ok time to make a choice

This is a discussion on ok time to make a choice within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Iv gain a liitle wieght. So the way i see it i got 3 way i can hadle this buy bigger pants,buy slim carry gun ...

Thread: ok time to make a choice

ok time to make a choice

Iv gain a liitle wieght. So the way i see it i got 3 way i can hadle this buy bigger pants,buy slim carry gun or join a gym.I am printing really bad when i wear my jeans. Im thing this is a good reason to go gun shoping lol

2. Remove Ads

Bigger pants, larger shirt, OWB holster...pick any two!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

How bigga boy are ya!! I am 6'-3" 240# and went to larger trousers. I found some denim jeans that has elastic at each hip. Works great for IWG carry and still fits when not carrying. My Glock G22 and CBST are comfortable to carry, especially since I got the new 1 1/2" to support the holster more firmly. I can wear a larger shirt tucked in or out with this rig and it does not print Good luck.... and new jeans are less expensive than new guns. LOL
    Glock G22 .40 Cal.
    SA 1911 A-1 .45 ACP

Distinguished Member
    My solution would be:

First, bigger pants. Walmart or those Costco jeans for $12. This would help out right now so I could still carry.

Second, OWB holster or if I would still want IWB go for even bigger pants.

Third, change diet. Eat different, eat less. Lower fat, lower carb. The Subway sandwich diet would work for me if I did not cook. I would rather do this any day than go to some sweaty gym. Going to the gym just makes me hungrier.

Good luck. Nothing is worse than a gun in annoyingly tight jeans. Ouch.

What's your current concealed carry sidearm? If it, and your holster, were working for you already, just buy some bigger clothes, and a bigger belt, to fit your bigger body, and drive on, as per usual. If you just need an excuse to go buy a new gun, well, it IS September, after all.
    Under the sword lifted high, there is Hell, making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of Bliss.

~ Miyamoto Musashi

Im not a big guy.I just need to go a 34 size and watch what i eat. If i go buy another gun ill lose wieght because my wife would boycott cooking. lol

Senior Member Array Pure Kustom's Avatar
    ok I got a three way. This blonde and brunet...ops sorry wrong 3 way. I have 3 questions.

#1 what gun / a different gun can make a difference.
    #2 what holster / The right holster can make or break carrying and concealing well.
    #3 how big? / Unhealthy big is not a good thing. loosing the weight can make carrying easier and living longer. It's harder to do, but worth it.
    Last edited by Pure Kustom; September 7th, 2010 at 02:52 AM.

GM
    Quote Originally Posted by alafan View Post
    Iv gain a liitle wieght. So the way i see it i got 3 way i can hadle this buy bigger pants,buy slim carry gun or join a gym.I am printing really bad when i wear my jeans. Im thing this is a good reason to go gun shoping lol
    I should say join a gym and eventually get a slim gun. Actually, you do not even need to join a gym, just power walk a few miles every day. If you buy bigger pants you won’t be able to wear them after losing weight, but you can always continue carrying the slim gun. Moreover, after loosing weight you will feel much better; remember that the easiest way is not always the best way.
    "The Second Amendment: America's Original Homeland Security"

Exercise more and if you really want to lose weight I suggest removing sugar from your diet, or at least limiting it.

Distinguished Member Array PastorPack's Avatar
    Change your diet--better for your health and cheaper that the other options.
    God is love (1 John 4:8)

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by alafan View Post
    I recommend doing all three of them. Buy a slim carry gun (Walther PPS, Ruger LCP, J Frame, Glock 26 or Kel-Tec PF9), get bigger or baggy pants (try wearing cargo pants by 5.11 tactical) and join a gym to lose some weight. Join the gym to lose some weight for health reasons and not only because your gun is printing. You need to be shape to defend yourself and be healthy!!!

Links