lookin for a holster for my S&W 457

This is a discussion on lookin for a holster for my S&W 457 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; i love this gun, but it seems to be the redheaded stepchild of the smith line. im lookin for something i can OC and CC. ...

Thread: lookin for a holster for my S&W 457

lookin for a holster for my S&W 457

i love this gun, but it seems to be the redheaded stepchild of the smith line. im lookin for something i can OC and CC. im left handed, so an ambidexterous would be nice. maybe a paddle-type with beltloops? i cant find any specificaly for the 457, so would another holster fit it?
    MC3 (SW) Hall

2. Remove Ads

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    I'm a big fan of the S&W semis and have a large collection of them but when it comes to finding holsters it can be a royal P.I.T.A. Kramer does make rigs specifically for the 457 including an IWB, OWB and the MSP Paddle. Years ago I spoke to my good friend Lou Alessi about the S&W semis and his response was the S&W was essentially coming out with a "model of the week" and there was no way he could have dummy guns for all of them with the exception if the most popular models. If you can find a holster for another S&W model that is the same barrel length there is a good chance it will fit as most of them interchanged. For example a rig made for the 4566 would fit the 4006, 4555, or any other S&W semi in 40s&w or 45acp that had the same barrel length. Some rigs for the Beretta 92 series also fit the Smiths. Good luck on your search as I stated previously Kramer can make one for your gun and also Skip Ritchie of Ritchie Holsters who was Lou Alessi's partner I would highlly recommend. Skips's wait time is pretty low now and his prices are much better than Kramers (as is the quality IMO).

The S&W 457 is on Fist's gun list... http://www.fist-inc.com/holsters/Default.htm
    There is a lot to choose from there.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

i was looking at black hawk. any comments/criticism on those? a local shop said they would order one to fit my pistol, but they never did. so it leads me to believe blackhawk has one to fit.
    MC3 (SW) Hall

Check out Ebay. was on there yesterday and saw some holsters(name brand-not one size fits all) for a 457-not sure about the type or which hand. I buy a lot of other peoples "mistakes" there.

We have a Left Hand OWB Minuteman Leather belt holster in stock to fit your S&W 457.

Distinguished Member Array Jason Storm's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by nickhallnavy View Post
    i love this gun, but it seems to be the redheaded stepchild of the smith line. im lookin for something i can OC and CC. im left handed, so an ambidexterous would be nice. maybe a paddle-type with beltloops? i cant find any specificaly for the 457, so would another holster fit it?
    You have one too like I do? Cool. Bought it in 1996, 2 yrs. after I first enlisted in the Navy. Still in it and I am a CTT1(SW) with almost 15 yrs. now and plan to re-enlist next week. I always carry my 457 when the summer seasons start. These are the holsters I use for it:
    Blackhawk fannypack holster
    Bianchi OWB belt holster
    Cell Pal inside the pants holster (although not as acessable than the others here, much more improved accessability, since I bought a newer model too)
    Coronado leather concealment vest with holster inside the inner pockets
    Kingston car seat holster from Desantis
    plannerbook holster (for temporary/discreet car storage only)

i like the bianchi one. what model will fit a 457?
    MC3 (SW) Hall

Links