Lady Smith Holster Recommendations

This is a discussion on Lady Smith Holster Recommendations within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently obtained my CCW. I plan on carrying a Lady Smith in .357 Is anyone carrying one of these and if so, Id appreciate ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lady Smith Holster Recommendations

Question Lady Smith Holster Recommendations

I recently obtained my CCW. I plan on carrying a Lady Smith in .357

Is anyone carrying one of these and if so, Id appreciate some holster recommendation/s pro or con? I really dont want to carry with a shirt/jacket un-tucked which leads to an IWB type

TIA

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member
    It has seemed to me that so much of what will be comfortable for a person depends on 1) body type, 2) usual and available clothing, and 3) waistband height.

At certain gun stores, you can bring in your carry item and try it in all sorts of holsters. Wear the pants you would normally use as a starting point for carry. Even if the holster is not an exact fit, you can get an idea of the comfort and concealability for different types of holster styles.

Another idea is to wear your new holster to a thrift or resale shop, and pick up a few "new" items that might be good for concealing. I tried a bunch if different clothing type things that I would not normally purchase...but for a bargain it was worth trying. Several worked out GREAT and I am still using them or I have bought new ones in the same style but better color or patterns.

Search for Limatunes posts or google her on utube for the treasure trove of ideas.

Good luck.

ladysmith357;

A couple of things. #1 You've got your hands full with the 357 LS. I have a friend that carries one and fast moved to a 38+P in it.. I don't know what holster she used.
    #2 My wife carries a S&W Airweight in one of mine, similar to an Alessi CQC/s. Easy on and off when she needs to.

Good luck and watch that recoil.
    NRA Member
    Certified Firearms Instructor
    Semper Fi

Distinguished Member Array alachner's Avatar
    First of all, congratulations on choosing to get firearms training and your CCW permit!!! I wish my wife would follow your example and carry a defensive weapon...I'm working on it!!! I want to give her a pink lady smith in .38+p or a Ruger LCP but she is not fond of firearms.

My first recommendation would be to train, train and train with your LS .357 as the recoil is very harsh and you need to practice with your new weapon to get accurate and be able to use it in a defensive situation. The best way to carry a concealed weapon, in my opinion, is an inside the waistband holster. If this is not an option for you due to comfort, dress style or personal taste, then you may also carry it in a fanny pack, an ankle holster, a pocket holster or in your purse. FYI, they make special purses designed to have a concealed weapons ready to be drawn instantly. My advice is to dress around your weapon and not adjust your weapon to your dress style. Also, I agree with ABC111 in that the .357 caliber is a handful. You might want to check if it also shoots the .38+ caliber and use that with JHP ammo. If you can handle that caliber, more power to you!

BTW, I also have a snub nose revolver and I carry it in a Desantis Nemesis Pocket Holster, a Fobus Ankle Holster or a Galco Summer Comfort IWB holster depending on my dress style and occasion. For example, if I'm headed to work I use the pocket or ankle holster but if I'm in the beach wearing shorts or wearing casual clothes in the City then I use the IWB holster. I believe you chose the best defensive weapon in terms of concealment, reliability and stopping power. I suggest you look into purchasing a speed loader or speed strips for quick reloading and extra ammo as well as a crimson trace laser grip to improve accuracy.

Is this what you got?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ladysmith357 View Post
    I recently obtained my CCW. I plan on carrying a Lady Smith in .357

Is anyone carrying one of these and if so, I’d appreciate some holster recommendation/s – pro or con? I really don’t want to carry with a shirt/jacket un-tucked which leads to an IWB type

TIA
    I'm looking at some things that have been recommended to women and what my wife likes.

Galco, Ankle Glove - ankle carry.
    Galco - Contour Belts - Recommended
    Ladies Protection - purses
    Secure Purse - purses
    The Concealment Shop?
    Kramer Handgun Leather
    Coronado Leather - Purses?
    Belly bands?
    Ted Blocker Holsters, LFI - Recommended
    If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

Chick Holsters

SmartCarry

Guns4Gals

Good info here:
    Cornered Cat

I recommend staying away from off-body carry, such as purse or bag of some type.
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Distinguished Member Array Diddle's Avatar
    I got a nice holster from Tagua Gun Leather that is fairly inexpensive and built extremely well. It is an outside waistband holster, however. They do have some IWB offering too. I flip from IWB to OWB depending on what I carry and mode of dress.

I noticed a lot of professional women buying the SmartCarry. I guess it works well with a skirt?

There are a wealth of choices out there. Sadly, finding the right one is often trail and error.

And congratulations on obtaining your license. I wish all women would do the same. The world is not what it once was.

Best!
    Diddle
    Indusrtrial Machine Tool Technician - Certified Refrigeration Technician - CET
    NRA Life Member

Distinguished Member
    I have one of those Guns4Gals bra holsters, and it is really ideal for that type of gun. Amazingly comfortable and accessible. Plus it gives you a little lift if you know what I mean.

If you get one made, have her do something other than white straps. I wish mine were black, the white just does not blend in with any of my other stuff.

I believe that the Lady Smith is really an upgraded Model 60 and to that end I am showing a pic of my 3" Mod. 60 in a Simply Rugged Silver Dollar Loaded.

The OP mentioned that she did not want to wear her rig OWB. The pic shows my preference, which is an OWB, but the holster also comes with straps which allow it to be easily worn IWB. Also the shell loops are an option. Great holster and great combo.
    GOOD SHOOTING
    ALWAYS PROTECT YOUR VISION AND HEARING
    De gustibus non est disputandem

Quote Originally Posted by alachner View Post
    Is this what you got?

Nope

Here 'tis...

Red face

Wow - what a response!

First of all, thank you all for the information

Secondly, Im not a female Evidently, I shouldve used a different user name. Sorry about the confusion

Distinguished Member Array 21bubba's Avatar
    Wow - what a response!

Secondly, I’m not a female Evidently, I should’ve used a different user name. Sorry about the confusion
    So I guess you're ruling out the bra holster?

VIP Member
    Wow - what a response!

Secondly, I’m not a female Evidently, I should’ve used a different user name. Sorry about the confusion
    Not a problem, It buffed right out.

If you understand, things are just as they are... If you do not understand, things are just as they are....
    - Zen Saying

bugslife_1shTSRLady.jpg

woops!

I still recommend the SmartCarry, or try one of these Remora No Clip holsters
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

If you want to carry without having a cover garment, not only do you rule out most IWB but all OWB. I am guessing that you should take a look at Crossbreed. You will most likely end up with a couple of holsters for different types of carry. You will have a favorite, but it might not work in all situations.
    Good people do not need laws to tell them to act responsibly, while bad people will find a way around laws. Plato

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links