Cheaper alternative to "Blue Guns" or "Red Guns?"

This is a discussion on Cheaper alternative to "Blue Guns" or "Red Guns?" within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I still have the slight "itch" to implement my holster designs at some point. But in looking at the Blue Guns and Red Guns, I'm ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Cheaper alternative to "Blue Guns" or "Red Guns?"

I still have the slight "itch" to implement my holster designs at some point. But in looking at the Blue Guns and Red Guns, I'm not in a position to pay $45.00+ apiece for these.

When I attended the gun show over the weekend, I noticed that some holster vendors had training guns in silver and multi-colored. I should have asked them for a source.

Anybody know of a cheaper version?
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Toy guns are not to scale. Blue guns and Red guns are.

Quote Originally Posted by Pure Kustom View Post
    Toy guns are not to scale. Blue guns and Red guns are.
    I know. I asked this in a thread recently about Airsoft. But what I mean is, are there any accurate but cheaper ones out there? I don't care about the weight accuracy or any of that, just the mold.

-miklcolt45

No sorry, I am afraid Blueguns are your cheapest option.

Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD View Post
    I know. I asked this in a thread recently about Airsoft. But what I mean is, are there any accurate but cheaper ones out there? I don't care about the weight accuracy or any of that, just the mold.
    No there isn't.

You might try ordering direct from Blueguns, you might get a better price than going through one of the online dealers.

Thanks, guys. I would still be curious as to where those silver models came from on the holster racks.

-miklcolt45

Thanks, guys. I would still be curious as to where those silver models came from on the holster racks.
    China, like every other inferior cheap product.

kpw
    Like these? http://haugenhandgunleather.com/gall...erGunMolds.jpg

He says they are made from recycled transmission cases.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by kpw View Post
    Like these? http://haugenhandgunleather.com/gall...erGunMolds.jpg

He says they are made from recycled transmission cases.
    They look like Duncan guns.

Rocky,

The Silver guns you refer to are not made to spec's, in many cases. I have purchased Blue Guns from several Dist. over the years and it seems that no one really stocks them. They call the plant in FL and are shipped out , almost on a custom basis. So there is a waiting period.

I talked to the owner a few months back thinking about becoming a Dist. But as I recall you had to place an order for somewhere around $1500. I could be wrong on the $$ amount (hell, I can't remember which "red wine" I had with dinner last night).

But as I recall you could buy, from them, at $35 each, that is unless they have increased their prices, like everyone else. The cleapest is from a Dist in LA. But it was only a couple of bucks and then again, there was a wait.

But if you do order from the plant - make certain you give them the correct name of your business and your correct address (you have to match up these two exactly) . Otherwise, someone will be getting a bunch of Blue Guns and not knowing where they came from.

I understand, from someone, as you get older - you have a problem matching the two up correctly.

Just kidding - stay safe, my friend.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

It needs to be something that (ideally) will fit into your holster to allow drawing, reholstering. It needs to be something that won't break, during training of retention and disarming techniques. It should feel close to a real gun as possible, so that general handling emulates the actual gun as close as possible. Otherwise, you won't be able to train on the same range of skills. These requirements pretty much eliminate the use of cheap water pistols and the like, which won't fit into your holster, might break during retention/disarming training.

The only no-added-cost option I know of is to use your existing firearm for the purpose of training. Reality is, a couple hundred years' worth of training in military organizations around the world have relied upon the actual weapon as the training tool. Just make darned certain that no live ammo is anywhere near, during such use. Since it's a real run, you can even consider use of snap caps ... though, personally, that's getting a bit too close for my tastes. Something to consider, if spending cash isn't an option.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I misread the OP. I thought that Rocky was the "original poster" and just wanted to remind him that addresses and names of customers have to be exact (I mentioned this just a a joke).

But now I see that SpringerXD was the OP. The information still should be somewhat correct Springer. If there is a particular Blue Gun you are wanting to work with, let me know. I might have it and would be more than hapy to loan it to you.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by ccw9mm View Post
    It needs to be something that (ideally) will fit into your holster to allow drawing, reholstering. It needs to be something that won't break, during training of retention and disarming techniques. It should feel close to a real gun as possible, so that general handling emulates the actual gun as close as possible. Otherwise, you won't be able to train on the same range of skills. These requirements pretty much eliminate the use of cheap water pistols and the like, which won't fit into your holster, might break during retention/disarming training.

The only no-added-cost option I know of is to use your existing firearm for the purpose of training. Reality is, a couple hundred years' worth of training in military organizations around the world have relied upon the actual weapon as the training tool. Just make darned certain that no live ammo is anywhere near, during such use. Since it's a real run, you can even consider use of snap caps ... though, personally, that's getting a bit too close for my tastes. Something to consider, if spending cash isn't an option.
    They aren't talking about using the guns as training aids,they are talking about any cheaper alternatives to form holsters around,you can't mold a holster to an out of spec replica and ship it to somebody with a real gun and the gun will not fit,Unless you have a real gun on hand to make a holster from the red and blue guns are cheaper alternatives,but they don't have replicas for some guns
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    They aren't talking about using the guns as training aids,they are talking about any cheaper alternatives to form holsters around
    Quote Originally Posted by SpringerXD
    I still have the slight "itch" to implement my holster designs at some point.
    Ach. Missed this.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links