Defensive Carry banner

Best Gun Belt for the Money

145K views 162 replies 133 participants last post by  Stetson 
#1 ·
What is the best gun belt for the money?

Crossbreed
Belt man
bullhidebelt.com
5.11 Tactical Leather or Instructers
Others?

I don't tuck in my shirts very often so looks are not that important. Function and price are the bigest factors to me. I don't like the looks of a real dressy belt though.

#5 ·
Reactions: nerdyvirgin
#7 ·
Take look at the wilderness instructors belt. Mines A 1.5, 5 stitch and I am very happy with it. Good price and good people to work with. Lots of reviews out there about it and they ship the next day.

#32 ·
Yup! CSM and 5-stitch see more time on my waist than anything else. I do wear leather (UBG, HBE or FIST) on occasion for dress but, 95% of the time it's a Wilderness.

#15 ·
Wilderness Tactical Belt (Frequent Flyer style is what I have).........hands down. I also don't ever tuck my shirt in so looks don't matter. This belt is awesome and you can adjust it to exactly where you want it, no belt holes to conform to. I also wear this belt when I'm wearing mesh shorts (when exercising) and you don't even need belt loops. It's the only type of gun belt I'll ever wear. Get the 5-stitch and you'll be happy you did.

Reactions: Pistology
#16 ·
Another Beltman fan, but I have to admit I haven't tried any others.

However the best for the money in my humble opinion is an Uncle Mikes Sidekick belt. While it's not as good as a Beltman, it's not bad at all. I think I paid about $15.00 for mine, and I doubt they've gone up a lot since then. (Actually $12.99 at Cabela's) Probably not real good if you carry a heavy gun, but not bad at all if you're on a tight budget. I've had mine for twenty years or so, and wear it often.

http://www.uncle-mikes.com/products/sidekick_holster_belt.html

#17 ·
I switch between a Beltman and a Wilderness Instructor. Both great belts

#19 ·
Currently have a Beltman. Used it the last couple of years and has served me very, very well. I have lost a considerable amount of weight and need a new one. I've ordered a tapered belt from Lobo Gunleather (Lobo Gunleather) so I can send the Beltman back to have it shortened. Should have it here any day. His belts offer lots off options and very good prices.

#91 ·
A little update on my post here. I received the Lobo belt and was extremely disappointed. Though he was a class gentleman to deal with, sadly, I cannot recommend Lobo Gunleather with my experience. First off, the belt took a little longer than it should have. The leather crafter said his stitching machine broke down, so I can completely sympathize with how that could bring everything to a halt. They are unique, temperamental, machines that take some time to repair when that happens. However, I was not notified of this delay until I inquired. Now for the piece itself. The edges were rough and unfinished, the leather was thin and seemingly low grade, the stitching was substandard, and the cuts were off. The biggest problem was the dye job. Upon removing it from the package, my hands were covered in black dye. I left it out for several days to dry further by spending daytime in full Kansas sunlight and wind; no improvement. I rubbed and rubbed endlessly to wipe of the excess; no improvement. The next step was to rub endlessly with Obenauf's LP; no improvement. The only way I resolved the issue was to use Fiebing's Tan-Kote on the belt myself. In other words, the belt was improperly sealed, if sealed at all. Inexcusable. Regardless, I just could not trust the belt to wear with my dress suits (I bought it for work) for fear of it bleeding on them.

I purchased one of A&G's quick ship belts. I see absolutely no difference in the A&G and the Beltman belt I have after wearing it for the last month or so. They are of equal quality, which is, EXCELLENT. A&G will get my next order after the next 30 pounds comes off my body.

#20 ·
I have the black Crossbreed belt. I am extremely satisfied with it. It is a nice normal looking belt, nothing screams tactical or MWAG. It is thicker than a conventional belt but other than that no one would ever know it's designed to support the weight of a gun. The Crossbreed logo is on the inside of the belt.

#24 ·
I have a Comp-Tac belt. Very pleased with it, and they have a fast turn around.

#25 ·
I have belts by the following makers:

Del Fatti
Rosen
Gibson
Belt Man
Wilderness

Unless I'm dressing up in such a manner as the nylon belt would be inappropriate, the Wilderness Belt is my first choice. I've recently come to like them, having been a die hard fan of leather before that.

Biker

#26 ·
I wear a Beltman belt every day, whether I'm carrying or not.

I bought them solely on the recommendations from this forum and have not been disappointed.

I have no experience with any of the other brands mentioned here but doubt that you'd be unhappy with any of them.

#59 ·
I also purchased a Beltman belt based on the recommedation of forum members. This things makes a great belt even when not carrying.

#27 ·
since the question is "for the money" i would have to give a big nod to the 5.11 casual belts...nice leather...very effective stiffener...nice styling that is at home on jeans or dress pants...and can be had on closeouts occassionally from different websites for anywhere fronm 7.99-19.99...or even the normal reasonable price of 39.99....

#29 ·
Beltman offers the standard 5 holes at 1 inch or 7 holes at 3/4 inches for better adjustment.
Love the 2 colors I have.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.