Detective special/bell charter holsters

This is a discussion on Detective special/bell charter holsters within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have any experience with Bell Charter Oak holsters? http://www.bellcharteroakholsters.com/ I need something to carry my colt detective special but I can't decide. what do ...

Thread: Detective special/bell charter holsters

Detective special/bell charter holsters

Anyone have any experience with Bell Charter Oak holsters? http://www.bellcharteroakholsters.com/

I need something to carry my colt detective special but I can't decide. what do you carry your detective in?
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

2. Remove Ads

ADkJoe;
    I've never heard of them but there website looks pretty good. I wonder if they cut their holsters by hand (round knife) or clicker ?

I like some of their styles.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

My DS is a snug fit in my Wild Bill's Pocket Packer that I bought for a J-frame. You could check with them to see if they list a size specifically for a DS.
    Smitty
    NRA Endowment Member

Senior Member Array Freedomofchoice's Avatar
    I have no experience with BCO, but, in general, I don't care for holsters that have clips or loops directly over the cylinder, such as most of the one's on their web site. That style bulges out at the thickest part of the gun. I prefer an offset loop or clip.

Too light for heavy work, too heavy for light work!

pb

I have a lot of trouble finding a good holster since there aren't any good ones locally to try on they all have to be ordered and I find out when they get here I hate them. I'm very small and skinny so when I sit the handle pokes a foot out the back of my shirt. The only holster have been able to tolerate in a while is a crossbreed super tuck for an sp101 but even that doesn't fit me well. I had a mini tuck for a kel-tec pf9 and it was absolutely perfect but I hated the gun. I like to carry revolvers but just cannot find a holster for a detective special or an sp101 that fits me right and comfortably.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

Bell Charter Oak is the company operated by a very experienced retired LEO who has been making top-quality holsters for many years. You can find him on the S&W Forum as "old flatfoot".

In addition to providing excellent products he is also very good at providing sound advice on holster selection depending on your intended uses, the weapon, your usual wardrobe, and physique.

You would do well to contact him and discuss your needs and preferences.
    Lobo Gun Leather
    serious equipment for serious business, since 1972
    www.lobogunleather.com

Distinguished Member
    That looks like neat product, I like it that the holsters are so customized to the guns - for instance that hammer guard on one of the revolver holsters, I've never seen that.

The Gun Gone is also pretty nice looking (the last on the IWB page).

Thanks for posting.

I personally would like to try out that NY Reload holster for the 2 S&W J-Frames
    Colt New Agent, Dan Wesson V-Bob, Glock 19,20SF, 23, 26, 27, 29, 30SF, 36, Kahr P380 w/CT, PM9, PM45, CW9(SOLD), Kel-Tec P32, P3AT, PF9(SOLD), Kimber Ultra Crimson Carry II, Stainless Pro TLE/RL II (SOLD), Rohrbaugh R9s, Ruger LCP w/CT, LCR, SP101 S&W J-Frame 638 w/CT, M&P 340 w/CT, Walther PPK/S

I have not read anything negative either here or at S&W about Bell Charter Oak holsters.

I do have a Detective Special form also.

I carry my 442 in a Quick Snap (connection behind the cylinder) or Double Snap for IWB, The Slide OWB or Rough Out for pocket.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

I have read a few complaints from some people about the thinness of Bell Charter's leather. May be nothing to it but something to consider.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Links