Best Gun Belt for the Money - Page 9

Best Gun Belt for the Money

This is a discussion on Best Gun Belt for the Money within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; SuperBIO Indestructible Belt...

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Best Gun Belt for the Money

VIP Member
    I have an elephant 1.5 inch Beltman and I do like it. However, after all the sizing considerations I still ended up with an inch shy from optimal. Whatever you think you need is likely to be too short, so add, add, add, another inch or two! I'm a 33 waist and I have a 36-inch Beltman. This thing will be handed down to my skinny-ass son much sooner than expected. Oh well, my next copy will be a 38-incher'. If this all sounds crazy just remember I warned you.
    ironmike86 likes this.
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Quote Originally Posted by Maniac3177 View Post
    A Better Belt USA

Here is a company located in Houston that makes the double layer belt as well as a double layer with kydex liner for a very good price. I have used this belt for about a year now and love it more and more
    Plus 1 on A Better Belt USA
    The Second Amendment is clear, concise, and not open to interpretation.

For the Beltman...

With or Without velcro inside?

I just ordered one from an individual that makes them and they look very nice, he charges $55 to your door. Here are the pics he sent me, I can't wait to get it and the White Hat Maxtuck holster I am ordering tomorrow.
    "Government exists to protect us from each other. Where government has gone beyond its limits is in deciding to protect us from ourselves."--Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by longhornfan6 View Post
    I just ordered one from an individual that makes them and they look very nice, he charges $55 to your door. Here are the pics he sent me, I can't wait to get it and the White Hat Maxtuck holster I am ordering tomorrow.
    I have one of these and LOVE it. Great belt, very high quality, I recommend it.
    "This year will go down in history. For the first time, a civilized nation has full gun registration. Our streets will be safer, our police more efficient, and the world will follow our lead into the future!" - Adolph Hitler, German Chancellor 1933

I have one from Beltman and one from A&G Gun Leather. They are both horse hide. I would say the workmanship is similar in quality. The Beltman belt is only horse hide on the outside and is not nearly as stiff as the A&G. I don't remember exactly but Beltman took 6 or 7 weeks to get my belt to me. Al at A&G had my belt in my hands in 3 weeks. I think the service at A&G is just a little better and much more personal. A&G sent me a spare Chicago screw with my belt for example. A nice touch and doesn't break the bank. I may never need the Chicago screw but that little bag with a not from Al on it was a surprise I didn't expect. When I called to check on my order at Beltman after it was 2 weeks later than they told me it would be I was told they were busy and I would get my belt eventually. Maybe I caught him on a bad day but I didn't care for his attitude and lack of concern that they wouldn't even be close to shipping on time.

They are both good functioning belts. I wear 1 1/4" belts with shirt tucked and a full size 1911. I see no sag or movement when walking or running.

VIP Member
    Hi Jim5513,
    The Beltman operation is small and though I had a pleasant conversation with him, things did get a little confusing. I'm still not sure I received the color we talked about but what I did receive was fine. The 1-1/2" elephant belt isn't really all that thick and that was a nice surprise! Much thinner than the cow/horse belt photos on his website. Looks a lot more like a premo dress belt and the quality is higher than I expected. Now that I have one to judge from, I will order another one or two in different colors. Also, I now know what to expect in terms of size, feel and comfort. Likewise, I think ordering strictly by his website will avoid any future missteps. NO regrets.

Dan
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Hello Saber,
    I ordered my first belt from beltman and had considered ordering a black elephant belt after I saw the first one. I just went in a different direction due to the service I received. Elephant is a great material that seems to never break down or wear out. I had a pair of boots that I wore for at least 10 years. The belts I have are both very high quality craftsmanship and I have no complaints with that for sure. As you say though the horse belts I have are two layers of leather and they are thick but not to the point that it's an issue for me. I did have a concern with the thickness of the A&G belt but called Al and he told me to try one and if I didn't like it he would take it back. He knew what he was doing cause now that I have have it I am not giving it up.

Etsy.com has a vendor with a great gun belt. New and abused leather. I bought a second one 37.99 and 5.35 shipping two layers of leather double stitched and the buckle is screw connected and has a heavy duty roller. Comes in tobacco brown or black your choice double or single stitch.

I can't believe nobody has mentioned the Ares Ranger Belt. Extremely stiff. You have to thread the belt thru blue jeans before putting them on. I haven't worn it with an OWB holster yet.

Ranger Belt - $79.99 : Ares Gear

Another vote for A Better Belt USA.

High Noon.......

A&G Custom Gun Leather

I lurked and read as many posts as I could about buying a gun belt. I made a decision based upon what people said about the maker more than what they said about his products. I ended up sending an email because I wasn't sure how to order the options I wanted, and even though it was Sunday, the owner called me on the phone - o'course it was after he and the missus got home from church (he's from Georgia - they do a lot of church going in Georgia... :-} And after he waded through my war stories, he got down to figuring me out.

He was real gentle in finding out that I hadn't bought a custom belt before and he did some educating, offered a few professional opinions and in a short while he had the belt I needed spec'd out to a "T".

Today, I received a pair of belts from A&G Custom Gun Leather in Georgia, the wait was certainly worth it - WOW!!! These things are beautiful!

I ended up with a 1 1/2 inch, double-stitched bull hide and its mate with single stitching in horse hide. I took pictures but they stink, you'll just have to visit his website. I am wearing the double stitch because it matches my holster and dang if it doesn't tuck my full-size, 42 ounce, Sig Stainless in close to my side. Nope, it didn't make my 65 year-old love handles go away but the pistol's silhouette is pert near gone. I sure wish I'd bought these things 10 years ago

The best gun belts yet made by anyone were from Jerry Bissell. Those who found him were rewarded with belts that made all of the others inadequate. I've tried them all....

Jerry has recently retired but his nephew has taken over the business and I can happily report that the quality is the just the same. His website is: Armour Belts.

Try these belts. You'll curse the day you ever bought from anyone else. I've tried all the makers you listed and many others.
    Mikedare likes this.

Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Links