Looking for ultra small holster

This is a discussion on Looking for ultra small holster within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hi folks Yesterday I picked up a Stoeger Cougar in .40 S&W. Absolutely love it. I'd like to get a holster to slip it into ...

Thread: Looking for ultra small holster

Looking for ultra small holster

Hi folks
    Yesterday I picked up a Stoeger Cougar in .40 S&W. Absolutely love it. I'd like to get a holster to slip it into once in a while, but I'm not even sure if they make what I'm looking for.
    I'm looking for either a belt or clip holster that I can slip the gun into if needed. In other words, not something for normal carry or; driving, running, everyday activity, but rather something I can wear OWB 24/7 that doesn't really look like a holster, but will accept the barrel of the gun for a walk out back or whatnot. The gun will be kept elsewhere nearby.
    This kind of fits the bill, but it looks bigger than I want and I'd rather have kevlar for less bulk. http://www.stealthholster.com/node/19 And I don't need something universal I/OWB, but I guess I could remove the clip.
    Am I making sense? It seems I remember seeing some small holsters that basically just held the barrel and the gun rode high, but that was years ago.

Any help appreciated

2. Remove Ads

Locked out on a balcony of the Dark Tower...
    they make some sweet IWB holsters that have belt clips on them that you can remove without taking your belt off.
    All Day I Dream About Sigs

Cool

The stealth holster you refered to seems to be ideal. Something to lightweight is not going to hold the weapon firmly or securely enough for any type of physical activity. I remember a holster years ago that was made of plastic like the one you are refering to however I cannot think of the name. Good luck in your search.
    "Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

"A nation of sheep breeds a government of wolves".

http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/

"Violence is seldom the answer, but when it is the answer it is the only answer".

Thanks Guys.
    And thanks Old School... I'm NOT going crazy, lol (yet). I knew there was a small plastic or kevlar type holster like that. Seems I remember them being popular with 1911's. And there wasn't a lot of beef to them, not like today's pancake holsters.

VIP Member
    I think I get you. For 'grab & go', I really like FIST. They're built well and have a j-hook clip that stays snug.

Unhappy

http://www.dalefrickeholsters.com/products/joshua.htm

Unfortunatelyit is not made for your particular firearm.

No... the one I was thinking of was OWB, but I do remember a name now. They were called speed holsters, because there was very little material to clear. Doing a quick Google image search, I did not run into it, but I'm talking back in the mid eighties, too. They probably don't make them that way anymore, as the sport and needs evolved.

OK, the more I'm thinking here I think any smallish high riding holster would work. After all, I'm looking for something that disappears, or is inconsipuous without the handgun in it. And since normally my shirt is untucked, that could fit the bill, or even the one I originally posted, but I would like to find that in a thinner material.

Well, I have 2 thoughts for you. First is the Galco Matrix, just about as small as you're gonna get. The other is smaller because it's built into the belt. It's The Beltster Holster.
    Last edited by OldLincoln; September 19th, 2010 at 04:25 PM. Reason: added link

Hey, thanks Old Lincoln. That belt is nice. An everyday wear, slip in a gun when going out. Just what I was looking for. Something that doesn't draw attention to itself. I didn't mention, but I'm not all that concerned about concealing the gun once holstered, so an inconspicuous holster is what I was after.

Doing a search for belt holsters, like you suggested before you added the link, I can across this. Which I'm liking a lot too. And it looks like one will fit my Cougar.
    http://www.copsplus.com/prodnum1783.php

I just needed to bounce some ideas off of you guys. You've all been very helpful.

http://www.opticsplanet.net/galco-ja...m9-jak212.html

How about something like the JAK Slide that goes under your belt? You can leave it on all the time and stick a gun in it when you need to.

Good call, Frank. That's the exact holster that I posted in my link right above yours.
    I called Galco yesterday and they were very helpful. It was between the jak slide and the yaqui. Their rep said definitely the jak slide. Much thinner profile and it looks like it could hold anything when the gun isn't in it. I can't wait til it comes in.

It's in
    I think this will do exactly what I wanted. And because it slides, I can easily postition it in the small of my back if I want.
    Attached Images

Links