CB QwikClip + Ruger LCR PICS

This is a discussion on CB QwikClip + Ruger LCR PICS within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Seems like there's been a little more interest in the Crossbreed QwikClip here on Defensivecarry.com, but for some reason there is a shortage of pics ...

Thread: CB QwikClip + Ruger LCR PICS

Seems like there's been a little more interest in the Crossbreed QwikClip here on Defensivecarry.com, but for some reason there is a shortage of pics of them in action and reviews. I just purchased one for my LCR and this is what I've come up with.

[IMG][/IMG]
    I actually thought it was significantly smaller than the Crossbreed SuperTuck, but it's almost the same size.

Ruger LCR + CB Qwik Clip Advantages:

Comfortable: it is light weight and contoured to my body well after a couple of days of wearing the new holster in the heat against my bare side.

Concealable: It only has one anchor that attaches to your belt, but still manages to stay in place and not rock back and fourth. It is also tuck-able, which is a must for me because I carry at work daily. All you can see is the one clip.

The 4:30 position-just behind the hip- is by far the most concealable and comfortable position for sitting and standing for the QwikClip. I've seen some people ask if you could carry it Appendix style, I would have to say no, Even with the LCR, the holster is just too big and bulky for that in my opinion. It seems that it was designed for about 4-5:30 positions.

[IMG]

Draw is fast from 4:30, and retention is low.

The only thing I do not like about the LCR+ Qwikclip Combo is that the rubber grip On the LCR tends to grab your shirt and make a pretty catastrophic print if you do any kind of bending down and sitting to standing like so:

But this is a problem with the firearm, not the holster.

All in all, I love this holster and think its perfect with a light-weight firearm being warn at the 4:30 position. Comfort, concealment, and rapid access. Hope this has been helpful, if you have any questions, please ask!!

Thanks for the review and pictures!

Nice review and photos. That last picture is why I carry with wood grips on all my revolvers though.

Good review! switch the grips to wood and you have a winner! Been looking at options for my 85UL.
    ARMY INFANTRY 11c

What use is an unloaded gun? --Tony Soprano

"A ___ is better than the ___ you left at/ in the ____" -- My answer to 99% of the ?'s on here

Thanks a lot dude.. These pictures really help. Ive been completely unable to find decent pics, review, or information on revolver usage. I have been putting off buying one of these for a while because I was debating this or to just get the SuperTuck which I own for the Kimber, and like very much. This helped me decide on getting one of these for the Ruger. I know its heavier but I think it will work perfectly, especially considering I always carry @ 3:30-4:00.
    Kimber Pro-Carry II .45 w/ 230gr Remington Golden Sabers
    Ruger SP101 DAO .357 w/ 125gr Speer Gold Dots

"Try and fail is the manner of losers; try and learn is the way of the strong."

Excellent job in the review! Thank you! You are one of those skinny guys. Might not work or work totally different for one of us fat guys. Anyone (fat guys only) have any pictures and comments before I think about spending a bunch of cash?!

Dsimon11...thanks again for the great work.
    Best Regards from Minnesota,

Rick

Mbtech and Rickmn, you guys are very welcome, just trying to help out! MBTech, I think the Qwikclip will work just fine for you. Rickmn- Haha, skinny guy. Well I appreciate it, I'm single and have a day job, no kids etc, all I do is work and hit the gym lol.

Sponsored Links