I decided to try the Crossbreed Supertuck (sort of an impulse buy)

This is a discussion on I decided to try the Crossbreed Supertuck (sort of an impulse buy) within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Today I was going with my sister to grab some lunch and one of my favorite gun stores was nearby so while she was getting ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I decided to try the Crossbreed Supertuck (sort of an impulse buy)

Distinguished Member Array SubNine's Avatar

Today I was going with my sister to grab some lunch and one of my favorite gun stores was nearby so while she was getting us lunch I decided to go over and see what cool new stuff I could find. I was sort of looking for a sling for my 870 but they didn't have the kind I was looking for. I almost walked out after looking around but a line of holsters that I'd never seen before caught my eye. They had the Crossbreed Supertucks in stock! I have a good friend who carries his XD9 in one and swears by it and told him I'd try one someday. Well needless to say I coughed up the money for one and walked out with it feeling like a kid that just bought a crap load of candy from a candy store.

I must say this is indeed the most comfortable IWB holster I have ever tried. It is much wider than the MTAC which I don't really care for so the Crossbreed Supertuck distributes the weight a lot better. I am most pleased with this holster and the gun fits right into place. With the MTAC it takes me a little doing to get the gun in but not this holster.

Crossbreed Supertuck vs. MTAC - Supertuck wins hands down IMO!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

If you think it's comfortable now give it 2-3 weeks. Once the leather really starts to break in and mold it's self to your body it gets even better.
    -It is a seriously scary thought that there are subsets of American society that think being intellectual is a BAD thing...

Quote Originally Posted by Rollo View Post
    If you think it's comfortable now give it 2-3 weeks. Once the leather really starts to break in and mold it's self to your body it gets even better.
    +1 will never buy any other holster besides crossbreed, unless i decide to get one of those smartcarrys haha

Quote Originally Posted by USAFtrevor87 View Post
    +1 will never buy any other holster besides crossbreed, unless i decide to get one of those smartcarrys haha
    +1 more

Once you find your sweet spot wear it out in the heat all day and that thing will form right to you. I love mine paired with my PF-9....printing and discomfort are distant memories to me now. Took me few tries to find the right hole combination with the clips but its smooth sailing now.
    Carry on my friend~~

Smith & Wesson SW9VE
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15
    Kel-Tec PF9

Wore mine all day today on my motorcycle. It is normally very comfortable. However, today I wore in agains my skin above the waist and it was not a good idea to forgo wearing my customary T-shirt. Never again. Still, I love he holster and have no plans to replace it...... unless I buy that 1911 I am thinking about.
    Glock G22 .40 Cal.
    SA 1911 A-1 .45 ACP

I have had mine for a week now and can honestly say I will never use any brand other than Crossbreed for IWB ever again, it did take a couple tries to find the perfect position but now it is like butter.
    NRA Member
    Glock 23

I found the 4:30 position to be the sweet spot for me. It didn't take me long to find that spot because I have previous experience with the MTAC. Crossbreed wasn't kidding when it comes to the appearance of this holster, it is ugly but boy is it comfortable! Then again the gun I carry isn't exactly good looking either but I shoot it well and it works!
    USMC rule # 23 of gunfighting: Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

I am the God fearing, gun toting, flag waving conservative you were warned about!

Subnine... Did you get cowhide or horsehide? Was it combat cut? I'm thinking about ordering one, purchased first handgun last night, Ruger SR9c. Probably end up getting horsehide because we have hot summers in TN.

I have cowhide and no it's not combat cut. The store I bought it from had both but I always had a thing for black holsters.

Crossbreed is the way to go for IWB carry, oodles of threads here to echo that. apgov, I've got one in horsehide with the combat cut. It gets pretty hot and humid here in Kansas a lot. The horsehide has help up perfectly and the combat cut helps me get a good fast grip on the gun.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Do you guys wear undershirts? I don't wear undershirts and I'm thinking that the leather against bare skin may not be the most comfortable for hours on end, the CBST does have a very large foot print. Horse hide should be better that cow but still I don't see how the rough side against the skin could be very comfortable, but i could be wrong there is almost a cult following on those holsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero View Post
    Do you guys wear undershirts? I don't wear undershirts and I'm thinking that the leather against bare skin may not be the most comfortable for hours on end, the CBST does have a very large foot print. Horse hide should be better that cow but still I don't see how the rough side against the skin could be very comfortable, but i could be wrong there is almost a cult following on those holsters.
    The "rough" side on the ST is actually very smooth. When its cool out I don't wear the undershirt buy when its hot I do wear an undershirt for the sweat. The contact with the skin only bothers me in the heat.
    Carry on my friend~~

Smith & Wesson SW9VE
    Smith & Wesson M&P 15
    Kel-Tec PF9

I almost always wear an under shirt, usually a "wife beater" if I am carrying concealed in the summer. In the winter I'll often just tuck in my t-shirt and throw my jacket over everything, unless I plan on sitting down inside for an extended period of time, then I'll wear one of my usual cover garments under the jacket.

Congrat's on your new leather. I hear nothing but good things about their gear.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

"Wife beater" undershirt for me and my CBST.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links