IWB Holster for Glock 19

This is a discussion on IWB Holster for Glock 19 within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello, I'm just looking to see if anybody out there has an input. I'm thinking about switching to IWB carry, and have been looking at ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: IWB Holster for Glock 19

IWB Holster for Glock 19

Hello,
    I'm just looking to see if anybody out there has an input. I'm thinking about switching to IWB carry, and have been looking at several options (2 Kydex and 1 Leather)
    1. Alabama Holster: The Offside w/FBI Cant
    2. Blade-Tech: Ultimate Concealment Holster
    3. High Noon: Down Under w/Straps...6-8 Week ETA. Ouch!

I tried IWB very briefly before using a buddy's Galco rig (Ultimate 2nd Ammendment...I think)and wasn't a huge fan, but I think it's because my belt and pants weren't sized to accomodate.

Any suggestions, or other recomendations?
    Thanks

2. Remove Ads

I have the Blade-Tech and carry it in the Appendix carry positon. Get a pair of pants one size larger and a shirt one size larger and it is fine for Florida weather. It is now polite for men to wear shirts not tucked in.
    Praise the Lord my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle --- Psalm 144
    NRA Endowment Life
    There are NO Silver Medals for Street Combat
    Blue Thunder

Cool

I have two High Noon Public Secrets with clips for my G 23 and G 19. Usually an in stock item but they do not have the 15 degree cant . I carry appendix and like the verticle angle. Excellent quality.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Crossbreed Supertuck and Crossbreed belt, pants slightly bigger in waist. 1 to 2 weeks for just the holster 3 to 4 if you order a belt. 2 week like it or get your money back and lifetime warranty. Loads of satisfied customers. It's what my GLOCK 19 has been riding in for about 14 months-daily.
    NRA Life Member

With great power comes great responsibility.-Stan Lee

I have an Alabama Holster Co. hooker model for my G30 and love it.I'm toying with getting the offside.
    If you need more fwd cant,call and talk to Greg.He gave me 30 degrees for my G30 and the hooker I have coming for my 26 will have 20 degrees fwd cant.

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I think in the long run you might find the wait for a quality holster like UBG worth it. Granted the ST can be cranked out quickly by machine, but nothing beats the comfort and precision of a handcrafted holster. I'll put my Sparks, Brommeland, UBG or C6 against any piece of plastic.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

HBE COM III, what I carry for my G23, same size gun.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

The compact size Glocks might be a bit more to work with than the sub-compacts simply for reason of the size comparison. You have a bit more slide to consider. Cant of the holster, and position will pretty much tell you the modularity available to you and your attire, or body physics. Some holsters such as the open bottom (or muzzle) type will accommodate the various sizes of the mainstream Glocks 9mm, 357SIG, 40S&W, and the 45GAP. The closed muzzle end holsters, or semi closed will be built more for the specific size. Single clip holsters generally rely more on you (your position of carry, your physical characteristics, your dress, and your activities) to stabilize. Double loops or hooks take up more area (generally), and are not as modular for position. Kydex....leather....and the hybrids........really shouldn't matter as much as your ability to wear comfortably, draw from, and conceal well. Just like choice of caliber......you hit the target and are effective, then nothing else really matters (for the most part............subject we're not going into here). For many (those in CC only states), the ways of IWB carry might not be easily found. There's the cost of the holsters, then the trials and tribulations to follow. Basic mindset is to choose (to the best of your ability and with some good input) your gear wisely AND be willing to work with it 100%. All we can tell you here is what works for us basically, and possibly what to look into for yourself. Personally, I consider myself lucky in so many ways with IWB carry. I've never bought a holster that I don't have a purpose for or don't wear while carrying at some point throughout the year. I can't honestly say that for all of the pistols I've ever bought or had. Maybe I've become more refined with age, or my definitions of what's best for me and what works well. There's always the process of evolution in our methods and means. Be it a short process, or a lengthy one, we'll reach our goal so long as we persist in the search.
    Just a few short years ago, I found I could conceal the G19 just as well as my G27 with the same holster.....IWB in simple t-shirt and jeans. Open muzzle holster, hard kydex, double hook. I've even carried IWB exposed with it (open carry with an IWB holster...just tucked in the shirt). Since my Glocks are basically what I've chosen to work with, the gear will have to conform to them specifically, and to my body and the intended position for carry. Many of my holsters can be employed in different positions with different frame sizes.......and I'll be the first one to tell you that a $100+ holster might not be better for you than a $50 holster. I have very few "expensive" holsters in my lineup. Here's some of what I have for IWB and position. Google them and find out more.
    High Noon Holsters (forum supporter with excellent product and service)
    My wife carries one of their Bare Asset holsters with her G26. Strong side about 5 o'clock and she has a CTC LaserGrip on the G26.
    I have one of their Hidden Ally holsters I'll carry my G27 in it around 4 o'clock. Haven't tried the G19/23 in it...but it is an open muzzle holster.
    I have a Don Hume 715M that I've carried my G19 and G23 in strong side around 3 o'clock AND I've worn it appendix at 1 o'clock as well. The appendix carry with this holster and compact Glock starts to hurt me after about 4 hours with any kind of daily activity. It's not a soft as some leather or horsehide holsters. It's a straight drop with no cant, single clip (wide and similar to High Noon single clip)
    I have a DeSantis Scorpion holster (pure kydex...double hook..very solid, open muzzle, forward cant) that I can carry my G17, G19, G23, G27 in strong side about 3 o'clock. I've crawled around on the ground and changed engine oil on my vehicles while wearing this one with Glock inside. It's actually a rather quick on and off holster without removing the pistol.
    Then there is my Galco SkyOps #SKY226B that I use exclusively for my G19/G23. Open muzzle, but formed. Very comfortable sort of minimalist type holster with a cant with a solid belt hook system. I have work getting this off my 2" belt actually......putting it on is never any problem.
    I've also tried the Remora (pocket....#6 I think) holster for my G27 appendix carry. What I've been doing most of this summer.
    Anyhoo.....I can only hope some of this helps you on down the road or gets you there quicker than you might have on your own. Best of luck.

Thanks for your reply. I was also lookin at the Hooker. What position do you wear it at? I appreciate your help!

Galco Summer comfort, and Milt Sparks Summer Special great holsters.

Distinguished Member
    That Blade Tech looks nice because you can do a straight drop or canted. Actually I might order one of those now that you made me look at it, so thanks. I like the offset belt loop rather than adding more bulk over the gun.

The Summer Special style is good for me with the snap loops, as I tend to change clothes fairly often during the day and it snaps on and off without taking the belt off. Nuttin Fancy did a YouTube thing on the Galco Summer Comfort (sort of like the High Noon with straps), Google that if interested.

+1 on the super tuck
    Glock Driver

Another vote for the SuperTuck. I carry my Glock 19 in it, and it disappears. I often forget I'm wearing it. It's the fugliest holster out there, and, yes, you can get one in less than a month. I love the way its slender profile tugs the gun in close to my side.

If you want a fine, fat piece of leather that is the envy of your friends at the bar-b-que, give it a pass. If you want the most discreet IWB option you can get, buy the Crossbreed SuperTuck. I have three and my other holsters just sit in the holster box waiting for a special occasion.

Thanks to everybody for your input. Regarding the Crossbreed Supertuck...Can somebody help me understand why there's so much extra material other than the actual holster? I was initially hesitant about this one when I 1st saw it for this reason.

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    Unless you wear your pants loose already, you have to face the fact that an IWB will be tight without increasing pants size. Stick your hand inside your belt and it gets tighter--period.

I don't "love" any holster since they can't love you back. I have certain expectations of a holster (relative comfort, and gun security). Higher price doesn't guarantee either.

For my G30 I bought a "Pro Carry LT" IWB from the Holster Store. [www.theholsterstore.net] Costs about $45 (I think) with the sideguard shield, which comes oversized for the G30 but trims easily. The only regret I have is I didn't order it with a forward cant, but that was my fault (the hindsight thing). Quality is good, metal clip, it holds the gun in place, comfortable, and that's all I asked of it. Delivered in about 4 days. For me, it fits well at 3:30-4:00 position.

The "Pro Carry HD" version sits a bit higher if that's your preference. An upgraded and nicer version. Worth taking a peek at. You'll either like it or not.
    Retired USAF E-8. Avatar is OldVet from days long gone. Oh, to be young again.
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links