Got my Andrews MacDaniel II today

This is a discussion on Got my Andrews MacDaniel II today within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I've been searchign for a good holster that will sit well with my 92FS (large gun, I know...I'm a broke student, but this is ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Got my Andrews MacDaniel II today

So I've been searchign for a good holster that will sit well with my 92FS (large gun, I know...I'm a broke student, but this is the weapon I trained with in the Air Force...it's what happens when lack of funds meets the desire to carry).

I contacted a few leather holster makers, including Gary Brommeland about the desire for my weapon placement, and the cant of the weapon. Gary was very helpful in his information, but unfortionatly the only holster I was interested in was going to sit too high. I really had my eye on the Max Con III, as well as a few other leather makers similar models. Galco's Royal Guard also looked nice, but I wasn't able to try it on locally and didn't want to pay for it before I had a chance to try it. I have to say, however, that Gary was extremely helpful and gave an honest assesment of the III.

I decided that the type of holster I wanted wasn't going to be made in the manner I desired. So I kept searching and found Andrews MacDaniel II. I had seen it before, but wasn't too sure about it. So I thought about it for a while, and decided to call him up. I talked to him for a bit about the holster, and he was also a very friendly guy. He told me that the holster would fit my needs as the belt loop was adjustable and he described how it would sit. I went ahead and ordered one. I was still a little uneasy, but decided what the hell.

I ordered the one he had on hand, it was a treated brown leather with a body shield as per his website. I ordered it on Thursday, he was able to fit it to my 92, and have it shipped to me across country (he's in Florida, I'm in Seattle) by today, Wednesday.

I tried it on right away of course, who can keep a new holster aside? It's like being a kid at christmas and knowing you might get a nintendo! I have to say, not only did it fit as described, it fit the weapon better then I had expected, and was more comfortable then I had imagined. I was more then impressed. It even had a small indentation on the body shield for the weapon's safety switch. I didn't even think of that when ordering it.

I have to give a great thanks to Andrews for such a fine product. I am more then happy with my holster, and I hope that (once I graduate!) I am able to order more holsters for various other handguns in the future!

Senior Member Array Ride4TheBrand's Avatar
    I have the same holster for my 3" Kimber.
    As far as I know, I have never been "made".
    "We must remember that one man is much
    the same as another, and that he is best
    who is trained in the severest school."
    ~Thucydides, History of the Peloponnesian War

VIP Member
    I also have a MacDaniel II for my Beretta 92/96 guns....great choice in holsters for that largish blaster.
    USAF: Loving Our Obscene Amenities Since 1947

JD
    Administrator

a helpful link

well after hearing all teh good reviews I figured I'd check out the web site, I figured I'd save a few people the trouble so here it is

http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/products.htm

products look good, looks slimmer than my Royal Guard...

Quote Originally Posted by Bud White

I really love this thing!

And for the curious, I keep that weapon at the angle it is to better conceal it. This was one of the biggest reasons I went with Andrews, as the angle is adjustable.

Very nice rig!!

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Sam is a great guy, I have three MacDanial II holsters and a double shoulder holster from him.

You made a great choice. I know Sam and the quality of his products, so I know you will be exceedingly happy. Incidentally Sam is one of the most, caring, honest, ethical and nice guys I have ever run into in this sport.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence in their behalf. - George Orwell

That's what it sounds like. I made the decision to "just stick with it," after reading numerous reviews on here (which is one of the reasons I checked out Gary's rig first).

So far I've been really happy with it, no complaints at all. The weapon draws smoothly, and it's a piece of cake to reholster if the shirt is moved.

Yup, I've got the McDaniell II for my Commander and it's a nice piece of work. I like about 20 deg of cant and the adjustable capability sold me. Very comfortable all day carry.

BTW he makes a nice taclight holster as well but I don't think he has it on his website. I called him up and had one with a one way snap setup in three weeks for a very good price. He's always a pleasure to deal with.
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

How does The "One" loop hold the holster. I have a 92fs that I've been looking for a holster for. I'm only 5'7" and 140 lbs.

Your Input would be appreciated.

Great holster, many love them. I would like to try one sometime to see for myself.

BigDaddy, The next thing on your list should be a good gun belt.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Quote Originally Posted by Realleycat
    How does The "One" loop hold the holster. I have a 92fs that I've been looking for a holster for. I'm only 5'7" and 140 lbs.

Your Input would be appreciated.
    The one loop actually holds it pretty well. I'm 5'10-11" and 165lbs, and I feel it's fairly stable. I'd been carrying it "mexican style" before the holster arrived, and tried a kydex holster. This one is amazing compared to the other ways I carried and the other holsters I tried on. I was able to keep the weapon where I liked it to be while holsterless, and it was more comfortable. I haven't had to adjust the holster that often, while carrying, since I adjusted the loop. I really think it's a suburb rig.

If I may ask, how have you been carrying it right now? If you take a picture of how you'd like to carry it, maybe I can adjust mine to see if it'll work for you?

And I'm sure you've heard it before...but the 92FS is a large weapon. It's hard to conceal for me, I can't imagine how you're able to do it. But I heard the same stuff too, so anything to help!

@Ti - I'm pretty comfortable with this one, but I'll probably try a gun belt on to see the difference. If it's worth it, I'll definitely take the advice. No point in getting one, imo, if it doesn't make a noticeable difference, ya know?

Quote Originally Posted by BigDaddy5
    @Ti - I'm pretty comfortable with this one, but I'll probably try a gun belt on to see the difference. If it's worth it, I'll definitely take the advice. No point in getting one, imo, if it doesn't make a noticeable difference, ya know?
    If you can borrow a good gun belt from someone and wear it with your new rig for 8 hours, I would be willing to bet you place an order for one the next day. A good belt makes a world of difference. I have a Wilderness 5 stitch and a Beltman leather belt. I couldn't be happier with them.
    People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.
    --GEORGE ORWELL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links