Holster Search

Holster Search

This is a discussion on Holster Search within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm looking for a good IWB holster for my XD40 service. I just recently received a DeSantis Cozy Parter. This is a great holster, but ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Holster Search

Unhappy Holster Search

I'm looking for a good IWB holster for my XD40 service. I just recently received a DeSantis Cozy Parter. This is a great holster, but I still print. I know that part of this is because I need to purchase a good gun belt. Another problem is that I'm finding that how well a holster conceals depend on your body type. I'm 5'7" tall with quite a stomach (232lbs). The problem with the Cozy Partner is that it rides high on my belt. If the holster sat another 1.5 inches lower it would conceal perfectly. I just don't have the finances to keep spending big money on holsters trying to find the one that fits. Do any of you short, portly guys have any good suggestions for an IWB that sits the weapon lower on the belt line. I already have one that I paid $80 for that is a good holster, just not for my body type.

http://www.purekustomholsters.com/
    black ops pro Rocky will fix all your ailments.

OUCH!! What a price. I was trying to stay in the $100-$125 range, but thank you for that suggestion. I want some more input, but this is an option (just need to save up more cash).

Quote Originally Posted by Illusive Man View Post
    OUCH!! What a price. I was trying to stay in the $100-$125 range, but thank you for that suggestion. I want some more input, but this is an option (just need to save up more cash).
    yeah it is pricey but it is 2 holster in 1 and the quality is OUTSTANDING!!

I'm admiring them now. Looks like they have a pretty long turnaround (but I see that most custom holster makers do). I'm a real sucker for beautiful leather craftsmanship.

Try the Mtac by Comp-tac.

I'm looking for a good IWB holster for my XD40 service. I just recently received a DeSantis Cozy Parter. This is a great holster, but I still print. I know that part of this is because I need to purchase a good gun belt. Another problem is that I'm finding that how well a holster conceals depend on your body type. I'm 5'7" tall with quite a stomach (232lbs). The problem with the Cozy Partner is that it rides high on my belt. If the holster sat another 1.5 inches lower it would conceal perfectly. I just don't have the finances to keep spending big money on holsters trying to find the one that fits. Do any of you short, portly guys have any good suggestions for an IWB that sits the weapon lower on the belt line. I already have one that I paid $80 for that is a good holster, just not for my body type.
    Don't get too uptight about things. Have you tried working with the holster you've already got? Position may be one thing to look at. Got to keep an open mind AND be versatile with CC. Printing with an XD? I could see that actually with anyone.......(okay...just kidding)....well, folks talk about Glocks being a "brick" in the pants. Anyway....yes....physical attributes play an important role in everything. Holster choice, pistol choice, and position. I'm one of those who dislikes spending money where it won't count. I'm not familiar with the holster you have, and I can't quite picture you from your description (even though I have a general idea). It's what you're willing to do in order to make the holster (and the pistol you have) work for you instead of worrying about why it doesn't at this time.
    What's your favorite carry position with the holster you now have? We want to work with your pistol of choice since you've chosen it for a reason. Everything else is secondary at this point. Will your holster work in other positions with your pistol? What is your comfort zone with what you have now (pistol and holster)? Can you get out of your comfort zone on a whim? Stomach....gut, whatever you want to call it. It either works for you or against you....and right now you shouldn't think either. Carrying a defensive firearm involves you. Like I've said before, it's a life change basically that many are not ready for nor willing to accept what they may need to do in order to be ready, willing, and able to defend themselves in this increasingly evil world. Once you think about the options available to you with what you already have, you'll be taking a step outside the box. Your carry pistol and holster don't make you. What you make of your carry pistol and holster do. If you can't find the will and the way, you'll have to go to step #2.

The holster I have rides high (I have a short torso). When experimenting with positions, I found that if it sat lower it would be perfect. As it stands I have to reach up kinda high to draw the weapon. I'm planning in purchasing a gun belt before I purchase anotherh holser, because my current belt tends to bend and hold the weapon close to my body (which is also a problem).

The holster I have rides high (I have a short torso). When experimenting with positions, I found that if it sat lower it would be perfect. As it stands I have to reach up kinda high to draw the weapon. I'm planning in purchasing a gun belt before I purchase another holster, because my current belt tends to bend and hold the weapon close to my body (which is also a problem).

A good belt? Of course that's going to help. Reach kind of high? How about leaning over to the weak side when drawing? That might shorten things up a bit. We're field engineering on the go here. Real engineers know that fractions of an inch count.

I'll give that a shot. Thank you guys for all the help.

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jbum View Post
    yeah it is pricey but it is 2 holster in 1 and the quality is OUTSTANDING!!
    Thanks JBUM, My ears were ringing. lol

Like some of the other posts have mentioned: Check with Rocky at Pure Kustoms & get your self a good quality gun belt. You won't be sorry and you will have a system that will work for years.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ABC111 View Post
    Like some of the other posts have mentioned: Check with Rocky at Pure Kustoms & get your self a good quality gun belt. You won't be sorry and you will have a system that will work for years.
    He makes great gun belts. I refer my customers that need a good leather gun belt to him.

I just bought a left handed (I am right handed) IWB clip on holster for my M&P from a place called the holster store. Good quality leather, molded to the gun with a heavy single clip. I bought it to carry near the small of my back (I am kinda built like you) and so far it's extremely comfortable, easy to draw (was tight at first but I worked it in a bit) and drops low enough to conceal easily.
    I spent a wopping 45 bucks to (included the addition of a slide guard and shipping). They also have the ability to add forward (15 degree I think) or rearward cant. Check them out online. theholterstore.com I bought the Pro Carry HD model for my M&P9c. It gives me another option other then my belt holster and my Cross Breed Supertuck.

VIP Member
    If funds are an issue, try the Kholster. I have 3 and they are very easy to carry, highly adjustable and ultra comfortable. http://www.kholster.com
    It's the Land of Opportunity, not the Land of Entitlements - Vote America!!!

"When governments fear the people there is liberty. When the people fear the government there is tyranny." Thomas Jefferson

You are only paranoid until you are right - then you are a visionary.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links