Gunbelt?

This is a discussion on Gunbelt? within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Do you all think one of the don hume velcro closing belt will hold good enough?I 've always used the type that has the buckles ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunbelt?

Gunbelt?

Do you all think one of the don hume velcro closing belt will hold good enough?I 've always used the type that has the buckles on it.I am thinking about ordering one. Thanks. sj

2. Remove Ads

Not sure about the Don Hume belt but I'd go with a Wilderness nylon, velcro gun belt instead for just a bit more.

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

+1 for the wilderness.
    XD9 Service
    Bersa 380 Thunder
    Taurus 605
    ...a few others

Texas XD Practical Shooters Association

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar
    I have found velcro ok for an under belt for duty belt uses , but have found that if worn alone the velcro wont hold up over the long haul , for the price of a ccw useable belt honestly i would go with a conventional buckle style .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .
    We only begin to understand folks after we stop and think .

Criminals are looking for victims, not opponents.

Thanks a lot guys,I appreciate the answers.I have been doing a lot of searching for a good belt on the internet but haven't found one yet.I would like to keep the price under$60 if possible.I found one at rafter but they say an 8 to 10 week turnaround. sj

Sjones , i note your in waxahachie , so check your yellow pages , and if not there check DFW area for a saddle shop , tell them you need a heavy contour belt ( a good belt looks like a strung longbow ) and i bet you will find a maker there that will have it within a day or two for that money .

btw how long you lived there ? i used to have an LE friend down there with dps .
    Make sure you get full value out of today , Do something worthwhile, because what you do today will cost you one day off the rest of your life .

Quote Originally Posted by sjones
    Thanks a lot guys,I appreciate the answers.I have been doing a lot of searching for a good belt on the internet but haven't found one yet.I would like to keep the price under$60 if possible.I found one at rafter but they say an 8 to 10 week turnaround. sj
    In that case and if going with a leather belt I would check out the belt man. Awesome belts at a great price and in your price range too that take about 3 weeks to get to your door, can't beat it with a stick.

http://www.thebeltman.net/index.htm

Ti.
    Train and train hard, you might not get a second chance to make a first impression!

I vote for Monica Lewinsky's Ex-Boyfriend's Wife for President.....Not!

Redneck,I just moved here about 3 month's but I've been here many times,my wife's sister lives here and I used to live in houston for 28 years. sj

Ok Sj , never mind then , he was stationed there about 15 years ago or so , i have kinda lost track of him since ( tho i have his dads ranch no in Wichata Falls and i suppose its still good lol )

I have a Rafter S belt. Nice work, great price and they told me the same delivery time but I got it in three weeks. Of course, I might just have been lucky!
    If you stand up and be counted, from time to time you may get yourself knocked down. But remember this: A man flattened by an opponent can get up again. A man flattened by conformity stays down for good. ~ Thomas J. Watson, Jr.

Dog
    You might try one of these.

Looper Leather
    This is there wholesale website (they don't have there retail site up yet) but they do sell retail.

It's a kydex lined leather belt. I havn't used one but they are a nice looking and very stiff belt. A lot of local people rave about them. I think they were around $30 bucks last time I was in there. If they have your size in stock it should ship pretty quick. Usually they have a lot on the rack.
    Last edited by Dog; June 29th, 2006 at 09:41 PM.

Galls catalog has an Akers belt for around $38. I've been using two, one black & one brown. Nice looking dress belts, that also work with jeans. They are leather with a plastic stiffener.
    Common Sense, the rarest of all senses

Thumbs up

I went ahead and bought a nice looking belt from don hume,it has buckle and they had it in stock,got it in about three days.thanks for your time. sj

Quote Originally Posted by Martini13
    Galls catalog has an Akers belt for around $38. I've been using two, one black & one brown. Nice looking dress belts, that also work with jeans. They are leather with a plastic stiffener.
    +1 on Akers - I bought one in Black w/nickel buckle - liked it so much I bought a brown w/brass buckle a week later! Great value! Looks nice with jeans or slacks

I got mine at

www.mypolicestore.com

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Dog
    You might try one of these.

Looper Leather
    This is there wholesale website (they don't have there retail site up yet) but they do sell retail.

It's a kydex lined leather belt. I havn't used one but they are a nice looking and very stiff belt. A lot of local people rave about them. I think they were around $30 bucks last time I was in there. If they have your size in stock it should ship pretty quick. Usually they have a lot on the rack.
    Hello Dog, yes this is an excellent belt, I have used one for a year now, they certainly are a good deal!
    RKBA

John

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links