My DeSantis Cozy Partner is a POS

This is a discussion on My DeSantis Cozy Partner is a POS within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My Cozys Partner is a piece of crap. It doesn't stay in place, it does not allow me to tuck my shirt it and it ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: My DeSantis Cozy Partner is a POS

My DeSantis Cozy Partner is a POS

My Cozys Partner is a piece of crap. It doesn't stay in place, it does not allow me to tuck my shirt it and it is doesn't conceal anything.

What a waste of $70.

While I'm waiting on my VM-2s I think I'll just get a hidden ally. At least it will do its job.

2. Remove Ads

I have a couple of Cozy Partners and am very happy with them. True, they are not a tuckable holster. I don't rely on the Cozy Partner to conceal the handgun, that's what my shirt tail does. I have only tried them for larger handguns, G22 and 1911s. Right now it is the G22. What type of gun are you using it for?
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Administrator
    Wait until you get 25 DefensiveCarry forum posts and then list it for sale at a reduced price on the forum in Members Buy Sell Trade..

Somebody will buy it.

M&P 9c. Yeah, I'm kinda new here. Referred from corvetteforum.com off topic (worlds second leading gun forum) I'll sell it sometime.

Maybe I should reiterate, it's really well made, just not for me. :)

VIP Member Array automatic slim's Avatar
    I know what you mean. Years ago I bought a DeSantis IWB holster. When I received it, I immediately noticed the low quality leather it was made of. After wearing it a few times, the sweat shield curled right up. I scrapped it and bought a Galco.
    "First gallant South Carolina nobly made the stand."
    Edge of Darkness

Administrator
    You'll be happy with a Hidden Ally. Its a best bang for your buck deal for sure.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by NavyC4S View Post
    My Cozys Partner is a piece of crap. It doesn't stay in place, it does not allow me to tuck my shirt it and it is doesn't conceal anything.

What a waste of $70.

While I'm waiting on my VM-2s I think I'll just get a hidden ally. At least it will do its job.
    Here's how your box-o-holsters gets stated.
    Rock and Glock likes this.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

I know how you feel. I just dropped $60 on a Blackhawk Askins for my J-frame; it's very less than stellar. For just a few dollars more, you, (or I ) could get a nice custom holster from one of the many skilled leather guys on this site. I was just impatient, and wanted a holster; right now. Shoulda, woulda, coulda
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

I have a cozy partner, the Milt Sparks Summer Special II is similar but FAAAR better. It stays in place because of the rough side out and the loops are slightly farther apart. The VM II is an awesome holster too, but IMO the SS II is more comfortable. Brownells has them in stock.
    Police Defensive Tactics, Firearms, Carbine Rifle and Taser Instructor
    Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member
    It is better to have your gun and not need it, than to need it and not have it!
    You cannot choose the conditions for a gunfight, so train in all conditions!

Quote Originally Posted by varob View Post
    Here's how your box-o-holsters gets stated.
    I guess so. When my Milt Sparkssssss come in and I pick up a couple Hidden Ally's I'll have 5. It's only my first year of CCDW.

Is the Hidden Impact really a better choice than the Hidden Ally?

I only own one Desantis holster & never thought about buying another one from them ? I think that their quality & customer service has taken a dive within the last 10 yrs. or so, As there are many other fine holster maker's out there, that are more better in quality & pricing than Dessantis has been over the year's.

I have not tried DeSantis. I tried a couple Don Hume IWB hoslters for my S&W 649. The holsters were well made but the fit wasn't right and I was able to get my money back. I've had the best luck with Galco leather. Guess I've been lucky and have been able to avoid the "box -o- holsters" phenomenon (so far).

Granted there are better holsters out there,but my Cozy Partner for my Glock 26 works fine.I put the snaps on a belt loop and the holster stays in place.The biggest shortcoming is re-holstering,DeSantis could have stiffened the leather in that area.
    I paid $40.00 for mine.While I don't use it all the time it's good to have around,for me it does fill a nitch.

I have two Desantis holsters including a Cozy Partner, and it works great for my CW45. I have tried other holsters and the Desantis conceals best for me. I think quality is very good also.

Just saying.

I have a cozy partner...I don't like that it refuses to stay in place and is not tuckable... :/
    Glock 19
    Kahr PM9
    LMT-M4
    Mossberg 590
    Shodan, Jujutsu

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links