Brief Remora No Clip Holster review

This is a discussion on Brief Remora No Clip Holster review within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I recently acquired a nice little S&W 442, that I wanted specifically for pocket carry. So, I had to get a new holster for it. ...

Thread: Brief Remora No Clip Holster review

Brief Remora No Clip Holster review

I recently acquired a nice little S&W 442, that I wanted specifically for pocket carry. So, I had to get a new holster for it.

Some time ago, Ram Rod suggested the Remora Holster to me, for another purpose. So, I thought I'd give it a try:

Remora (3).jpg

First off, the holster is too big for the gun. The manufacturer listed the 442/642 to be a size 8C, but it actually fit my Glock 23, better than the snubby. But, this holster is definitely versatile. You can see the rubber, high grip surface; it grabs and doesn't move. This means that it stays in my pocket or waistband, wherever I want.

Remora (11).jpgRemora (7).jpgRemora (16).jpg

I attempted to take a photo of it, while in my pocket:

It doesn't work in my slacks as well, though, because it's slightly large for the pockets.

The versatility of this holster is what is so nice. Especially, if a person doesn't have a lot of money, and they want to experiment with different carry positions. I've worn it IWB at every position, except SOB. It would work SOB, but I just prefer not to carry it that way.

It doesn't matter if you're left or right-handed. Doesn't matter what cant you prefer, or whether you want the handle of the pistol toward you, or away from you. And it rides tight, no moving, no wiggling

I'm highly pleased with the price and performance of this holster. The only thing is that the size is a little off. But, since it fits my Glock, I'll just buy a slightly smaller one, then I'll just be stuck with two
    Attached Images
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

2. Remove Ads

I've got 3 of their products, one for a 5" 1911, one for a G17 (fits my Ruger P345 very nicely as well), and a double mag pouch. Overall, I think they're a great value for the money, and it always surpises people when I show them it can even be reholstered one-handed.

My only real complaint is that I wish they had a sweatshield. I can't always justify wearing 2 shirts in the southern heat, and if I don't parts of the gun do come in contact with my skin.

Oh, and I'm a fan of theirs on Facebook too.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Nice review. Glad I didn't steer you totally wrong. Versatile? You bet! The size and the specifics is what they need to work on for sure. One step at a time, and I've had a lot of requests for information from the forum, and the manufacturer, and to be totally honest, I'm working with them to make somewhat less generic holsters and more specific holsters. My number one concern at this time is getting the baby Glock holster to specs. I started giving my input on this several months ago. There was a bit of a loss in partnership or corporate details that I won't explain, and they are just now regaining ground. Alan (the owner and founder of Remora holsters) is working with me diligently (or I'm working with him to offer the best) and as time allows (both of us are busy folks). I've stated the fact that refining the holsters will increase sales. At this time, most of this centers around the Style #6 holster and the Glocks. I've got two #6 original holsters out on loan now......one of them isn't getting returned or so I've been told. I'll help any of you any way I can......just please don't flood my message box here. Use the email through the forum, or send to john@artemisarms.com and make things easier on me. Thanks
    And thanks zacii for the review!

I neglected to mention another aspect of versatility. I can wear this holster with no belt. In fact, I wear it while lounging around the house in sweat pants.

This is definitely an innovative and versatile, simple holster. Gotta love all that
    Trust in God and keep your powder dry

"A heavily armed citizenry is not about overthrowing the government; it is about preventing the government from overthrowing liberty. A people stripped of their right of self defense is defenseless against their own government." -source

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I neglected to mention another aspect of versatility. I can wear this holster with no belt. In fact, I wear it while lounging around the house in sweat pants.

This is definitely an innovative and versatile, simple holster. Gotta love all that
    Aye. So your opinion on it's worth for total price shipped from the manufacturer? Realize this is only your opinion, but it's going to help us all (interested) in the long run.

Great review!!! I really appreciate the degree of thoroughness you have gone through and the pics attached as well. The versatility seems like it would be perfect for my carry applications. The 8C seems like it is doable for the 442 and would also work with my SP101, Bersa Thunder 9 UC, and XD40sc. This is a really nice alternative to the high-end, one-off, made to fit only one gun leather products.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Ram Rod, I just went out to their website and browsed their online catalog. The best thing they could do to increase sales would be to have pictures of guns in the holsters so you could get an idea of how it fits. All they need is a photo section with links to popular make of handgun and then underneath that a list of pics of that gun in various holsters (i.e. Smith j-frame, 1911, Ruger SP101, Glock 26/27, Glock 19/23, etc.).

Most of the time when you're holster shopping, you're doing so for a particular make or model of gun. This would make that super easy. Pic your make or model and then see pics of it in various holsters to see which one fits and rides the way you like. Some people may like a holster to ride a little higher up on the gun, some may like it to ride a little lower. This would make shopping for a holster on-line (where you can't check out fit in your hand like in the store) much easier.

Just thought I would pass along some thoughts on how they could better present their product and get more sales. I'm very interested, but not being able to check them out in person like I do at my loval gun shop the pics would remove any doubt or questions and push me over the edge on which one would be the best for my particular weapon. Hope this helps.
    Know Guns, Know Safety, Know Peace.
    No Guns, No Safety, No Peace.

Guns are like sex and air...its no big deal until YOU can't get any.

Links