Defensive Carry banner

Best Gun Belt for the Money

145K views 162 replies 133 participants last post by  Stetson 
#1 ·
What is the best gun belt for the money?

Crossbreed
Belt man
bullhidebelt.com
5.11 Tactical Leather or Instructers
Others?

I don't tuck in my shirts very often so looks are not that important. Function and price are the bigest factors to me. I don't like the looks of a real dressy belt though.

#31 ·
I have a 5.11 instructor's belt...I use it in uniform and jeans. I like the stiff belt as a stable platform for my holsters.

#36 ·
An earlier post mentioned the "Double Duty" from Cabelas. I'll second that. $39.95 with good hardware and double thickness bridle leather.

Cheers!

#40 ·
The Cabelas Double Duty belt it on sale right now but reviews are mixed about the quality and it seems really extra thick. Any opinions? Also how about the belt from Simply Rugged? His price of $45 seems like a great deal, but it's only a single layer of leather. I this going to be stout enough for a gun belt?

#43 ·
I have one of the 5.11 leather belts and must say it has not held up well. I have used it less than a year, and within a few weeks the finish started rubbing off. A few months in and the plastic stiffener broke at one of the holes, it's not broken in two places. It's stretching a lot now, but I'm still using it. I think I will check out A&G after these recommendations.

#46 ·
Like Cdknox, I received the 5.11 Casual Gun Belt free with my pants and since I bought 5 pair I got 5 belts. They do well with the small gun like my PM9 in a single clip holster, but not well for the Colt Commander 45 in a single clip holster. I'm exchanging the Slient Thunder for the Tucker 2 clip Answer which will help, but also am considering making a very stiff gun belt.

The concept is to stitch 2 of the 5.11 belts together leaving openings between them for the cell phone, suspender clips and holsters (ST & Answer). The inside belt would be cut shorter and tapered down on each end to form nicely leaving the outside belt to buckle. I've used several cable ties to test the theory and it makes an incredibly strong belt that's 1/4" thick. In fact I plan to clamp the belts together in a curve matching my body before sewing so I don't have to fight the bend.

#49 ·
I'd agree with the 5.11 belts. For the $$$ they're pretty good. The finish isn't going to hold forever, but I rarely have my shirt tucked. The only real down side I see is there is not "give" in them like leather. For me the second hole is about perfect, but if I use them without being able to CC the third hole isn't quite right. Anyway, can't beat the price as mentioned above.

#50 ·
I bought a 5.11 Tactical brown leather belt (1.5") and I'm very happy with it. It is very stiff, made of high quality leather, it holds the holster perfectly well and it comes equipped with a hidden cuff key holder in the back.

#51 ·
Wilderness Instructors belt for everything except for suits (and that's only weddings and funerals).:yup:

#54 ·
Exactly. I just got mine a few days ago. It is awesome. I was between notches on my favorite leather belt, so the velcro adjustment on the Wilderness Instructor Belt is very useful.

#53 ·
+1 for Al @ A&G. Went with the 1.5'' horse hide and I could not be happier. Holds up my Cougar 8000 9mm in its CBST every day VERY well. Aside from far surpassing my performance expectations, it looks great too. As mentioned by a previous post, Al's customer service is as good as it gets.

#56 ·
Oddly enough, I found my current belt at American Eagle Outfitters (yep, the trendy place at the mall). It's 1 3/4" brown leather, heavy, thick, and well made, with double hole buckle. I've had it for about 4 years and has held up great.

I also have a "Double Duty" gunbelt from Cabelas. It's pretty good for the money.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.