AAAAGGGGH.......Holsters!!

This is a discussion on AAAAGGGGH.......Holsters!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Is there anyone who makes and more importantlySTOCKS a good leather holster for the Ruger SP-101 that completely covers the 3" barrel. I have found ...

Thread: AAAAGGGGH.......Holsters!!

Angry AAAAGGGGH.......Holsters!!

Is there anyone who makes and more importantlySTOCKS a good leather holster for the Ruger SP-101 that completely covers the 3" barrel. I have found oddles & gobbs of holsters for the shorter barrel SP-101......but I want the barrel completely covered.

I would like to have a nicely boned leather with belt straps fore and aft, sort of like a slide or pancake style, possibly high ride FBI forward cant. A similar IWB style would also be great.

If there are any custom holster manufacturers reading this......I might even consider a factory second so long as it doesnt look like it was built by a child. I just dont want to wait for 4-40 weeks for one to be made.
    The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

2. Remove Ads

4 weeks to be made would really be pretty good.
    40, well thats extreme but not totally unusual for custom leather.

just something to consider.
    i know you stated "stocks" (but just a fact of custom gunleather.)
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Senior Member Array torrejon224's Avatar
    Check out Del Fatti and 5Shot. Del Fatti would have a long wait but 5shot is at 4 to 6 weeks and their products are awesome. Also, try Lightning Arms Sports. They stock Sparks and Alessi as well as others and may be able to help.

VIP Member
    Go to Gary Brommeland's site and get his number and give him a call. If he makes a presentation grade holster for your Ruger, maybe he will make a service grade. The service grade holsters are a recent addition and not yet mentioned on the website. Wait time on the service grades is two or three weeks.

http://www.brommelandgunleather.com/index.htm

You can check this thread for more info on service grade holsters.
    http://www.combatcarry.com/vbulletin...ead.php?t=9430
    George

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe. Albert Einstein

Assistant Administrator
    I reckon Kevin at K&D could do you one to suit barrel length - mine from him was for the 2 1/4 but sure he can do one to suit.

He is tho mega busy and 12 weeks sort of wait these days - http://www.kdholsters.com/
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Try maybe kramer Gunleather

+1 kramerleather.com

Try Mernickle holsters in Texas. I've had two custom holsters made by them. The first arrived in 3 weeks, the second in 4 weeks.
    Great service.
    www.mernickleholsters.com
    Dave

+1 on giving Gary a call. He is a great guy who makes a great product. I believe he is running a month or so on the service grade now but 4 weeks or so is nothing for awesome leather.

Seems I've read this post someplace else, hmmmmm........LOL!!

Try Lighting Arms, its a possibility.

Personally I'd rather wait (4weeks-whatever) for excellent leather than settle for something less.

Don Hume probablly has someting in stock. I'm not real big on them though. Good leather for the price, but not great IMHO.
    OPE Prostaff
    www.outdoorproductexchange.com

Sitting Ducks Ltd. Prostaff
    http://www.sittingducks-ltd.com/

I just bought one last week from Don Hume for my 3" SP101, I can't remember whether it's IWB or OWB though.

I bought several at the same time, for three different guns. Anyway, I'll let you know if it totally stinks or is great.

Well….today was good holster day. I was in Houston on business and decided to stop by Collectors Firearms and check out their holsters…….and these folks have holsters. I found a Tucker Leather Texas Heritage IWB for a S&W J Frame revolver that fits my Ruger SP-101 perfectly. I want to thank all of you that suggested different brands but I wanted to find one on the shelf, handle it, stick the gun into it and take it home with me. I have waited for holsters before and the wait is excrutiating…….like now. I am waiting on a Max-Con V holster and twin mag pouch from Gary at Broomeland Leather, for my XD-45. I had to wait for my Sparks VM-2. I love to carry my guns and waiting on holsters is like a kid with his new Christmas toy……and no batteries to make it work. Here is a couple of pics I took. I have yet to wear it but next week it will be used. Ill let you know how it works.

The only thing needed for evil to exist is for good men to stand by and do nothing!!!

Thumbs up Holster is VERY Comfortable!!!

Well I had the chance to wear the new holster all day yesterday while puttering around the house taking care os som of the honeydo's. I then went out to the barn to fix a flat on my tractor and then loaded the tractor up and took it to a patch to shred weeds down for a widow of a good friend. Got back in time to clean up and head over to mother in law's for supper and a visit with brother in law that was in from Virginia. Got home last night about 9:30, went to bed and back up at 4 for my 90 mile commute. I have the holster/gun on now and almost forget it's there. I like this holster a lot. May have to go bavk to find one for my 1911 and XD-45.....especially if Collectors is willing to deal with me on the price.

Looks like a great, perfect fit... I like.

Distinguished Member Array AnimalKracker's Avatar
    Nice looking outfit. I'm glad you found a holster close by. I know how the waiting is. But after a couple of times it sure gives you something to look foreward to, knowing you got one of the best made.

Links