Velcro Carry?

Velcro Carry?

This is a discussion on Velcro Carry? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I was wondering if there is anyone who uses the Comp-Tac V-Clip (velcro) for their IWB carry? I'm curious as to how well it ...

Thread: Velcro Carry?

Velcro Carry?

So I was wondering if there is anyone who uses the Comp-Tac V-Clip (velcro) for their IWB carry? I'm curious as to how well it holds up and how stable it would keep my C-TAC on a 1.5" gun belt (velcro stitched in of course).

Thanks

I offer them as an option on my Triskel holster and order the clips direct from Comp-Tac. They do hold up well, and I believe are the most discreet option you are going to find. The top of the clip looped over the waistband is the only part that can show, and that is hidden by the shirt bloused over it. I was sketpical at first but they do seem to stay put. It is tough to tell from Comp-Tacs photos, but the strip of velcro is looped or folded around the sides of the clip and stapled in place with heavy-duty staples. I was hoping it would have been sewn in place, securely bonded, or somehow molded into the kydex itself. This hasn't been an issue and is more an aesthetic thing on my part, but I just think it looks cheesy and could have been done better. On my In-Discreet holster, I make a kydex and velcro option and glue & sew the velcro directly to the kydex. Just think it looks better. I wouldn't offer the Comp-Tac ones as an option on my holsters if I hadn't extensively field-tested them myself and found them to work. Their standard clips work and stay put on a good belt also.
    "He who makes things with his hands is a laborer, he who makes things with his hands and his head is a craftsman, he who makes things with his hands, his head, and his heart is an artist."
    www.garritysgunleather.com

Sponsored Links