Permit: Finally. Gun: Check. Holster? HELP! -S&W M&P - Page 2

Permit: Finally. Gun: Check. Holster? HELP! -S&W M&P

This is a discussion on Permit: Finally. Gun: Check. Holster? HELP! -S&W M&P within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I carry my FS M&P in a Des Biens IWB #2 and it works really well for me. It is pretty thin and rides fairly ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Permit: Finally. Gun: Check. Holster? HELP! -S&W M&P

I carry my FS M&P in a Des Biens IWB #2 and it works really well for me. It is pretty thin and rides fairly low so it conceals well, you can loosen up the loops and change the cant if you like. Plus Rhome is a good dude who provides excellent customer service. If you're looking for a dual mag pouch I like his as well because they conform really well to the body and he'll cant the front mag forward for you which helps with comfort/concealability as well as letting you handle the individual mags a bit easier as they are spaced further apart.

Badge - not so sure about carrying extra mags. Do they have ones w/out.
    John - I hopped on their page - do you know if they make anything with an adjustable cant? All looked fixed on their web page.

Distinguished Member Array SpringerXD's Avatar
    I have this one for my M&P 45 Compact, plus another one for a 5-inch 1911. It clips on and off quickly and the clip is so strong that it can be worn without a belt. This is some top-notch leather work.
    "I practice the ancient art of Klik Pao."

-miklcolt45

I just called Skip he does not offer adjustable cant belt holsters....John

I carry my M&Pc in a M-Tac, and my Sig P228 in a C-Tac. Both are great holster, though I prefer the M-Tac.
    http://www.comp-tac.com/product_info.php?products_id=95
    Their current turn-around is listed at 3 days, and they usually run at or ahead of schedule.
    AlabamaConstitution of 1819: That every citizen has a right to bear arms in defence of himself and the state.
    The world doesn't owe you anything. It was here first.-Mark Twain
    "Life's tough. It's tougher if you're stupid."-John Wayne
    Sig P228; Micro Desert Eagle; S&W M&P Compact .357 sig

me
    Quote Originally Posted by MNBurl View Post
    I have a Double Snap right hand in black 15 degrees for a 1.5" belt in stock ready to ship.

http://www.sideguardholsters.com/holsters/DblSnap.htm
    You can see My M&P Snap in the Customer pictures section. My dad loved mine so much I got him one for his Glock 26 for fathers day and it is in the pictures with my M&P. I loved my snap holster until I was stupid and shoved the wrong gun into it and left it there overnight stretching the holster out . Since then I have used a CTAC with great results until now that I got too skinny to carry the M&P.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Go with the MTAC...you won't be disappointed! Most comfortable holster I own and adjustable for height/cant. I have the C clips on mine which even gives it the extra level of concealment on the belt.

If you have the organ donor box marked "Yes" on your concealed carry permit, you may want to consider more training.

I carry my M&P9c in one of three holsters. I have 2 IWB. The first is a Cross Breed Supertuck. Great for Spring, early summer and fall. The second IWB (just recently purchased is a Pro Carry HD from
    the holsterstore.com. It is wetmolded leather, with a slide guard (option) and is available in the forward or rear cant styles as well. I bought a left hand draw (I am right handed) to carry in the area of the small of my back. I did not get the cant altered but added the slide guard. Whopping $45 for summer carry holster and it is actually made very well. The last is my OWB holster (Speed Scabbard) from DeSantis (bought from a guy on EBAY for $56 shipped). All three are very comfortable, easy to reholster and comfortable. Good Luck!

Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    You can see My M&P Snap in the Customer pictures section. My dad loved mine so much I got him one for his Glock 26 for fathers day and it is in the pictures with my M&P. I loved my snap holster until I was stupid and shoved the wrong gun into it and left it there overnight stretching the holster out . Since then I have used a CTAC with great results until now that I got too skinny to carry the M&P.
    If you send it back to me I can maybe tighten it up depending.
    MNBurl

"If everyone is thinking alike, then somebody isn't thinking" - George S. Patton.

Check out custom carry concepts:

http://www.customcarryconcepts.com/holsters

Quality holsters and great guy to do business with

Senior Member Array KevinDooley's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by hk45c View Post
    Check out custom carry concepts:

http://www.customcarryconcepts.com/holsters

Quality holsters and great guy to do business with
    I second this - I've been carrying in a Looper for a year now and it's a great holster. Everything you need, nothing you don't.
    Quis custodiet ipsos custodes

The will to win is worthless if you do not have the will to prepare. -Thane Yost

Before you buy anything that may be expensive or take a long time to get ie: Milt Sparks VII etc.
    Make sure the you have the right gun for concealed carry for you.
    My CCW is a Glock 26 in a Milt Sparks VII and I couldn't be happier. The belt is a Beltman Horsehide 1.5 inch.
    I carry at 3:00 and it conceals well ,even wearing just a tee shirt. Good luck.

How about the Secret City Isotope 7?
    http://secretcityweaponeers.com/sw.html

A few circumstances that I didn't mention that now I think will play into my decision:

1) I'm impatient. Therefore, long turn arounds or out of stock for now is a no go. Maybe in the future when I have one under my belt (get it? ;-P) I'll wait for another.
    2) I'm in NYS, and this is my only handgun for at least the short term. Therefore, if I want to carry, it has to be concealed (which will probably be IWB), and the M&P 40 will be my go to for at least 4-6 months. Too poor to buy another at the moment. Women are expensive (she wants her engagement ring soon).
    3) I think I may go with the MTAC, since it's IWB, has good reviews, and covers the whole gun. The crossbreed super tuck had my interest, but the end is exposed. If it's going to be up against me IWB, I want to minimize sweat and what not coming in contact - so I think after looking at designs, it has to be fully enclosed.

Any more suggestions folks? Thanks for the help thus far!

+1 on MTAC. Very satisfied with that and the M&P 9c.

Turnaround time was good too.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links