Defensive Carry banner

Crossbreed Supertuck so far just

4K views 29 replies 25 participants last post by  SpringerXD 
#1 ·
So I after reading what seems like hundreds for great reviews on the CBST, I broke down and ordered one. I have been wearing it for four days now and I would rate it at OK. It's not bad, but it's so far it's not "the most comfortable holster ever" that everyone says that they "forget they are wearing it". I have played with the cant some, now have it in the top hole in the front and the second from the bottom in the rear. I am wearing it about 4:00. Like I said it's ok, but not great. Is there a better adjustment I should try? Do I just need a little more brake in time? I keep reading all these reviews like "it was great right out of the box". I would love to make this holster work like it has for so many other people, any input would be appreciated.

By the way its a horse hide no combat cut for the Glock 27.

#3 ·
My CBST is comfortable, but my Milt Sparks Summer Special II is far more comfortable. The G27 can be worn at 3:30-4 for 16+ hours w/ no problem.

Attachments

#4 ·
you need to wear it alot to brake it in. when i got mine i was concened about it being stiff and it wasnt comfortable at all. I wore it as much as possible (sometimes empty) and in less than 2 weeks it was broken in nicely. now its the only iwb holster i use. depending on my daily activities (alot of physical or more sitting or just walking around) determines what position i will wear it at. its not to often i wear my owb holster as i like the concealment of the iwb. give it some time, wear it alot, even when just sitting around the house (if you dont normaly carry while at home) still wear the holster, it will get better.

#23 ·
I wouldn't recommend wearing it empty very often. The leather will change its shape and make re-holstering difficult.

As for us "heavyweights", the Silent Thunder IWB does a great job of concealment. It has a very small footprint and seems to ride in our "creases" comfortably and efficiently. Don't even think about the Slim model if you're a big guy!

#5 ·
I wear mine using the bottom hole in front and 3rd. up from bottom on the rear. I have not problem with mine using my Glock G22. I like the glock as low as it can ride to keep the print from showing. The leather up around the pistol keeps it from poking into my side, much better than no leather up high. Good Luck!!

#7 ·
I have one for my G26 and love it.... as long as I don't have to sit in a car. Unfortunately, that means only certain occasions.

I tried 3 o'clock carry but don't like it because it seems to rub on my hipbones. Thus, it's 4:30-5:00 carry for me. Like I said, comfy while standing or sitting in some chairs, but driving is like sitting on a brick.

Looking for OWB for cold weather carry.

#9 ·
Well it's been almost a week and I would still rate the CBST as ok. I have played with cant and position and I think that I have found the sweet spot, but still not totally comfortable. It doesn't hurt but I don't forget that I'm wearing it either. Should I try a saddle soap to soften the leather? The holster makes my Glock disappear with just a tee shirt, I just wish it was a bit more comfortable. I am open to any ideas I would really like to make this holster work for me.

#10 ·
Are you new to cc using an iwb holster?
If you are, it could be you're just not used to the feeling of carrying yet. (This does take some time.)

Have you bought a good "GUN" belt yet?
A "gunbelt" such as a "Wilderness Tactical" or a leather one from Crossbreed, makes a HUGE difference in your comfort level.

Remember if you are not satified, you can send it back to Crossbreed. Believe me, someone else will be happy to buy it at a discounted price. Mark is a great person to do business with; and will gladly take the return.

#13 ·
When I started using mine I wore a standard belt. This belt was close to 10 years old and I found myself adjusting the holster all the time and pulling the holster/gun up each time I stepped out the car. After I walked for a few minutes I once again found myself fixing the holster, pulling my pants up.

Then I ordered the below and all has changed. I even ran across a street not that long ago without thinking and my Glock 27 stayed in place and the holster did not move. I no longer adjust anything. I no longer tug at my belt/pants. It just stays where it is supposed to be and yes, I can forget it is even there at times such as walking around the mall for a good hour. I know I'm armed I just don't feel the weight of it.

#14 · (Edited)
The Belt made the difference for me.

I got the Crossbreed SuperTuck for my Beretta PX4 Subcompact 9mm. When I first got it I was trying different things all the time looking for the comfort level I was hoping for. FINALLY I ordered the belt from Crossbreed and that made ALL the DIFFERENCE. The belt gives the holster the support that it needs.

The 3 o'clock postion works best for me for walking, sitting or driving. It tucks nicely under my Starboard "Love Handle". I DO forget that I have it on.

Good Luck

#22 ·
I got the Crossbreed SuperTuck for my Beretta PX4 Subcompact 9mm. When I first got it I was trying different things all the time looking for the comfort level I was hoping for. FINALLY I ordered the belt from Crossbreed and that made ALL the DIFFERENCE. The belt gives the holster the support that it needs.

The 3 o'clock postion works best for me for walking, sitting or driving. It tucks nicely under my Starboard "Love Handle". I DO forget that I have it on.

Good Luck
This has been my exact setup for the last two years though I wear it at 4 o'clock. I actually am waiting on my beltman belt to arrive. I have had problems with the belt stretching an losing stiffness over time - not that I am easy on them... The belt is extremely important.

#16 ·
Thanks for all the info. Looks like I need to invest in a good gun belt. I have found that I am always having to adjust the holster which is something that I have never had to do with my other holsters. I think I'm going to keep the holster and cross my fingers that the belt will make the difference.

#18 · (Edited)
I carry mine canted like you do with my 1911 at 3:00 and I do know it's there but it is very comfortable. It doesn't ride as low as I'd like but it's ok. I have a 5.11 gun belt with their permastiff insert in it and it holds it well. I'm fat which makes my pants hard to keep up anyway by it doesn't make it much worse. Give it some more time. The two of you willform to each other in time.

#21 ·
Make sure your pants are sized corrrectly. I had to buy jeans and slacks 2 inches larger to make it all comfortable. My regular jeans were just too tight. Larger slacks also make your draw easier by not being so snug. This can be controlled by your belt tightness. I keep my carry pants separate from my regular ones.

#27 ·
so if its not comfortable, dont use it. Im sorry, but no one holster is going to perfect for everyone. I would love to wear my brommeland, but the cbst does beat it in comfort for me. I have my CBST for my 19 front clip second from top hole (theres four holes) and rear clip at the very bottom. This mimics the cant on my Max Con V and creates a perfect cant for drawing while seated and is also very comfortable for me while seated. Note, my MCV also shines and excels while in the seated position.
Now heres where the high end holster fall short for me. One, the rough back on the cbst keeps the holster from shifting around, my mcv moves which can be benificial in some instances, but for the most part, the rough back is a plus. Also, the adjustable cant allows me to wear my jeans where theyre suppose to be and have the firearm where its suppose to be. What do I mean? Well, unless your wearing standard jeans i.e., 501 levis, a lot of the newer jeans are cut so they sit slightly below the waist in the front and the rear is little higher truer to the waist. With my MCV for it to be comfortable, it wants to pull the jeans higher so the weapon and holster are sitting in that pocket like they were designed to do. Problem here is the boys get the raw en of the deal. With the CBST, I can actually set it so that the weapon and holster sit high in the pocket but the clip are low enough to allow the jeans to sit wear they are suppose to be. Keep in mind Im a 30" waist, so this may not apply to others, this is just what Ive found works for me. ]

Now I love the draw and retention on my MCV. I wish Crossbreed would make a leather version. I thinks someone does, not sure who. Good luck!

#29 ·
Glocks are great guns but there brick thickness eliminates them as a CC option for me. My CBST and PF-9 go with me everywhere and I do forget its there, standing, sitting, driving or anywhere.

#30 ·
I have a CBST that I keep in my vehicle for an XD 45 Compact. At some point, though, if I keep the gun, I'll replace it with a High Noon IWB of some description.

Personally, I always found the CBST to be too much of a "production" to put on and take off. I'm more of a "clip-n-go" kind of guy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.