Glock 24 shoulder holster?

This is a discussion on Glock 24 shoulder holster? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I bought the Glock 24 for home defense and target shooting, and I got the G27 for concealed carry. However, I've been thinking it would ...

Thread: Glock 24 shoulder holster?

Glock 24 shoulder holster?

I bought the Glock 24 for home defense and target shooting, and I got the G27 for concealed carry.

However, I've been thinking it would be nice to have the option of carrying the G24 with it's higher magazine capacity and velocity (6 inch barrel as apposed to 3")

I think the best way to carry the G24 would be in a shoulder holster, but I havent had any luck finding one made for it.

Is there anyone out there that has CC'd the G24?

2. Remove Ads

A shoulder rig that holds the gun horizontal may have your barrel poking the rear of your cover garment. The 24 is pretty long. You may need a vertical shoulder rig if you really want to go that route. I would personally go for a strong side OWB. Just make sure that it doesn't ride too high or you will have a problem clearing leather with that long barrel.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I couldn't find a vertical shoulder holster for the G24 or G17L, which is almost the same size. I did find one for the G17, which is about an inch shorter. I'm probably going to give that a try....although it's a risky buy because it sells for $135.00 plus shipping.

Update: Ok, just did some more searching...this time I searched the G22 and the holster is open at the end so the G24 should fit perfect.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/galco-ja...lder-rigs.html

However....from the pic I cant tell if it is vertical or horizontal. And it only comes right handed.....but if it fits and it's vertical I will just adapt to it.
    Can anyone tell if it's vertical?

I carry a G23 in a shoulder without any problems. In the winter months it's a great way to go. Josh Bulman makes a great one. Check out his website.

Good luck.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Foster View Post
    I couldn't find a vertical shoulder holster for the G24 or G17L, which is almost the same size. I did find one for the G17, which is about an inch shorter. I'm probably going to give that a try....although it's a risky buy because it sells for $135.00 plus shipping.

Update: Ok, just did some more searching...this time I searched the G22 and the holster is open at the end so the G24 should fit perfect.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/galco-ja...lder-rigs.html

However....from the pic I cant tell if it is vertical or horizontal. And it only comes right handed.....but if it fits and it's vertical I will just adapt to it.
    Can anyone tell if it's vertical?
    That is a horizontal carry. Like I said, I think that your barrel will be poking through the rear of your cover garment while standing let alone when you bend. Unless you adjust it so that it sits very far to the front.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Checkout the Bianchi X15 on Optisplanet it sells for apx $102.00 & inc free shp, I just bought one for my G 21 & I love it, nice & concealable under a shirt or jacket.

Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY HARRY View Post
    Checkout the Bianchi X15 on Optisplanet it sells for apx $102.00 & inc free shp, I just bought one for my G 21 & I love it, nice & concealable under a shirt or jacket.
    The X15 looks great, I'll have to contact them and find out if the G24 will fit. If so I think thats the one I'll get.

I've got a Bianchi OWB for my G27, and today the Bianchi 4750 Ranger Triad Ankle Holster for my S&W 638 arrives

http://www.bianchi-intl.com/product/...xtModelID=4750

So the X15 will be a nice addition!

Just got the Ankle Holster!
    I had it shipped here at work because UPS has left boxes on my porch. Once I ordered a computer and came home with a big box outside my door with a big "DELL" on the side of it. It was a $2,500 gaming rig just sitting outside all day asking for the taking.

Our normal receiving guy doesnt open boxes if its got a name on it. But he's not here today, our main purchasing agent received it.... and opened it.

He comes over...." Hey...umm.. I didn't mean to open personal stuff."
    Me: "Great..it's here."
    Him: "So you got to be careful...uh?"
    Me: "What?"

Then he does this quick reach down to his ankle and pull out a gun motion, with an awkward smile...then walks away.

So now I'm wondering if I'll get called into the office later...

Links