MTAC Clip Choice

MTAC Clip Choice

This is a discussion on MTAC Clip Choice within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thinking seriously about purchasing a Minotaur MTAC Holster, but not sure which clip option would be best . . . the Standard Clip or the ...

MTAC Clip Choice

Thinking seriously about purchasing a Minotaur MTAC Holster, but not sure which clip option would be best . . . the Standard Clip or the C Clip. Any suggestions from current MTAC users?

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    I have worn my MTac for the past couple years with the standard clips. They have served me well so far. It originally came with the old J clips and I replaced them with the new thin black standard clips a couple years ago.

Personally I like standard clips because I can get dressed, put my belt on, unbuckle and slip the whole carry package into my waistband then buckle back up and not have to fiddle with threading the belt through the C-clips.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

Alrighty, I'll chime in here.......

I've owned a CTAC and an MTAC for nearly three years. Most of that time has been with the standard clips. Comp-Tac now offers various clips in diffrent colors to match your belt color and their thinner. I feel the standard clips are the best all-around choice.

Now, it also depends on how you'll be carrying most of the time as well. I keep a C-clip on the forward end of my CTAC for a little 'extra' concelment when I tuck my shirt in....i.e., 'dressing up' a bit. The MTAC has the standard clips. I use the MTAC as my primary concealment holster, so it gets a workout.

My suggestion/opinion......go with the standard. They offer the most support/stablity.

Those clips just arn't noticed by most and those that do see 'em don't know what their for anyway. For the last week I've been in and out of hospitals, ER's, a hospice facility, restruants, and a funeral home..(yes, I was legal, I double checked)...Father-in-law got gravely ill and passed (that's another thread). Anywho, I was carrying 100% of the time, either under a cover shirt or with a tucked in (exposing the clips) button down. NOBODY noticed or paid attention. Not any staff, no LEO's (they were always around in the hospitals), not hospital security, nurses, my family.....NOBODY. So unless your going to be in a 'intimate' enviroment most of your time, go with the standard.
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I've been happy with the STANDARD clips. Easy on and of the belt. Never had a problem with the clips coming off the belt when I did not want them to. I do not tuck, so no opinion there.

My MTAC came with the Standard clips and the V (velcro) clips. I have not used the C-clips but have been quite happy with the Standard (or reverse J-) clips.

If you are considering going totally stealth (velcro) scan thru this thread for an as yet unresolved issue.

Thanks to all for the input and comments.

I bought my C-Tac with the C-Clips. The only problem with them, is that if you have a good thick belt (I use a comp-tac belt), then you will have to thread the belt into the C-Clips. When I ordered my M-Tac a few weeks ago, I ordered it with the regular clips, and an extra set of regular clips for my C-Tac. The regular ones are allot easier to work with, especially if you want to be able to take the holster on and off without having to unthread the belt. On the other hand, if you are not worried about the threading issue, I do think the C-Clips hold the belt better/are more secure than the regular clips.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

I'm using the velcro clips with one of their belts it works very well.

I do C-clips.
    If handguns cause crime, mine are deffective - Ted Nugent

Links