IWB Holster for Glock 19 - Page 2

IWB Holster for Glock 19

This is a discussion on IWB Holster for Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I live my M-Tac for IWB and Dale Fricke Archangel for AIWB, both carry my Glock 19....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I live my M-Tac for IWB and Dale Fricke Archangel for AIWB, both carry my Glock 19.
    Bob Mayne
    HandgunWorld Podcast
    www.handgunworld.com
    Suarez International Instructor

I use a Galco Royal Guard IWB holster, I like how easy it is to take on and off, it is comfortable, and conceals well.

I have a Mtac, Bladetech, Desantis Scorpion, and various other generic holsters for my Glock 19,23,27, and 21 my favorite is the minotaur.

Supertuck if you are looking for comfort at a relatively low price. Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro if you are looking for versatilty, comfort, and quality.

Quote Originally Posted by dbramhall View Post
    Thanks to everybody for your input. Regarding the Crossbreed Supertuck...Can somebody help me understand why there's so much extra material other than the actual holster? I was initially hesitant about this one when I 1st saw it for this reason.
    The extra "spread" of the leather is actually one of the factors that makes it so darn comfortable...it is the first IWB holster I have found in 35 years that doesn't feel like I have a rock stuck in my belt.
    Gun Control: The theory that a woman found dead in an alley, raped and strangled with her panty hose, is somehow morally superior to a woman explaining to police how her attacker got that fatal bullet wound.

-- L. Neil Smith

Quote Originally Posted by PaxMentis View Post
    The extra "spread" of the leather is actually one of the factors that makes it so darn comfortable...
    ^ + 1

The distance between the clips on the CBST distributes the weight out to where (with a good gun belt, of course) you don't even notice you're carrying even a heavy gun.

You can have a fine leather holster, without the fat. All excess has been evolved out of this one, leaving a holster of sheer function, that's elegant in its simplicity. There's more than meets the eye with a holster like this, and more contributing to both comfort and concealment, than just the widely spaced replaceable snap loops, though they're a great start.

Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

los
    WOW. Very Nice rig. It looks just like a Broomeland Max-Con V.

Here's the MCV I had for my G26.......

What we've got here is failure to communicate.

Quote Originally Posted by los View Post
    WOW. Very Nice rig. It looks just like a Broomeland Max-Con V...
    Yes, sir - that's because it IS just like a Brommeland Max Con V, in most regards. The holster in my photo is made exclusively for me by Mr. Brommeland, and is based on his superlative Max Con V design. As it is a variant of the Max Con V, following a little known variant called the Max Con VI, I call it Isotope 7, and it boasts all the functional advantage of the Max Con V, but features a more utilitarian aesthetic treatment, to help me keep the retail price a hair under $100. You might note a more matte appearance, and a reduction in some of the purely aesthetic aspects of boning, which has been done to shave some labor/time, without giving up any functionality whatsoever. Mr. Brommeland can't suppress his perfectionism, however, and the results have surpassed my specification. These holsters are beautiful, in spite of the plan to plain them down.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Rocketman Holsters; IWB.

GM
    The last holster a got is an Alessi MOB Talon; it is very slim and lightweight. I really love it.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Hello,
    I'm just looking to see if anybody out there has an input. I'm thinking about switching to IWB carry, and have been looking at several options (2 Kydex and 1 Leather)
    1. Alabama Holster: The Offside w/FBI Cant
    2. Blade-Tech: Ultimate Concealment Holster
    3. High Noon: Down Under w/Straps...6-8 Week ETA. Ouch!

I tried IWB very briefly before using a buddy's Galco rig (Ultimate 2nd Ammendment...I think)and wasn't a huge fan, but I think it's because my belt and pants weren't sized to accomodate.

Any suggestions, or other recomendations?
    Thanks
    This Down Under is in stock http://highnoonholsters.com/Product_...ps_black_.html

Justin

Quote Originally Posted by High Noon View Post
    Thanks Justin! I saw that, but why is it almost $100 more for black? Is turn Around time on the Slide Guard currently 10-12 weeks as posted?

Regarding the max con by Brommeland, I own one for my 19. Unfortunately it is not as comfortable as my crossbreed st 's. Im NOT saying it's not comfortable, just not as comfortable as the supertuck period. Now as far as looks go, max con bar none. I prefer the draw on the max con as well. Very smooth and great retention. Its a work of art and im sure there are many out there as well. But don't dismiss the supertuck for its lack of aesthetics . Its all about function and comfort. I bought one before and convinced myself it was not as comfortable as my max con cause naturally I would rather wear the max con and even returned it. Then bought one as a gift and had to try it again and soon realized the hype just wasn't hype. But, you would NOT go wrong with a max con either.
    CC:
    Glock 19 Gen 3 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Glock 26 Gen 4 in a Brommeland Max Con V
    Karh PM9 in a Isotope 7 (made by Gary Brommeland)
    Home Protection:
    Mossberg 500 and Kimber Custom II 1911.

Thanks Justin! I saw that, but why is it almost $100 more for black? Is turn Around time on the Slide Guard currently 10-12 weeks as posted?
    The black throws a monkey wrench into the production process for us.
    http://highnoonholsters.com/_Questio...tions.html#121

The Slide Guards are about 12 weeks but we have a christmas rush available, 5 to 7 days out of our shop. http://highnoonholsters.com/Rush_Ser...h_service.html

Justin

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links