Laser Sight Holstering Problems

This is a discussion on Laser Sight Holstering Problems within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Y'all, I got a little fun money saved and you know I'm going to spend it on another gun. I'm looking for something smaller than ...

Y'all,
    I got a little fun money saved and you know I'm going to spend it on another gun. I'm looking for something smaller than my Sig 220 or 229 to put in the EDC rotation. I also want to put a laser sight on it. I'm leaning a bit more toward the CT sights but I am concerned about holstering with those. Has anyone found that they have problems with holstering with regards to the CT sights?

Quote Originally Posted by afcarpenter View Post
    Y'all,
    I got a little fun money saved and you know I'm going to spend it on another gun. I'm looking for something smaller that my Sig 220 or 229 to put in the EDC rotation. I also want to put a laser sight on it. I'm leaning a bit more toward the CT sights but I am concerned about holstering with those. Has anyone found that they have problems with holstering with regards to the CT sights?
    - What kind of holstering problems are you referring to? Are you referring to the holster activating the laser and draining the battery? If so, I have three guns (Kahr PM9, P380, Ruger LCP) with a CT LaserGuard and don't have an issue with any of my holsters (pocket, CrossBreed, OWB).

GMS
    Holster fit with added lasers is highly variable. A few personal examples. When the CT grips went on the M&P40c fit was fine with a CB supertuck, but I needed to modify the thumbbreak straps on a couple of High Noon OWB holsters. CT grips on a Kahr MK9 required a relief cut on the kydex portion of a CB supertuck. I still have not figured out a way to modify the Comp-Tac Infidel to fit the CT MK9.

If you are referring to the newer CT Laserguards that attach to the trigger guard and extend under the frame dust cover, then the holster will need to be made specifically to fit the combination.

Many custom holster makers and most of the larger companies are starting to state if the holster will fit with added CT lasers.

Since this will be a carry gun, I'd suggest finding a holster that will fit with the desired accessories prior to making the purchase.

Essentially what I mean is that since the CT's protrude from the side of the handgrip and that some holsters seem to make the pistol ride lower in the holster or at least cover a bit more of the trigger. Do y'all find that to be problematic?

I have a CT sight on my G-19 and it fits fine into a Larado Defender (OWB) holster.
    Samwolf

"One of the ordinary modes, by which tyrants accomplish their purposes without resistance, is, by disarming the people, and making it an offense to keep arms."

-- Supreme Court Justice Joseph Story, 1840

G30 and full size Kimber. Use CB ST and Serpa for both, No issues. The gun rides high enough in the holsters that it is not an issue with my gear anyway.

Links