Will a CBST really solve my carry problem?

This is a discussion on Will a CBST really solve my carry problem? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I have a friend who carries a full size HK USP45 in a super tuck and loves it. He raves about how comfortable it is. ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will a CBST really solve my carry problem?

I have a friend who carries a full size HK USP45 in a super tuck and loves it. He raves about how comfortable it is. He carries in the small of back position with just a t-shirt most of the time and I have a hard time spotting the gun.

2. Remove Ads

I have four CBST holsters for guns like G29, G32, BT380, and PT-145. All worked well, but a gun belt definately improved the sagging thing. I like the CBST holster because:
    they distribute the weight well
    the leather backing is very comfortable once broken in
    I prefer tuckable holsters because of my wardrobe
    they hold up quite well
    they are adjustable for cant which can help hide the butt of larger guns.

Just for giggles I placed a new 1911 in one of the holsters to see how the weight would feel and if my pants would sag under the weight. I could tell that the 1911 weighed more than the G32, but honestly it was not a problem. The gun was a full size 1911 and I was amazed that the cant I have on the holster allowed me to completely hide the the pistol.

All the above said, my neighbor tried one of mine and could not make it work for him. Live someone already said, holsters can be a very personal item to buy. I recommend that you order one and see how it goes. If you don't like it you're only out a few bucks to ship it back.

SwatMedic338:

If you are having problems with your EDC your holster could, indeed, be the problem. I have heard nothing but good things about the CB. But like an earlier poster mentioned - take a look at your "gun belt". It make no difference, what you carry - you have to have a stable platform for all day carry.

Good luck in your quest & stay safe.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

Distinguished Member Array tcox4freedom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SwatMedic338 View Post
    Thanks for the replies. You've all given me some items to consider. My current holster is a Wild Bills IWB leather holster with exterior snaps. I have one for my Bersa Thunder with a single clip and it's a great holster. The one for the Storm isnt cutting it. Do any retailers sell the cross breed? That would give me a chance to try one out. I've looked at UBG holsters as well and am considering one of those along with the supertuck.

I just want to find something that will allow me to comfortably carry my Storm. I didnt think it would be this much of an issue but i want it to be my EDC and so far, it aint happening.
    I bought a "Wild Bills" IWB last year at a gun show; because I thought I would like the all leather holster. It was comfortable for a day or two; but it just can't compare to the comfort of a "Supertuck".

The one thing I did not see in your post was the type of belt you use. IMO; a good "gun" belt is every bit as important as the holster you choose. (Both, Wild Bill's & Crossbreed make excellent gunbelts.)

BTW; I have three "ST's". Whether I carry my fullsize XDM, my compact 24/7 Pro 45 or my Bersa 380, a "Supertuck" has proven itself in "quality" and "comfort".

Besides; Crossbreed has a "try-it" for two weeks "satisfaction" guarantee; and a "Lifetime" warranty on the holster itself.

From the replies it sounds like I have to at least give the ST a try even if there wasn't a warranty. I appreciate the replies and will let you guys know how I make out.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I have a SuperTuck but I never wear it anymore. I find it to be a bit of a "production" to put on. The comfort is okay, though. The last few holsters I've bought have been the High Noon clip types.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I have a SuperTuck but I never wear it anymore. I find it to be a bit of a "production" to put on. The comfort is okay, though. The last few holsters I've bought have been the High Noon clip types.
    I did too; at first.

What seems to work for me is using a "J" Clip in the front and a steel clip in the back. I can get my "ST" on or off in a couple of seconds.

I'm thinking of trying the ST, but I haven't heard much about using it for appendix carry. Would I be able to use this holster to carry at the 11 to 1 o'clock position? I'm right handed if it matters. Most people seem to use it between 4 and 6. Thanks.

I realize the reviews are pretty amazing for the Crossbreed Super Tuck but before I drop the cash for one I wanted to address my specific issue.

I am using a name brand IWB for my Beretta Storm 9mm. The gun is full size and pretty big. With 18 rounds in it, the gun is heavy and my current holster makes it uncomfortable to carry. No body shield so the butt of the gun digs into my side sometimes and it rides kind of high so it prints easily against my shirts.

Will the ST solve these issues? Anyone carry the PX4 Storm with a supertuck?

I'd really like to hear some gun specific stories as they relate to the problems I am having. I've received great advice in the past from this forum so I look forward to any and all replies!
    The Supertuck allows adjustments for cant and height. You won't be disappointed.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

Quote Originally Posted by Deuce130 View Post
    I'm thinking of trying the ST, but I haven't heard much about using it for appendix carry. Would I be able to use this holster to carry at the 11 to 1 o'clock position? I'm right handed if it matters. Most people seem to use it between 4 and 6. Thanks.
    There's a forward cant on it. It is not recommended to carry in the appendix or 2:00 position.
    NRA, Lifetime Member

I think you might be better with another holster for "appendix" carry. However, I have worn my "Supertuck" at the 2 o'clock without any problems; other than "bending" over being uncomfortable.

(You may want to look at the Crossbreed "Quikclip". It's the one I would consider "if" I carried AIWB.)

I wouldn't recommend the SuperTuck for appendix carry. Neither does CrossBreed. Check out their web site. What gun do you need it for?

Will a CBST really solve my carry problem?
    Probably, but as mentioned, don't forget a good gun belt! CrossBreed makes a fine belt as well. My everyday "go to" belt is a 5-stitch wilderness instructor belt. Before finding my perfect gun/hoster/belt combo, things were a mess - akward, uncomfortable, printing, etc... But finally I ended up with an EDC of Sig Sauer P228/CrossBreed SuperTuck Deluxe Horsehide/Wilderness 5-stitch Belt and I couldn't be happier. Once you get the right cant, carry postion and depth worked out for your gun/body type/taste and get the CBST broken in, it conforms (melts) to your body and you cannot tell you're wearing it. I made two 7 hour road trips and drove both without any comfort issues. I work 8-10 hours a day with it on without any problems. And if I get a Sunday afternoon nap on the couch, I've got it on then too. I hope you find what works for you as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I'll admit that I do have to unbutton my pants and loosen my belt to get it on or off but I carry all day, everyday so the "production" you speak of happens first thing in the morning (when I haven't even gotten dressed yet) and in the evening before showering when I am getting undressed anyway. It's not an "easy on - easy off" holster but if you are a full time CC'er it's one of the most comfortable to put on and leave on all day. Had it on during a three hour dental procedure today.

You can easily take it off with the regular clips by pulling up on them with both hands and your pants/belt still done up. Putting it on, however, does take a bit more time and undoing of pants/belt. It is definitely the most comfortable holster I've ever worn. Buy it. You won't regret it.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links