Defensive Carry banner

Springfield XD Service

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Camjr 
#1 ·
I am a new owner of a Springfield XD-9 Service. I am currently looking for a decent IWB. I have been using a Don Hume IWB with the clip for my 1911 and my P-64. They seem to work pretty well for smaller guns. I'm not sure how well it would work with this springer. It is a lot taller than my other handguns. Would buying a canted holster help with concealment? I think it would... I also have a Falco holster for my CZ-82 that is pretty much the same thing as the don hume. It really helps with concealment when I tilt the holster at an angle. It just always seems to come back to the original position.

Who carries this gun and what holster do you use? I love pics too!

Thanks,
MW

#2 ·
Cannot beat the Comp-Tac MTac Minotaur in my opinion. Three years I been carrying my XD Service in this one and I have never regretted this purchase. Adjustable for height of carry and cant position. You can buy extra kydex slides to fit other guns and use the same leather backing.

Cant adjustment is key to concealment of a larger gun.

#6 ·
I carry a full size XD-40 in a Minotaur just like Tally XD's rig, but I have mine set to ride lower in my pants. YMMV. I live the setup. The big XD carry's great in the MTAC.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.