Best Gun Belt for the Money - Page 4

Best Gun Belt for the Money

This is a discussion on Best Gun Belt for the Money within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Like Cdknox, I received the 5.11 Casual Gun Belt free with my pants and since I bought 5 pair I got 5 belts. They do ...

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Best Gun Belt for the Money

Like Cdknox, I received the 5.11 Casual Gun Belt free with my pants and since I bought 5 pair I got 5 belts. They do well with the small gun like my PM9 in a single clip holster, but not well for the Colt Commander 45 in a single clip holster. I'm exchanging the Slient Thunder for the Tucker 2 clip Answer which will help, but also am considering making a very stiff gun belt.

The concept is to stitch 2 of the 5.11 belts together leaving openings between them for the cell phone, suspender clips and holsters (ST & Answer). The inside belt would be cut shorter and tapered down on each end to form nicely leaving the outside belt to buckle. I've used several cable ties to test the theory and it makes an incredibly strong belt that's 1/4" thick. In fact I plan to clamp the belts together in a curve matching my body before sewing so I don't have to fight the bend.

Check out FOX CREEK LEATHER online... Not a "gun" belt, but holds my G19 in a Comp-tac very well

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I have several leather ones from Galco that are close to 30 years old and look like new. They are a tad pricey.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

ntg
    I'd agree with the 5.11 belts. For the $$$ they're pretty good. The finish isn't going to hold forever, but I rarely have my shirt tucked. The only real down side I see is there is not "give" in them like leather. For me the second hole is about perfect, but if I use them without being able to CC the third hole isn't quite right. Anyway, can't beat the price as mentioned above.
    M&P Shield9; RIA 1911 Tactical 9mm;...many long guns

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    I bought a 5.11 Tactical brown leather belt (1.5") and I'm very happy with it. It is very stiff, made of high quality leather, it holds the holster perfectly well and it comes equipped with a hidden cuff key holder in the back.

Wilderness Instructors belt for everything except for suits (and that's only weddings and funerals).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Vaquero View Post
    The Cabelas Double Duty belt it on sale right now but reviews are mixed about the quality and it seems really extra thick. Any opinions? Also how about the belt from Simply Rugged? His price of $45 seems like a great deal, but it's only a single layer of leather. I this going to be stout enough for a gun belt?
    I have one on right now. Its definitly thicker than a normal belt, and it holds my guns without issues. I got mine on clearance for $25 a few months back. Its not holding up as well as I would like, but it still has alot of support

+1 for Al @ A&G. Went with the 1.5'' horse hide and I could not be happier. Holds up my Cougar 8000 9mm in its CBST every day VERY well. Aside from far surpassing my performance expectations, it looks great too. As mentioned by a previous post, Al's customer service is as good as it gets.
    "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty"
    -Wendell Phillips

Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap nor easy conquest.
    -The Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Wilderness Instructors belt for everything except for suits (and that's only weddings and funerals).
    Exactly. I just got mine a few days ago. It is awesome. I was between notches on my favorite leather belt, so the velcro adjustment on the Wilderness Instructor Belt is very useful.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

I have a TT Gunleather belt that I really like. BTW, my 511 Tactical casual belt isn't holding up too well re: stiffness and the "finish" is junk IMHO.

For my next belt, I may try the quick ship version of the A&G belt as they look similar to the TT.

Oddly enough, I found my current belt at American Eagle Outfitters (yep, the trendy place at the mall). It's 1 3/4" brown leather, heavy, thick, and well made, with double hole buckle. I've had it for about 4 years and has held up great.

I also have a "Double Duty" gunbelt from Cabelas. It's pretty good for the money.

I love my 511 Tactical Leather Cassual Belt and I got it for $34.99

Wilderness for the casual look. For a leather belt I would go with A&G as stated a few times above. I love my A&G belt. I never had/saw a beltman, but I would imagine that it is comparable to A&G but a bit more expensive the last time I looked.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyBunny View Post
    I wear a Beltman belt every day, whether I'm carrying or not.

I bought them solely on the recommendations from this forum and have not been disappointed.

I have no experience with any of the other brands mentioned here but doubt that you'd be unhappy with any of them.
    I also purchased a Beltman belt based on the recommedation of forum members. This things makes a great belt even when not carrying.

Quote Originally Posted by TXcougar8000 View Post
    +1 for Al @ A&G. Went with the 1.5'' horse hide and I could not be happier. Holds up my Cougar 8000 9mm in its CBST every day VERY well. Aside from far surpassing my performance expectations, it looks great too. As mentioned by a previous post, Al's customer service is as good as it gets.
    What is the thickness of the A&G belts?

Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links