OWB carry STX SIlent Thunder pics anyone

This is a discussion on OWB carry STX SIlent Thunder pics anyone within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm purchasing a silent thunder stx OWB for my kimber Pro carry ll. Anyone carry their firearm with this holster and how do you like ...

Thread: OWB carry STX SIlent Thunder pics anyone

OWB carry STX SIlent Thunder pics anyone

I'm purchasing a silent thunder stx OWB for my kimber Pro carry ll.
    Anyone carry their firearm with this holster and how do you like it?
    I carry it in a Don Hume PCCH IWB for now in summer.
    NRA Member
    99 Harley superglide
    Sig P239
    My son is Navy

2. Remove Ads

STX

Hi,

I bought a Silent Thunder STX by Garret Industries through Tucker for my XD45C. I have nothing negative to say about this holster. It rides nice and tight to you body, relatively high with a reasonable cant at 13 degrees. My 45C is only 5" tall, but for a full size 1911 for example (5.5"H gun), I personally would want a little more cant for CC, maybe 15-20 degrees. The workmanship and quality of the holster is great and looks like its going to last a lifetime. I bought the holster for qualification courses and also to carry concealed under heavy sweatshirt-coats. Not the best choice for under a t shirt. For that I would go with IWB. Tucker now offers a version without the body shield. I personally have no preference with a non 1911. 1911 I would probably want one though.

Here are a few pics

Attached Images
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified
    SA XD45C, XD40sc (SA Combat Trigger Job, XS Big Dot Sights)

The #1 goal of police work is to go home at the end of your shift!

WOW...Thanks for the pics as I am really contemplating the purchase of a tucker holster. I haven't really decided between the IWB or OWB but would love to have both. The more pics I see the better I like them.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    WOW...Thanks for the pics as I am really contemplating the purchase of a tucker holster. I haven't really decided between the IWB or OWB but would love to have both. The more pics I see the better I like them.
    No problem, I also bought the Tucker Answer that I use for the XD45C and my 40sc. Outstanding, but I don't know if I would recommend it to any one who needs to lose 30+ lbs. It rides very tight and secure to your side. Feels great to me, but I have a 32.5" waist. I guess that's what makes it very concealable, whether you tuck your t-shirt it or leave it loose. This is with a mid size semi-auto. Quality is incredible. I bought it with the smooth leather lining.

Remember to also buy a good belt. I bought an A&G 1.5" bullhide gun belt, nice belt!

Last edited by ajgranda; September 20th, 2010 at 06:01 PM.
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified

I have a Tucker Silent Thunder IWB for my Glock 30 and a Tucker Cover-Up plus for my Glock 26.
    I like Tucker holsters.

Again...Great looking holsters....thanks. Now I am curious on the comfort difference between the answer and the silent thunder...mmmmmmmm... One would think the answer would spread the weight of a steel 1911 better. I will readily admit that the days of a 32 inch waist are a thing of the past...lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Chief1297 View Post
    I will readily admit that the days of a 32 inch waist are a thing of the past...lol.
    Hahaha. Yeah, that size went away along with the Angels Flight pants...wait...did I say that?!!!

I have been looking into the Tucker ST now for a while. I really like my leather holsters but the ST and Answer look like they would be quicker to put on/take off than the whole threading thing.

Obviously the most comfortable holster would be an OWB such as the STX. For any heavy semi, I would recommend the Answer over the Silent Thunder with one clip. It is not going to shift, will spread out the weight more evenly, so you wont feel the weight as much. When I switch between my 45C and 40sc in the Answer, I can hardly tell the difference. You can always call Rob at Tucker and he will answer your questions. He actually recommended the Anser IWB over the ST IWB for the XD45C. Remember also that with the ST IWB, you are going to have Kydex against your skin and not soft suede like the Answer.

Oh yeah, and that 32" W doesn't come naturally, I wish. I have to kill myself and watch my diet for that. I was almost a 36 no too long ago and that was with routine exercise minus the diet.
    Retired LEO
    H.R.218 Qualified

Links