Defensive Carry banner

Remora No Clip Holster- I am now a believer!!

83K views 251 replies 106 participants last post by  CurtisLemansky 
#1 ·
Okay, I doubted the claims on the Remora website and even some of the posts here. How in the world could this holster stay put and allow smooth draws while tucked in the waistband of a pair of drawstring shorts/ pants? Well, IT WORKS. I just got my Remora for my Glock G36 and have been used it while running around town the last couple of days. I quickly found that it works best when the body side of the holster is directly against the skin rather than against a t shirt or boxers. It does not shift or slip and allows a smooth draw while the holster stays put. Great holster for casual, non strenuous activities.

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Your G36 sits in the Remora just like my G26 and G30 do; I'd like a little more purchase on the grip. But, I agree, these are a great addition to my stable of holsters and, as was posted somewhere else, the folks at Remora are developing gun-specific holsters. Ditto i on the drawstring shorts: this thing really sticks to the skin.

#4 ·
I'm glad you like it! Good review. I've been working with the manufacturer on the more specific Glock holsters.

I'd like a little more purchase on the grip. But, I agree, these are a great addition to my stable of holsters and, as was posted somewhere else, the folks at Remora are developing gun-specific holsters. Ditto i on the drawstring shorts: this thing really sticks to the skin.
That's where we're headed on this ordeal.

Reactions: nerdyvirgin
#9 ·
I've carried with the Remora Holster, all day with no problems. I highly recommend it.

They're working on the size issue. I believe that their holsters are a little large for what gun they're made for.

#15 ·
I have a Desantis Nemisis pocket holster for my MK40 that I've experimented with this kind of carry. I like the security of a clip. It just doesn't feel secure. And the Desantis Holster is basically the Remora, same rubbery outside material but it was a "hook" type of thing sticking out to catch in the pocket.
I, too, have a Desantis Nemesis. And, no, they're not made the same at all. The Remora was designed to grip to any surface, while the Nemesis is only designed to gain traction on the cloth inside of your pocket.

The Nemesis was never intended to be used as anything other than a pocket holster. The surface of the Desantis is a nylon-type cloth material, where the Remora has an aggressive rubber surface; kinda like a rubber basketball.

#16 ·
Like hook and loop velcro actually. Maybe a bit better hold than between the waist band and the skin. Sometimes, I'll just shove it in between my pants and my t-shirt mowing the yard or going out to the garden to pick veggies top and grip exposed. I like cotton, and I like black. I don't do undershirts unless it's cold weather, and I'll wear my t-shirt under a long sleeve button up shirt then. I'm basically a tucked in shirt sort of guy. I start my day with tucking my shirt into my pants, then inserting the Remora holster between my pants and shirt, then subsequently pulling the front part of my shirt out and over the whole ordeal. It takes two hands....one to hold the holster in place, and the other to work the shirt out up and over. If I had my choice, I'd much rather wear this (semi-exposed) between my t-shirt and waist as opposed to totally concealing it between my skin and waist. My state laws dictate I conceal. At home, on my own property, I can do as I please so long as it isn't threatening anyone. I do this quite a bit actually. Going to the mailbox, or down to the creek.
Between a shirt and the waist, the Remora holster is going to be like extra super hold.

#17 ·
On a whim, I ordered one for my M&P 9c for those quick trips where I can't be bothered to put on a belt. The Size 6 fits it perfectly.

It is definitely a much grabbier material than the DeSantis Nemesis. Great customer service as well - ordered on 9/21, shipped on 9/21, here today.

Walking around with the gun in it, stuck inside the waist of some drawstring shorts, so far it feels quite secure.

Matt

#23 ·
Remora has come out with a reinforced top holster. Just got mine today and wearing it. So far, so good. Compromise on comfort carrying appendix seems to be minimal. Re-holstering is easy. I'll try to keep this up-to-date.

#26 ·
Well, after a couple of days with the new RFT model, what do you think so far? Would it be worth it to replace the one I've got for my Ruger P345 & Glock 17?
Also, since you've got an inside connection, have you heard anything about them making a version of the holster using more material at the mouth, something to form a barrier between the entire length of the the gun and the carrier's body? That's been my only real complaint with their product so far. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably use them exclusively for concealment.

#37 ·
Flat out awesome Idea! I just did the same thing to my Nemesis and it's awesome. Gonna try it with one of my Uncle Mikes pocket holsters too, I bet it's just as cool. Thanks for the idea. :hand10:

:bier:

#31 ·
Special requests are okay with me....so long as the pics are good enough. My digital camera won't cooperate with my computer, but my phone will. You've just got to realize what I'm working with here. LOL!

#32 ·
lol awsome, i get the " picture " lol

seems like the holster still covers the magazine catch, does that bother u?

i dont believe it will unintentional release the magazine... since the holster is pretty flexible( i think ). if it was kydex or stiff leather, i guess it would be more of a problem?

#34 ·
The magazine release has never really 'bothered' me since I don't use an extended version. Where it lies within the holster is really of not much concern for me as the grip, and their first run holsters were not double stitched at the top, and I do use an extended slide release for my G27. Carrying appendix with the Remora and the mag release on the inside, I don't think an inadvertent release of the magazine is an issue throughout any range of motion or activities. Anyone who owns a Glock should know what it takes and what amount of pressure needs to be put upon the magazine release to do so. This simply is not happening simply because of the specific holster, or coming into contact with your skin. I'll all but guarantee it. Just the same as I don't worry about re-holstering my carry weapon. Non issues don't bother me.

#35 ·
....This week I'm expecting to get a new Glock 30SF. I think the same number fits both. I also ordered one of those MIC Glock tether/holsters. I'm determined to find a good way to carry my Glocks IWB.
Cool beans. I've been on the fence with the MIC, so please come back and post a Thread with your review of the product.

BTW, Congrats on your G30.

#43 ·
Yup......my g26 stays in the remora holster ......simple to take the holster in a out of my waistband with the gun in it..... today I stuffed it I'm waistband for a quick bycicle ride to the store and back; worked great.......sits in the holster on my night table......night sights staring at me........for a quick pick up if I need it........great home for a great gun.

#46 ·
Exactly how I do mine. Out of all my other holsters, the pistol usually leaves the home. The Remora is like a blanket, a bed, and a home for my G27. The only time it will leave the shell is upon deployment. The 'package deal' I mentioned previously. It's the only holster I do this with.

#44 ·
Not to be obtuse, but how about a link to the ramora site?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.