What do you think about Minotaur MTAC Holster?

This is a discussion on What do you think about Minotaur MTAC Holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I currently carry a Glock 23 in a Comptac CTAC Holster and think it works very well. I am looking at purchasing either a Glock ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I currently carry a Glock 23 in a Comptac CTAC Holster and think it works very well. I am looking at purchasing either a Glock 27 or 36 and will need a IWB holster for it. If you have used an MTAC what do you think about it? Do you know how the MTAC and CTAC Holster compare? Thanks in advance for your reply.

Senior Moderator
    Very similar in the draw, but the MTAC is more comfortable, IMHO.
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Have one for my G-19, super comfortable. It's a very well thought out and designed holster IMO.

Distinguished Member Array Tally XD's Avatar
    Is the only holster I own for daily carry.
    I am consistently on record and will continue to be on record as opposing concealed carry.
    - Barack Obama Chicago Tribune, April 27, 2004

I got the CTAC many, many moons ago for my G23. Love it! Soon after though, Comp-Tac offered a new holster, the MTAC. That leather back looked considerably more comfortable than that kydex. I got it. It's been my primary concealment holster ever sense. I still use my CTAC but the MTAC has my favor.

An MTAC will do ya good!
    "Just getting a concealed carry permit means you haven't commited a crime yet. CCP holders commit crimes." Daniel Vice, senior attorney for the Brady Campaign to Prevent Gun Violence, quoted on Fox & Friends, 8 Jul, 2008

(Sometimes) "a fight avioded is a fight won." ... claude clay

I have a MTAC and find it extremely comfy. Comptac service is great as well and if you have a problem, they are quick to help.
    Phillipians 4:13
    Go Gators/Wildcats!!
    Glock Cert. Armorer

Comp Tac Minotaur holster? Good holster IMO. Well built, well engineered. Thing is, it's not for everyone. I've had a go at it, and quite frankly (and as others have stated previously in other threads)....kind of like packing a frisbee into my pants. I tried to work with it for my G23 and my P220. Sold my G19 shell to a forum member, and sold the holster for P220 on EBay. We're all different, and sometimes a good review is only good for those whom are similarly aligned. It is what it is. We must all find our own way despite what's given us in reference.

I use the MTAC slide to carry my Glock 26 and I love it. Very comfortable and conceals very well. The company was great and they even sent me sweet tarts with my holster!
    The only time you can have too much ammo is in water or in fire

Quote Originally Posted by Glock Block View Post
    I use the MTAC slide to carry my Glock 26 and I love it. Very comfortable and conceals very well. The company was great and they even sent me sweet tarts with my holster!
    They send everyone sweet tarts with the holster. I'd say customer support is excellent. Just picturing the girl behind the desk. LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    They send everyone sweet tarts with the holster. I'd say customer support is excellent. Just picturing the girl behind the desk. LOL!
    Aww man, I thought I was special!!!! I gave them a call asking a question for a friend who was also going to order a IWB and they treated me very well. I highly recommend the holster to anyone looking to CCW for the first time as it was my first one with my Glock 26. I wish I could get referral fees from them!
    The only time you can have too much ammo is in water or in fire

If you get an MTAC for your G27, you ought to get the slide version. The slide version will allow you to carry all the Glock .40s or 9mm from full size to sub-compact. You can get more use out of the holster that way.
    GeorgiaCarry.org
    GPDO SAF NRA
    Let Not My Last Thought Be, If Only I Had My Gun.

Love my MTAC!!
    One Riot, One Ranger. Long live the Republic of Texas.

JOIN THE NRA AND DO IT TODAY!!

I have a MTAC for my m&p 40c and its a good holster. I did have to take the shell off the backing and shave some plastic off the one corner cause it was poking me in the hip. I'm not a real fan of their kydex belt clips I wish they had an option for steel clips (which AFAIK the Supertuck has). I have had problems a couple of times when dropping my drawers in the bathroom the top of my pants roll out a little and the clips flex enough for the holster to unhook. Fortunately that has only happened at home and the gun has stayed in the holster.
    We the willing, being guided by the unknowing, Doing impossible feats, for the ungrateful, Have been doing so much with so little for so long,
    We now feel qualified to do, absolutely anything, with literally nothing

Quote Originally Posted by wilbmeister View Post
    I currently carry a Glock 23 in a Comptac CTAC Holster and think it works very well. I am looking at purchasing either a Glock 27 or 36 and will need a IWB holster for it. If you have used an MTAC what do you think about it? Do you know how the MTAC and CTAC Holster compare? Thanks in advance for your reply.
    I have both. The C-Tac is thinner overall, so if that's an issue go with the C-Tac. If you don't mind a little more thickness, the M-Tac is more comfortable. After you break it in, the M-Tac is also fine for one handed holstering (Mine was not when I first got it, which was an initial concern).
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Quote Originally Posted by jamierah View Post
    I have a MTAC for my m&p 40c and its a good holster. I did have to take the shell off the backing and shave some plastic off the one corner cause it was poking me in the hip. I'm not a real fan of their kydex belt clips I wish they had an option for steel clips (which AFAIK the Supertuck has). I have had problems a couple of times when dropping my drawers in the bathroom the top of my pants roll out a little and the clips flex enough for the holster to unhook. Fortunately that has only happened at home and the gun has stayed in the holster.
    If yuo don't have the C-Clips, you should try them. I have one of their belts, and I have to unthread it to get it off if I use the C-Clips. I personally prefer the regualr ones, but they are not as secure.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links