Crossbreed ST replacement clips

This is a discussion on Crossbreed ST replacement clips within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Finally snapped one of the kydex cliips on my ST. I need to replace it but I am not wild about the design/cut out on ...

Thread: Crossbreed ST replacement clips

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar

Finally snapped one of the kydex cliips on my ST. I need to replace it but I am not wild about the design/cut out on the metal clips. Has anyone used the CTAC clips? The width is less and they do have color options. I welcome any and all suggestions.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

Quote Originally Posted by kapnketel View Post
    Finally snapped one of the kydex cliips on my ST. I need to replace it but I am not wild about the design/cut out on the metal clips. Has anyone used the CTAC clips? The width is less and they do have color options. I welcome any and all suggestions.
    The newer ST clips have the cross stamped in them not cut out
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Call them and let them know the clips failed. They seems to be a very stand up company.

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    I bought extra J-clips and steel clips a while back.

CB is a great company & Mark is a stand-up guy. But I figured if you CC as much as I do and you're as hard on equipment as I am, it just makes sense to be prepared.

btw; I wear a J-clip in front and the steel clip in back. I've found I like this combination over "two" of the same.

I broke one on one of my Supertucks and called to get either an original plastic one OR a metal one without the logo stamped into it - neither were available or were going to be available. If you search you can find various replacement clips, but I just cannibalized a clip from a SuperTuck whose pistol I don't EDC anymore.

They expressed no interest in providing clips without their logo stamped on it; I expressed no interest in ever buying another holster from them which bears their advertising on what is intended to be an inconspicuous product.
    Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side.

Distinguished Member Array kapnketel's Avatar
    Went with the CTAC standard clips. We will see, should fit.
    I'd rather be lucky than good any day

There's nothing that will change someone's moral outlook quicker than cash in large sums.

Majority rule only works if you're also considering individual rights. Because you can't have five wolves and one sheep voting on what to have for supper.

I broke one of the kydex clips about a month ago on my PT111 holster. I had been meaning to order a new CB for my SP101, so when I placed my order for the SP101, I asked them if they would put in a new set for the older holster. The guy asked if I wanted the new clips shipped right away, and I said no, just put it in with the new order and save some shipping. 3 weeks later I guess and the new holster with the new clips arrived.

I am a happy camper. Switched out the old bad clips for the new ones and get to break in a new holster. I don't guess I have much paid attention to whether or not one can see the actual clips to be bothered by the small cross that is stamped into the new ones. They do seem like they will hold up better and be less prone to snagging on stuff than the old kydex design.

Alienboogy, one question. How do you wear the CB Supertuck without blousing your shirt a bit when tucked so that it doesn't look like you have a growth where the gun/holster are? If you don't blouse, I would be curious to see how it works, if you do blouse how much of the clips are actually visible?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Sponsored Links