Holster sales

This is a discussion on Holster sales within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; After I started making holsters I decided I didn't want to have it become a Job,I can't see myself sitting in a gun show every ...

Thread: Holster sales

Holster sales

After I started making holsters I decided I didn't want to have it become a Job,I can't see myself sitting in a gun show every weekend somewhere,So I decided to let orders come to me a few at a time and contacted a mom and pop gun shop locally,They were definitely interested and so people that need a holster for a gun they no longer make or need a holster to fit they can't find on holster racks can now get the holster they need,locally,and It will keep me just busy enough.This thread is not for holster sales,I will refuse any orders thru this forum,Sponsors pay a fee for a reason.
    I may post a progress of holsters as I become more proficient.To anybody that bought one of my holsters,you can still reach me if you have any problems
    Thanks Steve
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Steve, making holsters and belts can turn into a full time job very fast. I work harder now than when I had a real job.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

Since the top makers are posting wait times of two years or more, it seems the market has room for more talented people. Good luck.

Thanks for the replies,There are many excellent holster makers on this forum that can meet your needs,I enjoyed making holsters for people on this forum whether I made any money or not,I'm sure the Pink and Purple holsters I made two sisters will be talked about long after I'm gone,To tell you the truth they were my favorites.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"

Steve, I know you are reluctant to seek business from the forum but I can tell you, I for one would very much like to see some pictures of some of your work. Please, post some shots for us.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    Thanks for the replies,There are many excellent holster makers on this forum that can meet your needs,I enjoyed making holsters for people on this forum whether I made any money or not,I'm sure the Pink and Purple holsters I made two sisters will be talked about long after I'm gone,To tell you the truth they were my favorites.
    Steve, those holsters you made for girls aren't just your favorites, they love them. The holsters have become a big topic of conversation with friends, especially with my 10 year old. I could have spent hundreds of dollars on shark trimmed Del Fatti or Sparks holsters and they would have sat in the holster drawer with little fanfare from them. You created something special for them for a few bucks and that's priceless to me. Thanks again.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

Quote Originally Posted by TN_Mike View Post
    Steve, I know you are reluctant to seek business from the forum but I can tell you, I for one would very much like to see some pictures of some of your work. Please, post some shots for us.
    I'll try to get some new stuff up as I make them,I have volunteered to do something I will probably regret,due to the physical demands,but they said they would hire labor if I need it,my Pride says I'll see what I can do first

Hey Steve, the one you made for me is still working great! Thanks again! Dave M.
    Hiram25
    You can educate ignorance, you can't fix stupid
    Retired DE Trooper, SA XD40 SC, S&W 2" Airweight
    dukalmighty & Pure Kustom Black Ops Pro "Trooper" Holsters, DE CCDW and LEOSA Permits, Vietnam Vet 68-69 Pleiku

Congratulations on discovering a niche and stumbling on to more work than you intended to! Hope you have found your best way to continue to enjoy it.
    What Would Gumby Do?

I know where you coming from Duke.

I had to make a decision 3 years ago if I wanted to take this to a "real" business. I'm not full time yet but I'm moving that way and will be expanding with employees soon.

Have fun with the one off business and making unusual holsters for unusual guns is a real market niche locally almost every where. I am doing the same thing with two different customer guns. Let me know if you have any questions or want to talk sometime.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Links