NAA Guardian 380.....need some new ideas.

This is a discussion on NAA Guardian 380.....need some new ideas. within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Anyone have a NAA Guardian 380 and how do you carry it........own a few holsters like the Nemisis pocket, Charter Bell Oak IWB and Mitch ...

Thread: NAA Guardian 380.....need some new ideas.

NAA Guardian 380.....need some new ideas.

Anyone have a NAA Guardian 380 and how do you carry it........own a few holsters like the Nemisis pocket, Charter Bell Oak IWB and Mitch Rosen clip on belt holster. IMO, they all are not very adequite and uncomfortable too boot.

Any other suggestions I might be overlooking.............?

2. Remove Ads

I had one for a short time and just used it as a pocket pistol. It didn't last very long due to the weight.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I typically carry mine in my back pocket. If a BG asks for my money, I just tell him "sure, let me get my wallet"...
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Quote Originally Posted by ABC111 View Post
    I had one for a short time and just used it as a pocket pistol. It didn't last very long due to the weight.
    - Same here. 18.72oz. unloaded was a brick in the pocket. My NAA used to bounce around too much while carrying.

When I carried the NAA, it was either in an Aker Sharkskin holster or a FIST kydex holster with thumb push. Those two were the most comfortable holsters I found for the NAA.

EW3
    Sell it and use the funds to buy an LCP, P3AT or P32.

I had one for about a month and grew to hate it, it was such a brick in the pocket and uncomfortable to shoot.

The other pistols I listed are flat, light and much more pleasant to shoot.
    "Naked and Starving as They are We Cannot Enough Admire the Incomparable Patience and Fidelity of the Soldiery" George Washington, Valley Forge, 1777.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I was gonna suggest a backpack. I had the .32NAA for a while. It was too heavy, so it found itself sold.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

These threads crack me up. If the weight of the Guardian makes you so upset, you need to toughen up a little. Funny thing is many of the people that complain about the weight of such a small pistol, will be the same people who say they prefer a all metal gun over a piece of plastic in another thread. My Guardians have eated everything I have fed them. They totally disappear in a Nemisis pocket holster. For SD rounds look at the BB Gold Dots, they are hot SD rounds but is the best round for a micro gun.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

Senior Member Array royal barnes's Avatar
    I carried one for a short while as a back up gun while in uniform. I carried it in a homemade pocket holster in my hip pocket. It was heavy, uncomfortable to shoot and I never trusted it completely. It would run like a champ for 10 rounds then have a fail to eject, 8 rounds then fail to fire, etc., etc.

I have a NAA Guardian .380 and carry it in a K&D Pocket Defender Convertible 2-in-1 holster. Works very well to help manage the relatively heavier weight of this pistol.

It's weight is under 19oz, which is only "heavy" by comparison to other pocket pistols. It still isn't that much to carry, IMO. As with the carrying of any pistol in any manner, clothing selection makes a big deal with respect to one's ability to effectively carry a heavier load in the pocket. YMWV, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    These threads crack me up. If the weight of the Guardian makes you so upset, you need to toughen up a little. Funny thing is many of the people that complain about the weight of such a small pistol, will be the same people who say they prefer a all metal gun over a piece of plastic in another thread.
    My point exactly. Plenty of folks carry a Commander-sized 1911 or similar pistol, which at 28-35oz wasn't generally considered heavy until Glocks came along at the ~20oz level. While the NAA Guardians are certainly heavier than the 10oz ultra-lights such as the KelTec P3AT and similar choices, its rock-solid nature, ability to suck up stiffer recoil and it's ability to handle a variety of ammo reliably well place it on my list of decent .380's (or .32's) to have. They are what they are: not for everyone, but they should work well for folks who don't think 20oz is a ton in a well-designed pocket/holster (or on a micro-sized IWB holster).
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

I agree 100% . Plus NAA has a Lifetime Warranty, if you have a problem they will stand behind it, no matter if you bought new or if you are the 10th owner. The weight just isn't a factor that some make it out to be. You are also correct that the weight can be a advantage, especially with hot SD rounds.
    When Seconds Count, The Cops Are Just Minutes Away!!
    Carry On!
    NCHornet

No the weight isn't a factor for me, it's that the Mags keeping dropping out of the gun when it's fired and we've changed out the Mag Release 3 times already with no better results.

I pocket carry mine:

When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe.

Dademoss:

Have you ever had any problems with the Mag w/ the finger extension dropping out of the Mag Well when it's fired.....?
    Mine is back for the 3rd time to try and correct this...............Hmmm.

I was gonna suggest a good firm kydex pocket rig. I carried mine in a Mika, but it was two heavy for the soft holster, and did move around some.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have never had trouble with either magazine.

I have small hands, and others have had some problem with the finger grip magazine releasing also. Do you have the problem with the flat bottom mag too?
    Last edited by dademoss; September 8th, 2010 at 04:07 PM.
    When a strong man, fully armed, guards his own house, his possessions are safe.

Links