Remora Holster Purchase Experience

This is a discussion on Remora Holster Purchase Experience within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hello Folks, I’ve read several positive reviews about Remora IWB clip-less Holsters on different forums, including a lengthily review by Erich505 on the SIG forum, ...

Thread: Remora Holster Purchase Experience

Hello Folks,

I’ve read several positive reviews about Remora IWB clip-less Holsters on different forums, including a lengthily review by Erich505 on the SIG forum, so I decided to give them a try. I’d been looking for a holster for my SIG P238 for awhile and already tried a handful. The Smart Carry that I purchased worked reasonably well, but I wanted something a little easier to access. We often hear or read about retailers who provide poor customer service so I’d like to share my experience with Remora Holsters.

I decided to order the Remora clip-less IWB model with the extra magazine pouch (#2P) for my P238. The gentleman (Alan) that assisted me was very helpful and the process went smoothly. I received it a few days later and was impressed with the design. I initially tried it on a pair of workout shorts I was wearing. Once positioned IWB it held firmly in place. As expected it was even more secure on a pair of slacks with a belt. The P238 fit perfectly in the holster and covered the trigger guard.

The only thing that felt a little uncomfortable on my small frame (115lb) was the extended area (magazine pouch) of the holster. Had I been a little heavier, with a larger girth, I don’t believe this would have been an issue.

I contacted Alan and asked if I could exchange this model for the model without the magazine pouch (#2). In addition, I requested pricing for a similar holster to fit a Springfield Armory EMP.

Alan replied and provided instructions for exchanging the P238 holster and pricing for the EMP ($24.95) (#12) holster. He mentioned that if I decided to purchase the EMP holster to include a check with P238 holster when I returned it and he would ship both the replacement P238 and EMP holster free (shipping charge). I thought under the circumstances, that was a generous offer.

I returned the P238 holster via US mail on Tuesday and received the replacement P238 holster and EMP holster the following Monday. When I opened the package I was surprised to see a third item in the package. In addition to the two holsters that I requested there was a separate double magazine pouch. For a moment I thought they had mixed up my order and inadvertently included the double magazine pouch however as I went through the paperwork in the package I came upon a letter from Alan thanking me for my order and mentioning that he had included a seperate magazine pouch at no additional cost.

The replacement P238 holster (#2) without the attached magazine pouch fits much better on my small waist. In a pair of slacks with the proper pockets I suspect that you could probably pocket carry. The fit was also very good for the EMP holster, and as a bonus, it also fits a Springfield Armory 1911 Micro Compact .45 ACP with rail that I own as shown in the photos below.

The double magazine pouch appears to be universal. As listed below, I test fit a number of magazines and they all fit the pouch.

Beretta 92 (9mm) Double Stack
    CZ 75 (9mm) Double Stack
    Glock 19 (9mm) Double Stack
    Glock 30 (.45 ACP) Double Stack
    SIG P238 (.380 ACP) Single Stack
    SIG P239 (9mm) Single Stack
    SIG P226 (9mm) Double Stack
    SIG P220 (.45 ACP) Single Stack
    Smith & Wesson M&P 9C (9mm) Double Stack
    Springfield Armory 1911EMP (9mm) Single Stack
    Springfield Armory 1911 (.45 ACP) Single Stack
    Springfield Armory XD 9SC (9mm) Double Stack

In addition to holding an extra magazine the pouch can hold a knife or flashlight.

SIG Sauer P238 (.380 ACP) Sub-Compact

Springfield Armory 1911 (9mm) EMP

Springfield Armory 1911 (.45 ACP) Micro Compact w/rail

Glock 19 Magazine & Knife

Springfield Armory 1911 EMP 9mm Magazine & Stryker Maglight

If you’re looking for an inexpensive well designed IWB clip-less holster and a company that provides excellent customer service you may want to check out the product line at Remora Holsters.

EAJ

I got my two Remoras last week as well: #2a for my .380s and #6 for my Glocks. Most comfortable holster option I've ever tried, they even seem to mold to the gun after a while. Amazing how well they work in drawstring gym shorts! Didn't get a mag holder (didn't need one) but they do appear to be just as comfortable.

Remora Holsters

It's great to hear that you both are happy with your Remoras.. We insist that all of our customers are happy, and will do what is necessary to insure that. Remember also that not only do we have holsters to fit almost any handgun, we back each and every one with an unconditional LIFETIME guarantee!! We also do a large number of the central and southern Florida Gun Shows, so if you are in the area...stop in and say hi.

Thank you for all of your kind words of praise!!

Will

We will be at the Tampa gun show on 10/15 and 16, Miami on 10/22 and 23, Ft. Pierce on 10/29 and 30, Lakeland on 11/5 and 6 and West Palm Beach on 11/12 and 13.

VIP Member Array Civil_Response's Avatar
    I'll add that the customer service is top notch, although the holster didn't work out well for me they accepted the return no questions asked. Top quality product and top people to deal with, two thumbs up!

I was looking for an affordable way to try IWB. I didn't want to spend $75 or more to find out I didn't like it.
    Bought the Remora and now I don't have to buy anything else since I can't imagine I will find anything more comfortable or versatile.

Quote Originally Posted by will.remora View Post
    It's great to hear that you both are happy with your Remoras.. We insist that all of our customers are happy, and will do what is necessary to insure that. Remember also that not only do we have holsters to fit almost any handgun, we back each and every one with an unconditional LIFETIME guarantee!! We also do a large number of the central and southern Florida Gun Shows, so if you are in the area...stop in and say hi.

Thank you for all of your kind words of praise!!

Will

We will be at the Tampa gun show on 10/15 and 16, Miami on 10/22 and 23, Ft. Pierce on 10/29 and 30, Lakeland on 11/5 and 6 and West Palm Beach on 11/12 and 13.
    welcome to the board! glad to see you here. maybe sometime you could make some of the shows around Jacksonville too.

Purchased one for my XDSubcompact 9MM, LOVE IT. Great holster, very comfortable, extremely versatile.

Sponsored Links