Sig P238 pocket holster

This is a discussion on Sig P238 pocket holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Was bored today, so I made a holster for my Sig P238 and PPK. I was reading a post by another member this morning about ...

Thread: Sig P238 pocket holster

Sig P238 pocket holster

Was bored today, so I made a holster for my Sig P238 and PPK.

I was reading a post by another member this morning about his new wallet style pocket holster. It was cool and I wanted one for my Sig. I checked out the site, but didn't see one for the Sig P238. I looked at it closely and thought I might be able to make something similar and useable until I can find one to pickup. Here's what I came up with and it seems to work pretty well. I don't know how long it'll hold up, but that's something I intend to find out.

To all the holster makers out there. Your craft is safe from me. Stitching sux!

GBK

And it fits the PPK pretty good too.
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove Ads

Looks like that'll work for ya'...nice try with nice results, much better than I could do, in fact, I wouldn't even attempt it.
    Enjoy!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    Looks good actually, and I like the way you used the leather to protect the safety. Good design.

No one is going to care about the stitching. Its in your pocket, not OWB OC for the world to admire.

Nice! What type of leather did you use?
    The more good folks carry guns, the fewer shots the crazies can get off.
    www.armedcitizensnetwork.org - member
    Glock 30, 19, 26; Ruger SP101, LCR, LCP (2), Mini 14; Remington 870; Marlin 336 .30-30
    CT Lasers

That looks cool, thanks for the idea. Found one for your sig also. http://pocketholsters.com/Sig_P238_P..._holster_.html ya saved 50 beans.

Hers another one half the price http://www.concealmentconceptsholste...t_holster.html

Thanks guys! I appreciate the comments.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Looks like that'll work for ya'...nice try with nice results, much better than I could do, in fact, I wouldn't even attempt it.
    Enjoy!
    Thanks retsup99, just sitting around the house under the weather can be productive sometimes I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Hopyard View Post
    Looks good actually, and I like the way you used the leather to protect the safety. Good design.

No one is going to care about the stitching. Its in your pocket, not OWB OC for the world to admire.
    Thanks, I couldn't find one that actually came up high enough to cover the safety, and for pocket carry that was must have IMB.

Quote Originally Posted by 10thmtn View Post
    Nice! What type of leather did you use?
    I'm not sure. it was some thin stuff I found at the Tandy Leather store a while back. It's about 1/16" thick and just seemed perfect for the job..

Quote Originally Posted by rson63 View Post
    That looks cool, thanks for the idea. Found one for your sig also. http://pocketholsters.com/Sig_P238_P..._holster_.html ya saved 50 beans.

Hers another one half the price http://www.concealmentconceptsholste...t_holster.html
    Thanks for the links. I checked out the Guru one before I decided to make mine. I liked it, but it doesn't cover the safety, and for pocket carry, that's something I had to have. I pretty much copied the design from a couple of others, but modified the length to fit my needs.

Thanks again folks.

GBK
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." Thomas Jefferson

Links