Holster Search - Page 2

Holster Search

This is a discussion on Holster Search within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I just received this Lobo rear clip for my P2000...rides nice and close and doesn't shift around...this one was a test model so the leather ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Holster Search

Senior Member Array LoveLeather's Avatar
    I just received this Lobo rear clip for my P2000...rides nice and close and doesn't shift around...this one was a test model so the leather is not polished and the clip may be slightly different than production...

If printing is your main problem try wearing the holster at different positions and different cover garments. I pull forward on my holster to get a little more cant. What part of the gun is printing? What are you wearing when printing? When just wearing just a "T" shirt I have be carefull with holster position. I have to find the happy medium or either the bottom of the grip or the top of the slide will print. Sometimes when I think I am printing I will have the wife check and she can't see any printing. Sometimes we reach back with our hand and attempt to feel for printing. That does not work.
    The closest thing I have to your setup is a fullsize G22 and a Cozy Partner. I just spent a week visiting a sick family member in Jacksonville, FL. Eating out every meal, shopping when not at the hospital and driving 550 miles one way to get there. I decided to carry the G22 in a Cozy Partner rather than a gun that easier to conceal. It worked out well for me and I was soaking wet from rain much of the time.
    Just have to accept the fact that when we choose to carry a large blocky, high capacity gun we have to be a little more carefull with position and shirt size. If my shirt is tight around my belly it is going to print. I go with larger shirts than I really need.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

I would secure the 'good' belt prior to any other holster purchases. You'll be surprised the difference that a good holster can make.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

VIP Member
    S. Florida, north of the Miami mess, south of the Mouse trap
    I also bought an IWB from The Holster Store, for my G30. I got the Pro Carry LT. The HD version is a bit upscsale (reinforced opening, etc.) and the gun rides a bit higher than the LT. I don't concern myself about "one-handed reholstering" because I feel if I have to draw, I'm in no hurry to reholster and can use two hands. If you want your gun to sit lower, the LT may work best.

My body shape is like yours (even more so). I wear it at 3:30-4:00. I should have ordered the fwd cant, would have concealed slightly better, but that was my mistake. I think they use a Glock in every example of their holsters, but they fit many models. It's worth taking a look.

http://www.theholsterstore.net/servlet/StoreFront
    Retired USAF E-8. Lighten up and enjoy life because:
    Paranoia strikes deep, into your heart it will creep. It starts when you're always afraid... "For What It's Worth" Buffalo Springfield

http://www.crossbreedholsters.com The SuperTuck is a must have.

However, if you want leather, definitely try out Pure Kustom.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I really like my 2 Silent Thunder holsters. They are soft leather lined Kydex and very adjustable and cost under $100. Check them out in my signature links below.

If your problem is that the gun rides too high, you might want to try out an adjustable height holster. I'm thinking CompTac MTAC or CTAC.
    If handguns cause crime, mine are deffective - Ted Nugent

Iv'e been looking for a Milt sparks Summer Special 2 for my 1911 but I refuse to wait the 6-10 month's for it from Sparks & I will not deal with E BAY & their bidding Stuff etc. Brownell's are out of stock on them, & I do not know anywhere else that carries them other than the above ?

JD
    Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by DIRTY HARRY View Post
    Iv'e been looking for a Milt sparks Summer Special 2 for my 1911 but I refuse to wait the 6-10 month's for it from Sparks & I will not deal with E BAY & their bidding Stuff etc. Brownell's are out of stock on them, & I do not know anywhere else that carries them other than the above ?
    Check with Lightning Arms Sports, they still have some Sparks holsters but they are ceasing to be a stocking dealer for them.

Tomorrow, I'm going to call The Belt Man and get me a good gun belt ordered. Right now the Isotope 7, Crossbreed Supertuck, and the MTAC are leading my list of holsters. I have to admit, that when my money is better, I'm going to have to order me the Special Ops Pro. That thing is super sweet!!!! Once I have a free $175, I'm going to pull the trigger on one.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
    Tomorrow, I'm going to call The Belt Man and get me a good gun belt ordered. Right now the Isotope 7, Crossbreed Supertuck, and the MTAC are leading my list of holsters. I have to admit, that when my money is better, I'm going to have to order me the Special Ops Pro. That thing is super sweet!!!! Once I have a free $175, I'm going to pull the trigger on one.
    Thanks Illusive Man, The Special Ops Pro is 170.00 It is from what I have heard from my customers the most versatile IWB holster they have ever owned. You can carry it from 9:00 to 5:30 with a strong right hand carry.

If I could afford too, I would order one tomorrow. They are functional art. I save up for everything else, so it will be with this.

I am also a little thick in the midsection and IWB is not the most comfortable for me. Having said that, I have both the CTAC and MTAC for my Glock 26. Both are comfortable to carry, but I find myself carrying the CTAC a little more often. They are both nice because you can adjust the level at which they ride

Try this combo http://www.looperlawenforcement.com/...ster-belt.html and http://www.purekustomholsters.com/ about the same money for a great belt and 2 excellent holsters in 1.

I ordered a belt from The Beltman on yesterday and look forward to getting it. Jim is a great guy and I feel confident that the belt will be all that he says. I look forward to having a decent belt to start with. You guys are great with the advice and knowledge. I really like the fact that you are so willing to share with a noob.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links