Holster Break-in Time?

Holster Break-in Time?

This is a discussion on Holster Break-in Time? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Approximately how long does it take to break-in a new Crossbreed ST or a C-TAC MTAC?...

Thread: Holster Break-in Time?

Holster Break-in Time?

Approximately how long does it take to break-in a new Crossbreed ST or a C-TAC MTAC?

Anywhere from three days to a week....I wore mine without the weapon in it for three days, two more with the weapon in....second nature now....comfortable...

If you want to shorten the break in time for a holster that requires it, go out and mow the lawn with it on. Then go load and unload a couple of hundred bales of hay.
    What is your break in issue? If it is rough out leather against the skin you might have start wearing an undershirt. If the holster is too tight for the gun you might have to put the gun in a plastic bag and holster it over night. If the holster does not confirm to your expedtaions you might have to move on.
    I have not been able to get onboard with the "hybred" leather/kydex holster setup. My issues have been that I carry primarily for farm use with self defense being secondary. I can not reholster as easily with a hybred type holster. I draw and shoot 3 or 4 times a week. When baleing hay I might fire 40 or 50 rounds in day shooting at vermin and varmits., so being able to reholster on the move is very important to me. Your issues will be different. Figure out what your real issues are and what it will take to solve them.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I've never had a leather holster take more than a few days (300-500 draws/re-holsters) to break in. Wearing it around the house and yard between draws helps, too.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

You can also wrap the gun in a plastic bag and put the gun in the holster for a few hours. It will loosen up rather quickly.

Old indian trick, if your weapon is too tight in the holster, cut another piece of leather to fit inside the holster and insert your weapon on top of that, it will allow the holster to adjust itself and give you a bit looser fit. I just did that with a nice Don Hume holster I bought, worked perfectly. No need to wet it even.

broke in my supertuck with leather conditioner and wore it while I waited for permit. About a week or so to make it butter soft and molded to my carry position.

Sponsored Links