say it is hot and I have weeks where I am sitting and driving alot and I usually wear a tucked in polo shirt with cargo pants. I tried the belly band thing once and nearly suffercated . So a while back I cut it down to fit my ankle and reaffixed the velcro and had a ankle holster. It was thin but man did it hurt the side of the shin and bend in the foot . I roughed it for a few days and really like the carry position and the snubbie fits perfect right there so I bought and Uncle mike rig with the cam velcro strap, calf strap and snap retention for the revolver and it has been great, It is a fine holster and now I have my eye on a Don Hume ankle rig I may save up for, I am not one to spend money on accessories unless I just can't find something which works. I amm very pleased with ankle carry in certain situations. Now my dilema is should I carry the third gun?!?

Unexpectedly last night I discover the flexibility of appendix carry. I was going to the skeet range and really don't like IWB normal position because of my shooting vest and all so I slipped my Jframe in its IWB holster at the appendix and presto it worked great, add speedloader and speed strip and off we go, kept it there for today to... never thought I'd like it but it is a good alternative...

You can always learn some new things and without this place I may never have tried it nor would I be as well informed, thanks to all!

Congrats on the new discovery. Appendix carry is one of the only two positions I use. An S&W 642 goes there and a G23 gets carried SOB, both with a ClipDraw. Before acquiring the 642 I appendix carried my G23 with a minor annoyance here and there but the 642 absolutely disappears.

I appendix carry 90% of the time...it just seems to be the best all around position for me. Works great with snubs and sub-compact pistols.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Links