Going to start on my first holster

This is a discussion on Going to start on my first holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; OK, after reading some of the post here I decided that I want to make my first holster. I have a design that I want ...

Thread: Going to start on my first holster

OK, after reading some of the post here I decided that I want to make my first holster. I have a design that I want to make that has a few features that I have not seen on any one else holster.
    I may make a speed strip pouch and speed loader pouch first to get some practice.
    When I carry the speed strip I either have to put it in the coin/watch pocket of my jeans or carry it in my pocket. If I pocket carry it I have to make sure to not put my keys in the same pocket. I don't like the idea of the keys digging up the ammo, or possible denting a case. Also if I ever had to do a speed reload I don't want to have to sort through everything in my pocket to find the speed strip.

here's somethnig simular to the pouch I want to make:
    sp-pouch.jpg

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Looks like a belt-worn sunglass case. If it works, it works.
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Quote Originally Posted by TedBeau View Post
    OK, after reading some of the post here I decided that I want to make my first holster. I have a design that I want to make that has a few features that I have not seen on any one else holster.
    I may make a speed strip pouch and speed loader pouch first to get some practice.
    When I carry the speed strip I either have to put it in the coin/watch pocket of my jeans or carry it in my pocket. If I pocket carry it I have to make sure to not put my keys in the same pocket. I don't like the idea of the keys digging up the ammo, or possible denting a case. Also if I ever had to do a speed reload I don't want to have to sort through everything in my pocket to find the speed strip.

here's somethnig simular to the pouch I want to make:
    sp-pouch.jpg
    Or you can have me make one
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Links