Best Gun Belt for the Money

This is a discussion on Best Gun Belt for the Money within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by ejes Currently have a Beltman. Used it the last couple of years and has served me very, very well. I have lost ...

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Best Gun Belt for the Money

Quote Originally Posted by ejes View Post
    Currently have a Beltman. Used it the last couple of years and has served me very, very well. I have lost a considerable amount of weight and need a new one. I've ordered a tapered belt from Lobo Gunleather (Lobo Gunleather) so I can send the Beltman back to have it shortened. Should have it here any day. His belts offer lots off options and very good prices.
    A little update on my post here. I received the Lobo belt and was extremely disappointed. Though he was a class gentleman to deal with, sadly, I cannot recommend Lobo Gunleather with my experience. First off, the belt took a little longer than it should have. The leather crafter said his stitching machine broke down, so I can completely sympathize with how that could bring everything to a halt. They are unique, temperamental, machines that take some time to repair when that happens. However, I was not notified of this delay until I inquired. Now for the piece itself. The edges were rough and unfinished, the leather was thin and seemingly low grade, the stitching was substandard, and the cuts were off. The biggest problem was the dye job. Upon removing it from the package, my hands were covered in black dye. I left it out for several days to dry further by spending daytime in full Kansas sunlight and wind; no improvement. I rubbed and rubbed endlessly to wipe of the excess; no improvement. The next step was to rub endlessly with Obenauf's LP; no improvement. The only way I resolved the issue was to use Fiebing's Tan-Kote on the belt myself. In other words, the belt was improperly sealed, if sealed at all. Inexcusable. Regardless, I just could not trust the belt to wear with my dress suits (I bought it for work) for fear of it bleeding on them.

I purchased one of A&G's quick ship belts. I see absolutely no difference in the A&G and the Beltman belt I have after wearing it for the last month or so. They are of equal quality, which is, EXCELLENT. A&G will get my next order after the next 30 pounds comes off my body.

2. Remove Ads

Another vote for A & G! Outstanding service at a fair price!
    A darn GOOD belt.

Lateck,

I've been following this thread for a while now, since we are in the gun belt business. I read alot of different opinions of what we like and what we don't like.

Obliviously, we want to please our customers. So what can A&G Custom Leather do for you that others will not or cannot do to please you. In your opinion, what can we do to improve our offering to you. Whether it be quality, pricing, delivery or styles, ect.

What would you like to see from us. We will do, within our capabilities whatever it takes to win your support and your business.

This is your opportunity to vent. Let us know what you want.

We as a small company will do whatever it takes, within reason.

I
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

What's your thoughts on curved belts?
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

AZ;

Curved belts break in a few days faster but you pay extra for them for that luxury . But all belts will break in with the curve. They will contour to your body in a very short period. Take a look in your closet and I would suggest that you will not find a straight belt in your collection. They have all contoured to your body.
    NRA Member
    Semper Fi

What is the best gun belt for the money?
    For my money it's Beltman.

kpw
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC111 View Post
    I've been following this thread for a while now, since we are in the gun belt business. I read alot of different opinions of what we like and what we don't like.

Obliviously, we want to please our customers. So what can A&G Custom Leather do for you that others will not or cannot do to please you. In your opinion, what can we do to improve our offering to you. Whether it be quality, pricing, delivery or styles, ect.

What would you like to see from us. We will do, within our capabilities whatever it takes to win your support and your business.

I doubt your going to hear any negatives about the way you run your business or your products in general as I've heard nothing but praise for either. I do have a couple of minor grievances that plague me with most belt maker's products. The distance of the keeper from the buckle and the length of the tongue being a bit too long. I wear a bunch of different makes of jeans & pants and most belts from different makers have the keeper so far from the buckle that it hits the first belt loop causing me to have to wear it off center. Maybe it's my waist size (34/35) but it bugs the crap out of me.
    "In a republic this rule ought to be observed: that the majority should not have the predominant power." -
    -- Marcus Tullius Cicero

So what can A&G Custom Leather do for you that others will not or cannot do to please you. In your opinion, what can we do to improve our offering to you. Whether it be quality, pricing, delivery or styles, ect.

I'd personally like an option to have a nickel tip and keeper as well as more options in the buckle dept. I know it is offered on the dress belt on your site, but to have the options on the 1.5'' horse hide (or something similar) would be nice. JMO. Thanks!
    "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty"
    -Wendell Phillips

Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap nor easy conquest.
    -The Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775

Quote Originally Posted by schj98 View Post
    I love my Beltman belt.
    +1 for Beltman

I
    I would like to see some more options for belts with tooling. It seems the better gunbelt makers for the most part just offer plain dress style belts. I like western style tooling such as horse floral and acorns and such. Maybe even the option to have your name stamped on your belt. Thanks for your concern to please your customers.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

I got a couple of the A&G 1.5" belts a week or two ago, and they are excellent. I bought the fast-ship ones and recommend them highly. Very quick to ship and a very high quality belt. Nice guy, too.

Gentlemen thanks for your comments. Let me address a few, if I may.

After the 1st of the year we are going to re-do and up date our website. At that time we will offer several sterling silver 3 piece sets for 1 1/2" belts. More embossing patterns and a couple of things that are still on the table, being worked on. Also we are bringing in the black Powder Coated buckles. Those should be in next week, hopefully.

KPW: The distance of the keeper from the buckle and the length of the tongue should be discussed with your maker at the time you place the order. As far as I know, there is no standard for these measurements. But I certainly can understand your frustration.

Wormy: Belt tooling is a true art. And I hate to say - one that is fast becoming a thing of the past. There are some great guys, out there, who do outstanding work but they are becoming harder to find. I've tried it, but realized quickly, that I do not have the skill to produce a near quality product.

These guys are true artist and when you find one - keep them in your roladex.
    NRA Member
    Semper Fi

Distinguished Member
    Gentlemen thanks for your comments. Let me address a few, if I may.

After the 1st of the year we are going to re-do and up date our website. At that time we will offer several sterling silver 3 piece sets for 1 1/2" belts. More embossing patterns and a couple of things that are still on the table, being worked on. Also we are bringing in the black Powder Coated buckles. Those should be in next week, hopefully.

KPW: The distance of the keeper from the buckle and the length of the tongue should be discussed with your maker at the time you place the order. As far as I know, there is no standard for these measurements. But I certainly can understand your frustration.

Wormy: Belt tooling is a true art. And I hate to say - one that is fast becoming a thing of the past. There are some great guys, out there, who do outstanding work but they are becoming harder to find. I've tried it, but realized quickly, that I do not have the skill to produce a near quality product.

These guys are true artist and when you find one - keep them in your roladex.

Oooh, I was going to order a second belt but maybe I'll wait. :)

I've got a cross-breed gun belt and I love it, had it for a little over a year, worth every penny.
    Vermont does not issue Permit/Licenses to Carry a Concealed firearm. Vermont allows anyone
    who can legally own a firearm to carry it concealed without a permit of any kind.

^^Mind reader^^ Thanks Al!
    "Eternal Vigilance is the Price of Liberty"
    -Wendell Phillips

Men trained in arms from their infancy, and animated by the love of liberty, will afford neither a cheap nor easy conquest.
    -The Declaration of the Continental Congress, July 1775

Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 LastLast

Links