Blackhawk Serpa level 2 Holster Question

This is a discussion on Blackhawk Serpa level 2 Holster Question within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; One of the retention features are the plastic hooks. Grinding them off makes removal easier, but you lose some retention. I left mine alone and ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Blackhawk Serpa level 2 Holster Question

One of the retention features are the plastic hooks. Grinding them off makes removal easier, but you lose some retention. I left mine alone and just drop trou. The retention features of the Serpa are excellent for a 40 dollar holster

2. Remove Ads

SGT
    I use the paddle option most of the time when using the Serpa. I like it and have had no issues with retention to the body. I think a mistake and a lot of the complaints come from people that don't put in the additional teeth that lock under the belt, or they don't adjust properly. The only way I've been able to pull the paddle loose is by unbuckling the belt and then twisting as I pull it out.

Lead Moderator
    I prefer the paddle as well. There are 2 adjustable belt hooks attached and a third molded hook lower on the paddle. Just remove the third if any.
    "In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock." Thomas Jefferson

Nemo Me Impune Lacesset

My personal preference is the paddle. The reason behind this is that with the paddle attachment the gun feels like it has much more stability on my belt. I have a good heavy leather belt that works very well. But even with this belt, the paddle attachment feels like it holds the gun with much more stability than the belt attachment. And it is every bit as secure as the belt attachment.

In my TN permit class, the instructor was talking about holster selection. He asked another fellow who was helping him to demonstrate why he liked the SERPA so much. He had the paddle attachment on it, showed us how it works and how it grips the belt. The fellow helping had a dummy or "Blue gun" Glock in the holster. The instructor went behind him and tried to just pull the blue Glock out of the holster in a simulated gun grab. He picked the guy up off his feet by the grip of the Blue Glock. It never came out of the SERPA and the SERPA held to the belt like it was sewn there.
    ,=====o00o _
    //___l__,\____\,__
    l_--- \___l---[]lllllll[]
    (o)_)-o- (o)_)--o-)_)

I have the paddle and like the holster just fine but after several years of constant use it has worn the finish off the edges off my G-19 slide much faster than my leather holsters have on my other Glocks. Excellent retention and fast access along with great value.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

Quote Originally Posted by poppy37 View Post
    I just bought a Blackhawk Serpa concealment CQC, , I really like the paddle as well, but I do have a question, somehwere I read something about a "paddle release" the instructions arent that great. is their a way to adjust the ride height? I carry a taurus PT 1911 in mine.
    There's the little claws that would go toward the body you can rotate them 90deg and slide them up and down to suit your belt width.
    Quote Originally Posted by Old School View Post
    I have the paddle and like the holster just fine but after several years of constant use it has worn the finish off the edges off my G-19 slide much faster than my leather holsters have on my other Glocks. Excellent retention and fast access along with great value.
    My G27 rocked around in the holster a little bit, which made a lot of conspicuous noise, a little bit of strategically placed felt scilenced it and I'm hoping it'll reduce the wear over time.

I like the paddle because it feels closer to my body, therefore mentally feeling more secure. The belt loops work out much better when I put the adjustment tab on top the belt instead of under, holding it higher seems to make it more comfortable for me, and fully tightened don't slide up with the weight of the gun like I expected it might, took me months to figure that out but it means I'm willing to put the belt loops on more often.

Glock Certified Armorer

Distinguished Member Array Agave's Avatar
    I wear my Glock 23 in a SERPA from time to time. Most of the time, it is on my police like gunbelt that I wear when I run. In that case, it is on the belt loop platform. I also use that option when I go canoeing. Any other time, it will be on the paddle. The paddle is less secure, but seems to stabilize the gun better.
    The preceding post may contain sarcasm; it's just better that way. However, it is still intended with construction and with the Love of my L-rd Y'shua.

NRA Certified Pistol Instructor, Tennessee Certified Instructor

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links