Remora No Clip Holster- I am now a believer!!

This is a discussion on Remora No Clip Holster- I am now a believer!! within the Defensive Carry Holsters & Carry Options forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by wormy How well does the holster hold against a undershirt? Like hook and loop velcro actually. Maybe a bit better hold than ...

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Remora No Clip Holster- I am now a believer!!

Quote Originally Posted by wormy View Post
    How well does the holster hold against a undershirt?
    Like hook and loop velcro actually. Maybe a bit better hold than between the waist band and the skin. Sometimes, I'll just shove it in between my pants and my t-shirt mowing the yard or going out to the garden to pick veggies top and grip exposed. I like cotton, and I like black. I don't do undershirts unless it's cold weather, and I'll wear my t-shirt under a long sleeve button up shirt then. I'm basically a tucked in shirt sort of guy. I start my day with tucking my shirt into my pants, then inserting the Remora holster between my pants and shirt, then subsequently pulling the front part of my shirt out and over the whole ordeal. It takes two hands....one to hold the holster in place, and the other to work the shirt out up and over. If I had my choice, I'd much rather wear this (semi-exposed) between my t-shirt and waist as opposed to totally concealing it between my skin and waist. My state laws dictate I conceal. At home, on my own property, I can do as I please so long as it isn't threatening anyone. I do this quite a bit actually. Going to the mailbox, or down to the creek.
    Between a shirt and the waist, the Remora holster is going to be like extra super hold.

2. Remove Ads

Senior Moderator
    On a whim, I ordered one for my M&P 9c for those quick trips where I can't be bothered to put on a belt. The Size 6 fits it perfectly.

It is definitely a much grabbier material than the DeSantis Nemesis. Great customer service as well - ordered on 9/21, shipped on 9/21, here today.

Walking around with the gun in it, stuck inside the waist of some drawstring shorts, so far it feels quite secure.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I, too, have a Desantis Nemesis. And, no, they're not made the same at all. The Remora was designed to grip to any surface, while the Nemesis is only designed to gain traction on the cloth inside of your pocket.

The Nemesis was never intended to be used as anything other than a pocket holster. The surface of the Desantis is a nylon-type cloth material, where the Remora has an aggressive rubber surface; kinda like a rubber basketball.
    Yes, this is correct. Not at all the same as the Nemesis, material wise. I started to put the remora in my pocket, and then stopped, because it feels like if it goes in, it's not coming out.

BTW, I ordered one because of this thread, and can't wait till after-shower-time and wear it with shorts. IWB wise,with jeans, it's just amazing how you can change up position, cant, etc. and so....freaking....sticky! And props to the Good People at Remora, I ordered on the 21st from CT, and it's here all ready! 2 days!

I just got a second one for my M&P 340. With that light a handgun I think you actually could jog with it. Works FAR better against bare skin than against an undershirt.

Can anyone demonstrated it via video?

I'm thinking about one for my LCP, just want to make sure it will work. I assume it will since it's capable of holding a M&P9C, just want to make sure.
    "Common sense is not so common.” Voltaire

RKM
    Quote Originally Posted by zacii View Post
    I, too, have a Desantis Nemesis. And, no, they're not made the same at all. The Remora was designed to grip to any surface, while the Nemesis is only designed to gain traction on the cloth inside of your pocket.

The Nemesis was never intended to be used as anything other than a pocket holster. The surface of the Desantis is a nylon-type cloth material, where the Remora has an aggressive rubber surface; kinda like a rubber basketball.
    Really? Mine is rubber.... Are the Remora Holster's decently priced? I may try one for my Glock 30. I love my Blade-Tech for being thin, but I the belt loop attachment. I mean, I like the security of it, but It's a loop that the belt must go through, not a clip that just pops over it. If these Remora's really are as good as you guys say, it may be worth a try, even though I do prefer some sort of attachment.

They are 25$

Remora has come out with a reinforced top holster. Just got mine today and wearing it. So far, so good. Compromise on comfort carrying appendix seems to be minimal. Re-holstering is easy. I'll try to keep this up-to-date.

los
    I wonder how a MIC covered with Remora skin would function..?

I might just have to find out.....
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

I use a modified Nemesis to carry my G30. Absolutely love it! Stays where I put it all day long. Does not shift a bit. If the Remora sticks more than a Nemesis, wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Remora has come out with a reinforced top holster. Just got mine today and wearing it. So far, so good. Compromise on comfort carrying appendix seems to be minimal. Re-holstering is easy. I'll try to keep this up-to-date.
    Well, after a couple of days with the new RFT model, what do you think so far? Would it be worth it to replace the one I've got for my Ruger P345 & Glock 17?
    Also, since you've got an inside connection, have you heard anything about them making a version of the holster using more material at the mouth, something to form a barrier between the entire length of the the gun and the carrier's body? That's been my only real complaint with their product so far. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably use them exclusively for concealment.
    "Stand your ground, don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" - John Parker April 19th, 1775 Lexington, MA

Μολών λαβέ!

Quote Originally Posted by Katana View Post
    Well, after a couple of days with the new RFT model, what do you think so far? Would it be worth it to replace the one I've got for my Ruger P345 & Glock 17?
    Also, since you've got an inside connection, have you heard anything about them making a version of the holster using more material at the mouth, something to form a barrier between the entire length of the the gun and the carrier's body? That's been my only real complaint with their product so far. If it wasn't for that, I'd probably use them exclusively for concealment.
    That's something I can check into. You can also email them, and put attention: Alan. They do have a custom order option as well on their website. I'll be taking the RFT Artemis #6 out for a walk today with my G27.

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    Remora has come out with a reinforced top holster. Just got mine today and wearing it. So far, so good. Compromise on comfort carrying appendix seems to be minimal. Re-holstering is easy...
    Gun-specific RFT is what I'm waiting for. Is the Series 6 the right size for my S&W M&P Compact? It's the size for the Glock - Sub Compact - 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 33, 36, 39.
    Size comparison is (in inches):
    M&P C - 1.2 x 4.3 x 6.7
    G27 - 1.18 x 4.17 x 6.29
    Photo Comparison
    Thanks, Ram Rod.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

Quote Originally Posted by Pistology View Post
    Gun-specific RFT is what I'm waiting for. Is the Series 6 the right size for my S&W M&P Compact? It's the size for the Glock - Sub Compact - 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 33, 36, 39.
    Size comparison is (in inches):
    M&P C - 1.2 x 4.3 x 6.7
    G27 - 1.18 x 4.17 x 6.29
    Photo Comparison
    Thanks, Ram Rod.
    I would say the #6 is the one for your M&P Compact.
    I haven't spent a lot of time with my new RFT Remora yet. I've been out of town on contract, and matter of fact, my G23 went with me on the trip instead of the G27. I will say a few things about my personal preferences and the way I personally use the Remora holster. It's my number one holster for appendix carrying my G27 right now. Summer time is also coming to an abrupt end here as well. We've sort of had an extended summer actually. 74° right now after an overnight low of 27°. Appendix carry for me will be fading along with the sunlight hours and the season. While the RFT is a novel idea, I much prefer the original as it fits me and my G27 like a skin. It conforms well, and I personally have never put much time into thinking about a holster that's made with the intentions of re-holstering for any of my carry pistols. In competition where re-holstering between strings of fire is a totally different story, I use specific holsters for those times. In other words....a 're-holstering' of my carry pistol doesn't concern me at all. That's just the plain truth, and everybody is different.
    I am also trying to get into a position where I can offer the DC membership a better price, or a group buy, even if it means simply cutting the shipping cost. That's what I'd really like to do, and maybe it will all work out well before Christmas time. As far as the Artemis #6 holster made to specs for my G27, I'm not sure if it's considered a custom holster option or not. I'm sure the more folks request it, it may become one of their regular offerings. It's just a modification of the #6 with a lower cut to expose more of the grip and double stitched on top for an extended slide release snag free draw.
    I guess it's time to post up a couple pics of the difference between the original #6 and the Artemis #6. (the difference may seem minimal, but it's why I use mine for for my G27 carry over the original #6). I also have another original #6 available for trial to the first member who PMs me and will return it.
    First image is the original #6 on the left, and the Artemis #6 on the right. Most you'll notice is the top cut. The second image has them side by side, and the original #6 in the back.

Best I can do for now. I do know this makes a huge difference to me. For those of you who haven't seen the pic of my G27 in the Artemis #6 Remora holster, I'll post it again as well.

Then the same G27 in an original Remora #6. I hope the pics make a good comparison of the grip exposure which is ultimately important for me.

the artemis really does offer a better grip than the orginal. im loving it.

RamRod, when u get a chance, can you take a picture of the other side of the holster where the magazine release is at? so we can see how close the holster is it touching it

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Links